Speaking of idiots: People throwing stuff onto the field

RockHawk

Reaction score
Last game when the refs made a bad call, we saw at least 4 or 5 beer bottles being thrown down onto the field from the North Endzone/HawksNest area. This pisses me off to no end. As Todd said in another topic, we're better than that 12th man.

And if you're in a section and see someone below you throw something, you damn well better put a stop to it either by peer pressure (yell at them to cut that s**t out and the rest of your section will follow, trust me) or utilize the ushers to get them out of the game.

I was seriously worried about getting a 15 yard penalty when I saw the first ones fly, and then someone threw another beer a few minutes later at a back judge at the back of our endzone. He looked back at the crowd and his hand went to his flag. If I saw who did it, and we got a 15 yarder because of it, you're damn right I'd have taken care of them one way or another.

So don't allow this crap to happen guys. That's all.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
This actually pisses me off more then a few people getting verbally "abused". Sticks and stones people. Words dont mean shit but when it comes to violence or throwing objects people can get hurt, and there's no reason in the world for anybody to get hurt over a damn football game. Its entertainment. Nothing more.

Personally, i'd be perfectly fine if they stopped selling any alcohol at sporting events. (but then I dont drink, so its easy for me to say)

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Thankfully they made the switch to plastic bottles for this very reason.

The Radish

Reaction score
JSeahawks":39jwfe0t said:
This actually pisses me off more then a few people getting verbally "abused". Sticks and stones people. Words dont mean shit but when it comes to violence or throwing objects people can get hurt, and there's no reason in the world for anybody to get hurt over a damn football game. Its entertainment. Nothing more.

Personally, i'd be perfectly fine if they stopped selling any alcohol at sporting events. (but then I dont drink, so its easy for me to say)

Don't worry, loss of booze will never happen. Seahawks make about $2 million per game on beer and food just like the rest of the teams. Not likely they are going to let that revenue stream stop.

:roll:

grizbob

Reaction score
Feel pretty powerless from my room, but I hear ya Mark. Ass wipes need to be dealt with!

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
When stuff like this happens, they will watch there Videos mark the seats and Flag the account owners... Stop selling tickets to bandwagon fans.

to truly fix this issue they need to not sell 100's of tickets to scalpers and let them KEEP there tickets when people get tossed out..
They need to hold those accounts as accountable as they hold us too.

Pisses me off to know end.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
This topic continues to baffle me.

From my view, this was a well behaved crowd for a big game.
My wife said it before I did near the end of the game.
We only saw one fight and that was at the final whistle. (between 117 and 118 on the walkway.)

I'm in the corner (section 117, 5 seats above the walkway) with great douche fight views of the south and east end zones.

Cops had very little to do in our area until the very end.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
67,000 people in one place, there is bound to be some stupidity. Rock is right though, peer pressure is a great deterrent to throwing crap on the field. Stand up and say something.

It is funny to me that people have been having these complaints at the clink because I have very seldom seen anything like this from our fans. I have on quite a few times seen fans of other teams causing problems at the clink. Some 9ers, bears, raiders fans have all been horrible at times.

DohBoy

Reaction score
Though it's been four years, douchey fans on other forums still like to use that YouTube video of 'Hawk fans throwing snowballs at Brett Favre/Jets. Anything and everything is caught on video now, so if one jackwagon throws a plastic bottle or interferes with a player, it makes everyone look really bad.

DohBoy

v1rotv2

Reaction score
In Oakland years ago fans would bring dead flashlight batteries to throw. Small and weighty, makes a pretty effective projectile.

garydrake425

Reaction score
^^^ :187734: :censored: :thraidersux:

Thats right, Skittles :229031_thewave:( Lol They remind me of Skittles) is what I wanna see flyin but all that other stuff is nonsense. I like the peer pressure idea. I've only been honored to attend one game but when I'm able I will keep this subject in mind for my future games. Thank you RockHawk for the heads up.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I was sitting on the 50 yard line I saw people throwing stuff, did not know what, but hopefully they are ejected, the more people get ejected from the game, the more bad behavior is stopped. I wish they announced in the stadium that people who are throwing stuff will get ejected.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
When I saw the Hawks in Cleveland, their fans were throwing batteries, yes batteries, at the Hawks fans walking down the isles. At the Chicago regular season game I went to in 06, ppl were throwing FULL cans of beer.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
seahawks08":7d65n4y4 said:
I was sitting on the 50 yard line I saw people throwing stuff, did not know what, but hopefully they are ejected, the more people get ejected from the game, the more bad behavior is stopped. I wish they announced in the stadium that people who are throwing stuff will get ejected.
I'd go one step further by announcing something like, act like an idiot and throw stuff, and you will be tazed and ejected, otherwise, have a great day and enjoy the safe family oriented environment here at the Clink. :16:

Steve2222

Reaction score
That guy that threw the beer bootle was my cousin lol. I was on the opposite side of the stadium.

And I don't get how the Seahawks could get penalized for that. What's from stopping a 49ers fan from throwing the bottle resulting in it penalizing the home team. It wouldn't be a penalty, it would be an ejection from the game of the fan.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
Steve2222":1t7helng said:
That guy that threw the beer bootle was my cousin lol. I was on the opposite side of the stadium.

And I don't get how the Seahawks could get penalized for that. What's from stopping a 49ers fan from throwing the bottle resulting in it penalizing the home team. It wouldn't be a penalty, it would be an ejection from the game of the fan.

There's a rule on the books, it hardly ever gets used for the reason you stated, but if too much stuff ends up on the field you better believe the ref will issue the 15yd penalty. Unsportsman like conduct on the crowd is a real thing that exists. Tell your cousin to not be a douchenozzle and smarten up.