One thing I'm not liking

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
One thing I'm not liking
Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:33 pm
  • fans are already counting us to be in the superbowl, comparing us to the 05 team, etc etc

While i do believe in RW and I do think he will make us playoff contenders for years to come, it's still his rookie season and we have to get through the playoffs first. Lots of GREAT teams in the playoffs especially in the NFC. It's not a walk in the park by any means. Look at GB last year....15-1 with no playoff wins.
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    U MAD BRAH?
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Re: One thing I'm not liking
Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:38 pm
  • Get over it.

Fans are going to be fans.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:39 pm
  • Part of the fun as fans is the "just imagine" or dream factor. We certainly feel the crush of defeats, may as well enjoy the highs of winning, even if we get crazy a little bit.
    Starrman44
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:39 pm
  • I think it’s great that fans are excited, optimistic, and placing such tremendous expectations on this team. :thirishdrinkers:
    "Our Quarterback is a Bad Man!" - Michael Robinson
    Foghawk
    NET Rookie

Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:40 pm
  • What he said.I loooooooove are team but lets not get ahead of ourselves,like we did against Miami.
    yummy down on this throbbing pole of hot man chicken.
    legend38
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:41 pm
  • Sure...but it's a bit better than when some of us (myself included) thought that 8-8 would be about what we could hope for with a rookie quarterback. I'm pretty sure it won't be a walk in the park, but do you see us losing our first playoff game this year? And then losing to the Falcons if we make it to the next round? Anything can happen....just go with the flow. It's much more enjoyable that way (well for most of us anyway).
    Kam Chancellor: The Chancellor of Defense
    Bruce Irvin: BruceMode
    Tharold Simon: Humble Thug
    Paul Richardson: BPR
    FortWorthSeahawk
    USAF BadAss

Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:43 pm
  • Crizilla wrote:fans are already counting us to be in the superbowl, comparing us to the 05 team, etc etc

While i do believe in RW and I do think he will make us playoff contenders for years to come, it's still his rookie season and we have to get through the playoffs first. Lots of GREAT teams in the playoffs especially in the NFC. It's not a walk in the park by any means. Look at GB last year....15-1 with no playoff wins.

Let us have our fun. Kill joy.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:44 pm
  • It's not that i think fans shouldnt be excited. But a "05 or 12" thread? really? we havent made the superbowl. Havent even won our division. How can you compare those teams? Right now 05 is the best year and best team we have had. We have to WIN it all to pass that year

how about looking at the possibility of making a run in this years playoffs rather than spout out OMG SUPERBOWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! like an annoying 12 year old
    Last edited by Crizilla on Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    U MAD BRAH?
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:46 pm
  • Wilson will come back down to earth eventually, but right now he's playing at roughly a third-year level with a group of limited receivers. It's hard to see us going anywhere but up next year.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:49 pm
  • I don't think that was as fans will be much disappointed this season unless we lose tomorrow's game.

We've accomplished about all we expected this season and what a ride its been.

Anyone bitching about our season from here better have good locks on their doors.

:141847_bnono:
    Getting ready for some football
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:51 pm
  • Crizilla wrote:It's not that i think fans shouldnt be excited. But a "05 or 12" thread? really? we havent made the superbowl. Havent even won our division. How can you compare those teams? Right now 05 is the best year and best team we have had. We have to WIN it all to pass that year

how about looking at the possibility of making a run in this years playoffs rather than spout out OMG SUPERBOWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! like an annoying 12 year old

Hay rook, the coach wants to see you and take your playbook :0190l:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:53 pm
  • People are getting carried away around here.

But if you can't let yourself get carried away, whats the point? May as well let yourself enjoy things, right?
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

• Crizilla wrote:It's not that i think fans shouldnt be excited. But a "05 or 12" thread? really? we havent made the superbowl. Havent even won our division. How can you compare those teams? Right now 05 is the best year and best team we have had. We have to WIN it all to pass that year

We very much might have to change your name to cryzilla.

Come on man. You really bitching about the excessive optimism? It's refreshing to finally have something to really be excited about. Who cares if we take it too far.

Cryzilla indeed!
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Yes mi' lord, I won't be so optimistic mi lord sorry my grace
    KitsapHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:58 pm
  • Interesting take.

But as a fan of this franchise for every moment of its existence I would tell you to
    {SHACK Material}.....

We only get so many moments like these.
    I am embracing every one of them.

My favorite moment EVER as a Seahawks fan was our victory over Washington in the playoffs in 2005 season. I was I. Attendance for the NFC Championship, as well, but nothing (for me) compared to the release of a playoff victory after 23(?) years without one.

I have worshipped ineptitude in a pretty package.

I am now celebrating the opportunity for success and stretching it outward in every direction from Feb 3, 2013.

Deal with it.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:01 pm
  • bestfightstory wrote:Interesting take.

But as a fan of this franchise for every moment of its existence I would tell you to
    {SHACK Material}.....

My favorite moment EVER as a Seahawks fan was our victory over Washington in the playoffs in 2005 season. I was I. Attendance for the NFC Championship, as well, but nothing (for me) compared to the release of a playoff victory after 23(?) years without one.

I am now celebrating the opportunity for success and stretching it outward in every direction from Feb 3, 2013.

Deal with it.

This mi lord
    KitsapHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:02 pm
  • Come on Criz, this is about to be the 3rd best record the team has EVER had, and we are the hottest, if not one of the hottest, team in the NFL. Nothing wrong with being stoked and having high expectations. Shoot, it's not that often in our history that this team is at this level. I'm enjoying every last second of it. Annoying 12 year olds because some people think we will make the Superbowl? Really? :roll:

And why in the heck wouldn't we compare the team to the 2005 team? Sure that team was probably better overall, and had the #1 seed etc. However, this Defense is hands down better than that one, and look how efficient our Offense is right now. Marshawn Lynch is every bit as good as SA imo. I'm not sitting here saying this team is as good as 2005 at all. However, this is a damn good team, that's getting very hot at the right time. So have a coke and a smile, and enjoy the ride.
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:08 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    Crizilla wrote:fans are already counting us to be in the superbowl, comparing us to the 05 team, etc etc

Let us have our fun. Kill joy.

This!
    It's payback, Russell Wilson falling way back
    In the draft, turn nothing into something, still can make that
    Will I
    NET Rookie

Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:11 pm
  • I feel like I've been free'd as a Seahawks fan to enjoy this team in it's full glory and not even worry about this issue or that issue that may be a weakness anymore.
    Shane Falco
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:13 pm
  • No doubt. This season has been a huge success. I think we truly are a Superbowl contender, not saying we WILL be in the Superbowl. But, we are in the dance, and have a great shot at this thing. Regardless what happens in the playoffs, this has been one heck of a season. I'll be able to hold my head up high, win or lose. The future is VERY bright for this team. We are just scratching the surface. With this Quarterback, this coaching staff, this young team, the talent on the team, and this front office etc. How can you NOT be incredibly excited about this team????? Seems really corny to actually be mad that people are excited about the team. :?
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:17 pm
  • We're not in the Super Bowl yet?

Win Forever!
    JonRud
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:18 pm
  • This season is great.
    This team is great.
    I don't see an NFC threat in the playoffs (besides Seattle).
    I can display my excitement if I want to.

I think OP didn't get everything on his Christmas list and is taking it out on the good folks of .Net
    It was a catch.
    SeaMeat
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:19 pm
  • I mean people who keep expecting us to lay 40+ on every team are sorely mistaken, but not for a second do I think it's out of line to compare this team to the '05 version. Back at this point in 2005, we had a great team and we were really happy, but we were coming off of consecutive one-and-outs in the playoffs and it left us gunshy to even know what to expect as the #1 seed. This team, at this point in time, has played a more impressive stretch of dominant games than the '05 team ever did.

Even as someone who is violently opposed to (1) emotional overreactions and (2) recency bias, I don't think the board's been bad at all. The continued expectation of 6+ TDs per game is a little bit silly, but whatever. These are fun times.
    MidwestHawker
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:22 pm
  • Heck, the 05 season was a huge surprise after all the 1 and done playoff runs etc. This team has been a huge surprise. Remember in 05, it just felt like there was something special going on. I see the same thing with this team, something is very special about this team. I had more overall confidence in 05 for obvious reasons, but man this team just has the "it" factor.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:26 pm
  • bestfightstory wrote:Interesting take.

{SHACK Material}.....

Deal with it.

My favorite was when we beat Carolina in the playoffs after all the Carolina hype
    "While it's true most dragons are cruel, the Terpdragon seems to take particular glee in the misery of others, often tormenting her victims much like a cat plays with a mouse before delivering the final blow."
    Terpdragon
    NET Rookie

Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:32 pm
  • Is Criz really "bitching" about those excited with this team and their hopes? It didn't read that way to me (at all).

I think he's commenting on the (well said) 12-yr old type posts claiming victory already (and spouting at others on other NFL msg boards, etc).
    One game at a time, I can guarantee the Hawks are taking things that way. None of this has to do with fan buzzkill, enjoying games and wins, or anything like that.
    Last edited by hawkfan1975 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    hawkfan1975
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:38 pm
  • hawkfan1975 wrote:One game at a time. I can guarantee the Hawks are taking things that way.

What does one sentence have to do with the other?
    MidwestHawker
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:44 pm
  • hawkfan1975 wrote:Is Criz really "bitching" about those excited with this team and their hopes? It didn't read that way to me (at all).

I think he's commenting on the (well said) 12-yr old type posts claiming victory already (and spouting at others on other NFL msg boards, etc).
    One game at a time. I can guarantee the Hawks are taking things that way. None of this has to do with fan buzzkill, enjoying games and wins, or anything like that.

Huh? Who SPECIFICALLY is he whining about? Examples, please. Perhaps you could provide them since you, evidently, are the only guy who correctly interpreted this dude's OP.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:47 pm
  • bestfightstory wrote:

Huh? Who SPECIFICALLY is he whining about? Examples, please. Perhaps you could provide them since you, evidently, are the only guy who correctly interpreted this dude's OP.

I refuse to believe you're this stupid.
    hawkfan1975
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:48 pm
  • Just because one team gets to the Super Bowl and another doesn't, in different years, doesn't mean anything.

I don't believe there was an NFC team that year as good as the Niners for instance. Just like the early to mid 90s had some great teams to overcome, therefore the championship teams from those years get in the conversation for greatest all time teams.

Also, sometimes more than record, it's how good a team is at the end of the year. This is one of he all-time great Seahawks teams with some very special story lines we may never see again. Real Rob giving an intimate picture, Young players emerging full of hope for the future, shortest starting qb in league playing at an MVP level while being a rookie, an offense free of ego, a defense who is arguably the best in the biz, and I could go on.

There were definitely better things on the 05 team (left side of line, for instance), but we are still putting up a 1500 yard runner.

Also, this team has not over achieved these past three weeks. There are lots of areas we can improve.

Is this team better than 05? I'm starting to believe it is. 05 had a great season, but this one isn't over. If we fall short of the Super Bowl, '05 will remain the greatest season, but that doesn't mean as a fan I can't compare the two.

This is personally my favorite Seahawks team of all time. The Real Rob Report's insight may have something to do with that.
    Starrman44
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:54 pm
  • hawkfan1975 wrote:
    bestfightstory wrote:

I refuse to believe you're this stupid.

INCORRECT. I must be. Cuz I see things much differently than you and the OP.
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:57 pm
  • bestfightstory wrote:Cuz I see things much differently than you and the OP.

Now THAT I believe. It's ok, you've had far better posts and threads.
    hawkfan1975
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:59 pm
  • NO MORE EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!! LOUD NOISES!!!!!
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:05 pm
  • hawkfan1975 wrote:
    bestfightstory wrote:Cuz I see things much differently than you and the OP.

Now THAT I believe. It's ok, you've had far better posts and threads.

Whatever, dude. Done trying to understand your point. A bunch of people, including myself jump the OP for his post. He vanishes. You defend him but decline to elaborate-instead refusing to believe I am stupid which is a way of indirectly calling me stupid when I ask for specifics.

And now this which I am also too stupid to know whether it is sarcasm or a compliment.

Back to Cloud Nine for me.

Bye-bye.
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:09 pm
  • Well since you all decided to ream his ass I can't imagine him wanting to come back for the red hot poker treatment. Still I read it as don't get to high there are a lot of variables that are still in play before counting us Superbowl winners in week 17.

Can't imagine what treatment he would get if h was wearing a Kelly Stouffer Jersey, he's still a fan, just was restraining his enthusiasm.
    Last edited by chris98251 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:11 pm
  • OP what are you talking about? We ARE going to the Superbowl. You may not "like" me now for saying it but you'll sure be cheering when we are. Only difference is I knew it all along and you doubted your team.
    ***In Carroll We Trust***
    kthebestwayw
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:14 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Well since you all decided to ream his ass I can't imagine him wanting to come back for the red hot poker treatment. Still I read it as don't get to high there are a lot of variables that are still in play before counting us Superbowl winners in week 17.

Cause he deserved it.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:21 pm
  • Let's chill guys. Seahawks kick ass. Lets be happy.

Hell, even Dom is optimistic, this is one of the best times to be a Seahawks fan.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:23 pm
  • OP-- we have one game a week. We must fill the gaps with talk. The last four weeks we've even playing outside of what we've grown to know as fans. Let it be, live it large while it lasts. Our optimism only helps the team, not detracts...
    KARAVARUS
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:23 pm
  • I apologise, I was reading the threads about attacking fans and this reeks of the same stuff, I did exactly what I was trying to defend against. Still it's an opinion, we are better then attacking a poster rather then the post.

.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:32 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:I apologise, I was reading the threads about attacking fans and this reeks of the same stuff, I did exactly what I was trying to defend against. Still it's an opinion, we are better then attacking a poster rather then the post.

Love ya Chris.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:36 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:I apologise, I was reading the threads about attacking fans and this reeks of the same stuff, I did exactly what I was trying to defend against. Still it's an opinion, we are better then attacking a poster rather then the post.

Love ya Chris.

Ok Dom, but no tongue action :)

chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:38 pm
  • I think as a fan base we're still to shell shocked by our recent history up until now to fully enjoy exactly what this team we have right now is all about and how good they are and can still be. In hindsight, when Russell Wilson retires as the greatest Seahawks QB of all time we'll look back on this squad as the place it all started and quite possibly the greatest TEAM we've ever had. Superbowl appearance or not. Individual players might not be the best ever we've had at their positions, LT, DT, WR all stand out in this regard, but as a TEAM we are far greater than the sum of our parts. This is a group of 53+ players and a hand full of coaches that believe in themselves and each other to a degree that we've never seen before in Seattle. This is the beginning of something great, this is the start of the 70's Steelers, 80's 49ers, 90's Cowboys, 2000's Patriots...its the 2010's SEATTLE SEAHAWKS. This is our time ladies and gentlemen. Enjoy it. Live it up. This is a great ride and I aim to savor every second of it.
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:47 pm
  • I kind of agree. On other sites with mixed fanbases, Seahawks fans have become insufferable.
    TJH
    *NET #1 Sherman Fan*

Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:52 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:Wilson will come back down to earth eventually, but right now he's playing at roughly a third-year level with a group of limited receivers. It's hard to see us going anywhere but up next year.

I'm not so sure he will man. Remember, 33 TDs and 4 ints last year at Wisconsin. This looks like a pattern to me. And yeah, better WRs and he's likely to just get better still.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:52 pm
  • TJH wrote:I kind of agree. On other sites with mixed fanbases, Seahawks fans have become insufferable.

....and don't you just love it? :mrgreen:
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:53 pm
  • TJH wrote:I kind of agree. On other sites with mixed fanbases, Seahawks fans have become insufferable.

Hate to state the obvious TJH, this isn't other sites :roll:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:59 pm
  • grizbob wrote:
    TJH wrote:I kind of agree. On other sites with mixed fanbases, Seahawks fans have become insufferable.

Gee thanks.

Has nothing to do with my point, or the original poster's.
    TJH
    *NET #1 Sherman Fan*

Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:04 pm
  • TJH wrote:
    grizbob wrote:
    TJH wrote:I kind of agree. On other sites with mixed fanbases, Seahawks fans have become insufferable.

Gee thanks.

Has nothing to do with my point, or the original poster's.

Don't we have a bit of a right to stand up and shout for our team? The narrative all year long has been about how other teams lost rather than how Seattle won, its been about Luck and RG3 running away with OROY when Wilson is playing on at least their level. It's been about burying the Seahawks, how we're "pretenders" we can't win on the road, we're going to fail and be exposed as the frauds of a team we are. Its been about how Pete Carroll is a cheater, his style won't work, he's going to fail. So yeah, now that our team has jumped out and jumped on some teams I think we have a right to fight back and stand up for our team. We're that kid in the school yard thats been kicked around for years but took some self defense classes last summer break and is now standing up to his bullies. We deserve to be a bit "insufferable" right now because nobody gave us a shot.
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:04 pm
  • Crizilla wrote:fans are already counting us to be in the superbowl, comparing us to the 05 team, etc etc

who peed in your beer..have fun and roll with it bro
    BGHawk
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:07 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information