Funny Hawks Jersey Story

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Funny Hawks Jersey Story
Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:48 pm
  • The last few days, I've been itching for a new jersey. I was sure that I would have had one by now but I'm still cool with my Trufant Authentic Jersey that I got a few years ago. As Christmas passed, I figured I'd just wait and buy one before the first Playoff game.

So my girlfriend tells me today about how she's waiting for the rest of my Christmas gift. It's supposed to get here in the mail soon. The first part of the gift was, "Light & Shade: Conversations with Jimmy Page." Needless to say, I was psyched about that.

So she hints at me about how my other gift is something I've wanted for a long time. Something I specifically told her to get me. The first thing that comes to my mind "A Seahawks jersey!?" She smiles and says maybe and then confesses to buying me a Seahawks jersey. So I ask her "which one? what player?" She replies with "the grey Browner." So I'm going nuts right about now! For those who don't know, I'm a HUGE Brandon Browner fan. He's one of my favorite Seahawks and I've wanted his jersey all season long. Despite his suspension, I still love the type of aggression and ruthlesness that Browner brings to the game. Russell's quick on his heels for my favorite Hawk, and favorite athlete, at that. I'll quit it with the Browner bromance but for those who want more blatantly homerish Brandon Browner love, here ya go.

http://seafense.blogspot.com/2012/10/some-love-for-brandon-browner.html

So my girl pulls up the link of the jersey she got me and much to my astonishment...

:34853_doh: So I'm sittin there, trying to act like I love it and it's perfect, but I can't hide it. She realizes this and goes "it's not the right one, huh?" I tell her that I've never seen this jersey before and then show her the proper wolf grey. Some of you will get a kick out of this because she looks at it and yells "that's not grey! That's off white, that's a bad laundry job!" It was pretty damn funny.

So I call upon you, my wise sages. I've gotta send this back, right 12's? If I sent it back ASAP I'd probably get it before the first playoff game. Do I stick with my gut and go with Browner? Do I go with blue instead of the grey? Russell Wilson maybe? I wanted to get a unique jersey that not too many people would have. I liked the wolf grey Browner jersey a little more because of that.

I've even thought about getting a Sweezy or Moffitt jersey. I'll keep you guys posted on what goes down.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Re: Funny Hawks Jersey Story
Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:53 pm
  • any seahawk jersey is awesome. even if it's neon green!
    I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.
    zhawk
    NET Starter

Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:54 pm
  • Send it back and get the proper grey Browner jersey.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:57 pm
  • just to add. a friend gave me a signed generic jersey from steve Largent. think I would reject that. not!! :thirishdrinkers:
    I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.
    zhawk
    NET Starter

Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:57 pm
  • I'd keep it. It was a gift. No one in the stadium cares about the exact color or make of a jersey, as long as it is Seahawks.
    Riley12
    * NET Recluse *
    * NET Recluse *

Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:59 pm
  • Riley12 wrote:I'd keep it. It was a gift. No one in the stadium cares about the exact color or make of a jersey, as long as it is Seahawks.

That's pretty deep Riley. I'm feelin it. Thanks for helping me keep things in perspective.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:01 pm
  • If she didn't pay too much for it, I would keep it...it actually looks kind of cool for a knock off! I like the neon green outline around the name.
    The 12th Commandment:

THOU SHALL STAY LOUD N PROUD! GO HAWKS!
    12thMode
    NET Starter

Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:03 pm
  • NYCoug wrote:
    Riley12 wrote:I'd keep it. It was a gift. No one in the stadium cares about the exact color or make of a jersey, as long as it is Seahawks.

That's pretty deep Riley. I'm feelin it. Thanks for helping me keep things in perspective.

What he said. It's worth a lot because she took the time to find out what you wanted, then went and got it. It looks really cool and it's definitely unique.

And you can't get the Browner Wolf Grey because he hasn't worn it yet. I know, bummer but that's the way it is.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:04 pm
  • 12thMode wrote:If she didn't pay too much for it, I would keep it...it actually looks kind of cool for a knock off! I like the neon green outline around the name.

She paid $130 for it. That's the only reason I thought about sending it back is because that's pretty damn expensive. Or you could look at it as that's the reason why I need to keep it.

I'm gonna wait til it gets here and see how it is and then come to a decision. I'll probably just keep it and buy myself another one. It's actually pretty cool looking.
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:06 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:
    NYCoug wrote:
    Riley12 wrote:I'd keep it. It was a gift. No one in the stadium cares about the exact color or make of a jersey, as long as it is Seahawks.

What he said. It's worth a lot because she took the time to find out what you wanted, then went and got it. It looks really cool and it's definitely unique.

And you can't get the Browner Wolf Grey because he hasn't worn it yet. I know, bummer but that's the way it is.

Haha good point about Browner not actually wearing the jersey. Never even thought of that. Good call.
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:19 pm
  • Steve2222 wrote:Send it back and get the proper grey Browner jersey.

In agreement - get the right grey jersey (Browner). You can wear it for our second playoff game if it doesn't get here in time for our first.

Okay gotta say ... I'm a girl and if I was your girlfriend I'd want you to get the exact jersey you wanted so you wouldn't at some point ---- deep deep down inside - be pissed that I got you the wrong jersey. If you end up liking the one she got you - by all means keep it and wear it with pride! It's all about what YOU like and want to wear to support your Hawks...:-)
    Last edited by Tailspin Hawk Fan on Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Tailspin Hawk Fan
    NET Rookie

Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:20 pm

This is what I would do as well. green on that jersey just isn't right, and it's the old logo with the lighter blue on the bottom for God's sake.

However, it is very cool that your women even thought to give you a jersey as a gift.

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:42 pm
  • IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:
    However, it is very cool that your women even thought to give you a jersey as a gift.

That's my point too. It represents her (current) best attempt at encouraging you in your obsession. That is priceless.
    Riley12
    * NET Recluse *
    * NET Recluse *

Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:51 pm
  • IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:Send it back and get the proper grey Browner jersey.

This is what I would do as well. green on that jersey just isn't right, and it's the old logo with the lighter blue on the bottom for God's sake.

That's what I'm taking away from this. The fact that she even remembered that and got it for me is pretty awesome.

I actually don't mind the old logo. My cousin, a Cowboys fan, got me this jacket after we made a bet for the Cowboys/Hawks game. It had a note in the packet and everything. "To the biggest Hawks fan I know. Do your thing cuz! Go Hawks!" It's got the old logo and color scheme but it's still pretty sweet and I've gotten the thumbs up of approval from many a Hawk fan I run into now.

Needless to say, the women in my life have been hookin it up for me this year!
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:53 pm
  • Riley12 wrote:
    IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:

That's my point too. It represents her (current) best attempt at encouraging you in your obsession. That is priceless.

That's pretty damn funny and true Riley. Just showed my girlfriend that and we had a pretty good laugh. Great perspective.
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:55 pm
  • I accidentally bought one from a Chinese website that claimed to be legit, the stitching is horrible, its all off.
    ANd the worst part is i paid full price for it......
    ugh fml.

Theres not much I could do about it though.
    Axx
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:09 pm
  • I'd return it and get the one you really want. My GF mentioned she wanted a new vaccum a couple months ago so I bought her one for Christmas. It wasn't the exact model she wanted but she was super excited because it was paid for and she could exchange it for the one she really wanted. Didn't take it personal at all because she's still getting the same gift, just a bit different.
    hedgehawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:42 pm
  • keep that shit find a pair of shoes to match it!
    PAT206
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:54 pm
  • Keep it. It was a gift. Even if it's a knock off it's still cool. Just save some dough and buy the one you really want and hang the gift up on the wall.
    poop
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:59 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:Keep it. It was a gift. Even if it's a knock off it's still cool. Just save some dough and buy the one you really want and hang the gift up on the wall.

Good idea SacHawk, nice.
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:05 pm
  • My wife would want me to return it. It would remind her of her mistake every time I wore it. Return it and get he proper one.
    Starrman44
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:05 pm
  • Definitely keep it, you wouldn't want her to feel like what she gets you isn't good enough
    Where did she find this
    I really like it
    Thanxx btw FINALLY a uni thread I actually enjoyed
    twelfman
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:17 pm
  • Screw that. Chicks exchange EVERYTHING. What you should do is exchange that shit for the right one then dump her for not knowing what a REAL Hawks jersey looks like in the first place.
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:43 pm
  • hold on to it and bust it out everytime you guys get in a fight
    bryantology79
    NET Starter

Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:52 pm
  • Sorry to break it to you, but Browner jerseys don't exist unless you custom make one.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:05 pm
  • There is nothing funny about this. Do you not read all the Uniform Threads on .NET.

First off, why are you even sharing your time with a woman who googles "seahawks browner jersey" and just assumes to buy the correct one.
    This is BRANDON BROWNER!!!

You know what, never mind, it is your fault. Did Ralphie just want a BB gun, any thing. Hell, no, he looked the department store Santa in the eye and proclaimed "I want an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!"

If you can not let a woman know what you want, maybe you should let her go and date a Canadian. Canadians know how to treat a lady.

But by all means, wear that pathetic rag around and proclaim yourself a "fan" sir. We mock you when you are not looking. Your uncle is also your dad. :stirthepot:
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:37 pm

Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:05 pm

This is what I'd do.
    SeahawkGeoff
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:27 pm
  • Keep it. It was a gift. Even if it's a knock off it's still cool. Just save some dough and buy the one you really want and hang the gift up on the wall.

That's my advice too. Unless when you get it the quality is utter crap, you have to keep it. You can't put a price on the effort she made to know what you wanted and to find it.
    Downright thuggish.
    Blitzfan
    * NET Alumni *

Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:05 pm
  • Blitzfan wrote:
    Keep it. It was a gift. Even if it's a knock off it's still cool. Just save some dough and buy the one you really want and hang the gift up on the wall.

That's my advice too. Unless when you get it the quality is utter crap, you have to keep it. You can't put a price on the effort she made to know what you wanted and to find it.

Screw that noise. Guys put all kinds of effort into buying gifts for chicks and they don't give a shit and a half about it. They return shit we buy them without even pretending they like it. All they care about is what it cost.

And what effort did she really make to find what he wanted? She found some cheap ass Honduras knock off that looks nothing like nothing when images of the ACTUAL jersey are plastered 80 pages thick on a place called "seahawks.com". I know, a real confusing address for the Seahawks official website but i think google might have been able to figure it out eventually.

Yeah, real nice effort. Next christmas try buying her a "Coash" purse or some "Femdi" sunglasses from the Chinese night market and see how well that's recieved...
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:23 pm
  • At first I was Laughing My Ass Off when I saw the pic and your comment about how she mentioned the off-white/laundry thing but then Riley had to go be a Sage.

He's right. Who cares? Nobody who's a real Seahawks fan will give a crap, and it was bought with love.

Rock it.

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:03 am
  • Damn, I thought you were itchin for a New Jersey..
    first time i've ever heard that.

I could' not figure out what a new jersey was.. see I'm from Jersey, I was going to yack about jersey. :)

Cool Jersey btw.
    Bobblehead
    NET Rookie

Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:54 am
  • CANHawk and Hawk Strap, you guys just made my day! I just woke up and decided to see what kind of responses this got and you've had me dying of laughter ever since! Freakin hilarious!

It's pretty awesome to see all the responses this has generated. Seems like everyone is pretty divided on the issue. Thanks for the responses and the laughs!
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:59 am

Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:12 am
  • I would keep it for sure, even wear it from time to time. But then I would get an Okung jersey to have also.
    KARAVARUS
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:46 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information