"Jeremy Lane, what will the Rams do first?"

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

“He showed on deep balls an extraordinary burst at the end of the play that was rare,” Carroll said when asked about the first time Lane impressed him in practice. “It called me to go back to him and talk to him about his track times because his 40 (-yard dash) time was not a time that would be indicative of a guy that can do that.”

Lane ran the 40 in 4.48 seconds in bad-weather conditions at his Pro Day workout at Northwestern State in March, when he also popped a 42-inch vertical leap. But Lane has a time of 21.5 seconds in the 200-meter dash, 48.0 in the 400 meters and a 23-foot long jump on his resume from Tyler (Texas) High School, as well.

As Carroll said, “I think he’s a 4.3 guy. If he would’ve run what I think he could probably run, I think he’s a 4.3 guy.”

Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• This is awesome, no one wants to throw to Sherman s side of the field now so the perception is that without Browner over there we have an Achilles heel. Make them pay young man!

Go Hawks!
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

• Definitely the future starter in Browner's current spot. He's kind of like the Bruce Irvin to Chris Clemons.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Go get them Jeremy!
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• JER-UH-MEEEEEEE LAAAAAAAAAAAAAANE
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• I love this team. Anytime a player goes down I just say to myself, "Next man up!" And we hardly ever miss a beat. Lane's just another one of those guys that Carroll finds that just can get it done when its asked of him.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• So the Buffalo Bills tested the rookie cornerback on their first play two weeks ago, just as the San Francisco 49ers went after Lane on their first play last week. Both passes were deep throws, with the Bills’ Ryan Fitzpatrick going to T.J. Graham along the sideline and the 49ers’ Colin Kaepernick giving Mario Manningham a chance to test Lane. Both times, however, Lane was more than up to the challenge.

“What I’ve learned is that the game is easier than practice,” Lane said.

Sounds like he is receiving a lot of instruction.
    “As he came along he became more and more a student of the game,” Bradley said. “With those guys in the backend – Richard Sherman, Kam (Chancellor) and Earl – I think those guys have really speeded up the learning process for him. Along with the coaches, who met with him extra.

Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• I liked him from the moment I saw him in pre-season. I do recal some didnt, SHAME ON YOU!
    djb28
    NET Veteran

• pretty sure lane is behind Maxwell on the depth chart. and by the number of reps he has at nickel vrs Maxwell... well someone needs to pull some numbers to tell me otherwise.
    --/*Seattle Seahawks*\--
    hawks4thewin
    NET Veteran

• How is it possible to have so many late round picks playing. I would be extremely curious to see a list of 5th rounders through undrafted that started this year across the NFL

It is one thing after four years in the league but 2012 fifth rounder - amazing

It speaks not only to Schneidera ability to pick players but also to the staffs ability to develop and maximize playcalling.
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• mikeak wrote:How is it possible to have so many late round picks playing. I would be extremely curious to see a list of 5th rounders through undrafted that started this year across the NFL

It speaks not only to Schneidera ability to pick players but also to the staffs ability to develop and maximize playcalling.

Must be scheme/ having a unique system that demands players that the your average NFL team doesn't see the value in.
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

• King Jeremy the wicked
    Axx
    NET Veteran

• mikeak wrote:How is it possible to have so many late round picks playing. I would be extremely curious to see a list of 5th rounders through undrafted that started this year across the NFL

The niners have played one of their rookies in one game.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

• “What I’ve learned is that the game is easier than practice,” Lane said.

I can't tell you how many times I heard/read that from USC players when Pete was the coach. "Practice is where we make us" indeed!
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Best draft class ever!!!!!
    canzag
    NET Veteran

• Huh huh, deep balls, huh huh
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• He looked pretty bad in the game against the 49ers, heres to hoping he plays a little better this time.
    "Somehow a second year quarterback was more ready for this game, than a first ballot hall of famer!?"
    -DMac 104.3 Denver The Fan after Super Bowl XLVIII
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

• NFSeahawks628 wrote:He looked pretty bad in the game against the 49ers, heres to hoping he plays a little better this time.

He did?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Throwdown wrote:
    NFSeahawks628 wrote:He looked pretty bad in the game against the 49ers, heres to hoping he plays a little better this time.

He did?

Yeah, right?. I thought he played very well.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• NFSeahawks628 wrote:He looked pretty bad in the game against the 49ers, heres to hoping he plays a little better this time.

You might be the only one that thinks that. From most accounts, he had a pretty good game.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• It is nice to know that we have a very important depth in our secondary. Especially if we can't trust their drug tests to be consistent or accurate.
    Kixkahn
    NET Veteran

Troll much?
    Donk70
    NET Veteran

Re:
Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:07 am
  • -The Glove- wrote:
    NFSeahawks628 wrote:He looked pretty bad in the game against the 49ers, heres to hoping he plays a little better this time.

You might be the only one that thinks that. From most accounts, he had a pretty good game.

He did
    Donk70
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:37 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information