My first game at CenturyLink! Advice?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
My first game at CenturyLink! Advice?
Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:35 am
  • Hey everybody,

Have been back home in Seattle for the holiday week, and wasn't planning on going to the Rams game, but my dad surprised me and we've got two club seats for Sunday! So excited, hopefully we get another beatdown, a Russell Wilson rookie record, and perfect 8-0 home record to go along with it.

I've been a Hawks fan since I was a little kid, and went to a few games at the Kingdome when I was younger, but between being out of state for a while and other circumstances have never been to a game at CenturyLink before.

I wanted to get the advice of the .net faithful. My dad and I are going to come down and make a day of it. Any suggestions on making the experience an awesome one? Parking suggestions? Good food around the stadium for brunch? Advice for wandering the tailgates? Gathering of the .net crew? Help me make my first Seahawks game in forever as excellent as possible!
    Last edited by PGunning101 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Pete Carroll + John Schneider = Always Compete
    PGunning101
    NET Rookie

Re: My first game at CenturyLink! Advice?
Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:38 am
  • There are plenty of good tailgating spots to many to pick a particular one,, a lot of the old school fans (big rv's lots of TV's, games, network style hosts) are along that road that is behind the pyrimd ale house (south) behind hooverville. just north of the starbucks HQ.

There is a red hot dog truck called muaric's or something right in front of touchdown city that has the best hod dogs in seattle...
    parking... well you can park in the starbucks garage for 10 bucks and walk right down tailgate lane..

that's all I got.
    --/*Seattle Seahawks*\--
    hawks4thewin
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:40 am
  • Temple Billiards for pre-funk, great food, drinks and some famous .netters are usually there.
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George

Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:47 am
  • Advice

Wear a Steelers jersey and walk down first avenue
    warden
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:54 am
  • King Street Bar and Oven is a great pre-funk spot, tons of the crazies in there, good food, great atmosphere, strong drinks etc. Also, the taco truck, El Camion, is incredible, right across from the TD City as well. (the dogs he's talking about at the other truck are unreal too).
    TD City is a great spot for pre game on your way into the stadium. 5 Dollar beers (although smaller) and 3 dollar dogs. You can bring any food in you want, best to buy it outside. Also, you can have one sealed bottled water each to bring in. If you're not drinking or toasted, you can get a free soda or water by going to the fan services booth on the West side, inside the stadium, by signing up for the Designated Driver thing, and you get a wrist band and a voucher for a free soda. That saves you some $ right there.
    Parking wise, if you get there real early (like before 8:30am) you can park on 6th ave in a lot of spots, and some people go over to the viaduct, not sure if those are still free.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:04 am
  • Have fun, bring lots of money and a pair of ear plugs, it does get loud! Oh and yell your butt off!
    Bremwahawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:18 am
  • Ear plugs, excedrin and Money! Because it is loud, you will be screaming your head off (I presume) and things in the Clink ain't cheap. Have fun!
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:27 am
  • Bring a box of tissue. For dabbing the noise induced blood coming out of your ears. Though if you scream loud enough, they will self clear. (your choice)
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:49 am
  • The club section has covered lounges and restaurants and bar where they serve hard liquor. The club tickets holders can enter the stadium 4 hours before the game starts. People hang out and lounge area and watch early games on TV. You get to meet some coaches and radio hosts depending on if you come across them. I normally park on the safeco field garage which costs around 35 dollars, was 25 in the beginning but will keep increasing the price as the team does better:). The have tailgating on Safeco field or the roads around the stadium. I have never been to Temple but one of these days I will to meet all the netters. Personally even though I sat the in the club seats twice this whole season, I preferred eating and drinking outside with more options and cheaper costs. Showbox Sodo is a really big bar and warehouse where I sometimes stop by. They have enough space that getting drinks are easier than in the really smaller bars. They have around 12 or 13 TVs all around where you can watch every NFL game that is live. Sometimes KJR 950 also broadcasts from that place pre game.
    seahawks08
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:51 am
  • Hard candies to soothe your throat from all the screaming you're going to do.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:28 pm
  • Don't wear a Ram shirt, apparently... :)
    roiyair
    NET Practice Squad

Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:30 pm
  • 1. Bring vials
    2. Collect tears from Rams fans throughout the game
    3. ???
    4. Profit
    minormillikin
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:54 pm
  • warden wrote:Advice

Ok, that's just mean spirited. :th2thumbs:
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:54 pm
  • Make your bathroom run at the 2 min warning. You usually can make it back before the half ends. Don't worry about missing anything. There are TVs everywhere. Sometimes I'm able to do my business and get beer! :)
    Owner and operator of "Oof Studios" in South Everett WA
    http://www.facebook.com/OofStudios
    http://www.OofStudios.com
    Oof
    NET Rookie

• Don't be a meany bo beany to the 9er fans or else they'll cry and write whiney letters to the editor...
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• If you get down there early (by 8 AM at the latest, I'd say) you can park almost anywhere for free. Just line up your car
    with the nearest outlet or onramp to speed your departure.

Good pregame food: Dim Sum at House of Hong, sandwich from Tat's, anything at FX McRory's

Tailgating: do some bar hopping - Sluggers, King Street, Triangle, Temple or visit between the Silver Cloud and Hawks Nest, also head down
    past the Safeco garage or down the Viaduct, also check out the festivities in the Event Center (KJR does their pregame there and Mack Strong,
    one of the hosts, doesn't mind signing autographs during breaks)

Use your Club Seats to full advantage: head in early and just walk around the stadium soaking up the glory that is Seahawks Satdium
    Riley12
    * NET Recluse *
    * NET Recluse *

• If its your first trip I would suggest you get to the stadium early so you can just look at the place for 20-30 minutes cause that much time is needed the first time.

If you're high up I loved the walk up the 13 corners to get to the top. Take the time to look out over the waterfront from every level on the way up.

Lastly,,,,,,have a great time!

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• No doubt, and after the game, you should be able to get some incredible sunset shots, especially if we are w/out rain. I'm hearing it might just be cloudy tomorrow.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• grizbob wrote:Temple Billiards for pre-funk, great food, drinks and some famous .netters are usually there.

Does "Famous .Netters" mean the "Old Ones".... Gotta Love It! Wish we could be there..... Temple Billiards for sure, and other places up and down the streets around Century Link Field... FX McRory's is another place not far from the stadium, but usually packed.... There is parking on streets and of course in Parking Lot's, but got to be there early, which you should be to Pre-Funk! Enjoy! :thirishdrinkers:
    Looking For That One Particular Habor....
    Hawkboi
    * Class Act Hawk Fan *

• Shock2k wrote:
    warden wrote:Advice

Ok, that's just mean spirited. :th2thumbs:

or a good way to use the handycap parking spaces....?
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

• Hawkboi wrote:
    grizbob wrote:Temple Billiards for pre-funk, great food, drinks and some famous .netters are usually there.

Does "Famous .Netters" mean the "Old Ones".... Gotta Love It! Wish we could be there..... Temple Billiards for sure, and other places up and down the streets around Century Link Field... FX McRory's is another place not far from the stadium, but usually packed.... There is parking on streets and of course in Parking Lot's, but got to be there early, which you should be to Pre-Funk! Enjoy! :thirishdrinkers:

Here's a run down of who I had the pleasure to meet there, bestfightstory, Riley12, MysterMatt, TechWorlds, pehawk, a couple others who I can't remember their names, sorry guys :34853_tinfoil: and last but definately not least, Aros. :thirishdrinkers:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George

• I always run into Dom... He practically has a chair with his name on it there ;P
    Galen96
    NET Veteran

• Thanks to everyone for the great advice and tips. We'll see where the a.m. takes us, but maybe we'll run into a few of you at Temple.

Almost too excited to sleep.

(Russell Wilson voice) #GOHAWKS
    Pete Carroll + John Schneider = Always Compete
    PGunning101
    NET Rookie

• Get rip roaring drunk. Then abuse opposing fans.

It's how we roll.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:23 am
  • Go to the SW corner on the 100 level walkway and check out the signage that the faithful over there always has for the opposing team as they come out of the tunnel for warm-ups and pre-game.

It is very entertaining and I will be heading there shortly.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:14 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information