Our chances to win the division

RichNhansom

Reaction score
This might be Wiz's final game as HC, If he can get these guy's to play to the best of their ability on Sunday it will give a glimmer of hope for another year. Does that team care enough to give Wiz their all? That's the question.

Justin Smith looks to be out for this game. In 5 quarters of football since his departure, the Niners have given up 70 points. That's right. 70 points in 5 quarters of football. Manningham is lost for the season and VD is questionable to play and even if he does, I would expect to see some alligator arms from him.

A big question for the Niners is how much does an approaching 34 year old DT effect that defense? Aldon Smith has gone completely quiet since his departure and the Niners run defense looks completely in disarray. Can they contain Wells who is auditioning for 31 other teams?

The AZ defense is for real and Keaperpick is volatile against good pass rush's. Can that AZ defense show up and create havoc in Candlestick? Will they try and save Wiz's job? Can Kaeperpick adjust under violent circumstances to find new targets? Will Moss even go across the middle?

Stay tuned folks. There just might be a little magic left behind the Wiz's curtain.

I wouldn't bet money on it but I also won't be ignoring the goings on in this game.

JonRud

Reaction score
I will have 3 games on in The SeaDen on Sunday at 4:25pm ET.

Big screen - Rams at Seahawks
TV2 - Packers at Vikings
TV3 - Cardinals at 49ers

I have no hope of Arizona winning this game. If by some miracle it looks like they have a shot in the 2nd half I will put them on the big screen [Hawks will be up 20+ by that time] and move the Hawks to a smaller TV.

I just can't see it. Not going to get my hopes up.

themunn

Reaction score
I would LOVE the Cardinals to pressure Kaepernick all day and pull out the win to hand us the division.

Not only do we win the division (and AP puts 210 yards up on the Packers to win the game, the rushing record and put Minnesota in the playoffs), but people start to say "hang on... Alex Smith went 18 of 19 for 232 yards and 3 TDs IN Arizona..." and we have ourselves a real big quarterback controversy in SF

JonRud

Reaction score
I do think Minnesota will beat GB tomorrow....so if Arizona can pull off the miracle upset I think we are the #2 seed.

Only positive is we know Skelton & Lindley are beyond horrible....so Hoyer cannot really be any worse.

Last time we needed something like this it was Spergon Wynn for Minny at the Ravens in 2001. That did not go well..... 19-3 Ravens final.

Hoyer > Wynn ?????

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":190mpwey said:
VaporHawk":190mpwey said:
Hoyer is going to shock the world!

You cannot stop Hoyer. You can only hope to contain him.
I hear a lot of talk about Hoyer's lack of experience, but when's the last time someone talked about the 49rs lack of experience against Hoyer? That's the key to this one Dom.

JonRud

Reaction score
In 2007, Hoyer was an honorable mention All-Big Ten selection. He completed 223 of 376 throws (.593) for 2,725 yards, 20 touchdowns and 11 interceptions. He had six 200-yard passing games.