Tyrelle Pryor sighting....

pehawk

Reaction score
That Carson Palmer trade was so dumb.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Which just goes to show you how good of a coach Cable was in Oakland. He wouldn't have pulled that ridiculous move. Hue did though. Tom had way less to work with in Oakland and got so much more out of them than anybody. They thought they were a QB away, and they are 4 times as bad as when Cable was coaching them with 1/4 the talent.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
My ex-neighbor was a Raider fan. Not the hatable kind, but a guy who knew his isht. The day Cable got fired he called me over to get drunk with him. He mourned Cable's departure the same way you mourn heartbreak, whiskey.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I have a friend from work who has season tickets. He was so mad he almost gave up his tickets he has had for 20 years. He flies out for every home game and flies home right after. He has almost no money, but loves that team. He was despondent the day it happened. Then when the Hawks hired him he was telling me he was hoping we'd win big and Cable would show the Raiders management what fools they were.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
I have no clue why, other than maybe I think the NFL screwed him over, but I'm anxious to see Pryor get his first start Suunday.

Snohomie

Reaction score
How did the NFL screw him over?

No team would care about the 6 game suspension, because no team planned to play him in the first six games anyways. Did I miss something else?

I'd really like Pryor to be a good QB, because he has a ton of talent (killer HS basketball player too) and he's fun to watch. But, man oh man, he was never much of a thrower at OSU... if only Meyer had gotten his hands on Pryor, that would've been fun.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
IIRC, didn't Goodell suspend Pryor for shit he did in college? That's out of bounds, IMO, but that's what Roger does.

And he also couldn't practice during that suspension. For a QB, like you said wasn't much of a thrower to begin with, that's costly. More than costly, its huge. That's 6 weeks of quality (okay, its the Raiders so a reach) PRO coaching for a talented kid who's never received any quality QB coaching.

C'mon...

Snohomie

Reaction score
pehawk":o47n19mf said:
IIRC, didn't Goodell suspend Pryor for shit he did in college? That's out of bounds, IMO, but that's what Roger does.

And he also couldn't practice during that suspension. For a QB, like you said wasn't much of a thrower to begin with, that's costly. More than costly, its huge. That's 6 weeks of quality (okay, its the Raiders so a reach) PRO coaching for a talented kid who's never received any quality QB coaching.

C'mon...

I agree it was out of bounds, said so at the time. I'm actually surprised that it stood, because it sets one hell of a precedent for every troubled athlete. I'm not as harsh on the NFLPA as you are, but this instance was pretty bad. Though Pryor was a little ***** for how handled it as well.

I don't think the practice time was anything that hurt Pryor tremendously. IIRC, he still works out in the team's facility and can run drills, just not scheduled practice.

So, really, Pryor misses out on 6 weeks of being the scout team QB (because, again, he wouldn't get the majority of the reps with the offense anyways). IMO, that's less than Wilson missed out on while splitting snaps with Flynn during TC. Not good, to be sure, but I think Pryor's QB ability did more to screw him over than the NFL, and I'm not a Goodell fan by any means.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
You going to watch him this weekend? Hopefully the Hawks game is a laugher, so I can use my Sunday Ticket Mix screen in the afternoon (2nd reason why Hawks blowouts are great), to watch Pryor play a bit.

Pryor just oozes that talent vibe...kinda like a poor mans Cam. I'm not a huge Tressell and THE Ohio State fan like you are so I haven't seen him too much.

Snohomie

Reaction score
Calling me a Tressel fan is fightin words, Ryan. But I like the poor mans Cam comparison, a lot of similarities. Pryor is even faster.

If I can, I will tune in. I haven't seen what the TV lineups are yet. Always does my heart good to see the Raider's lose, though. He'll do better than McElroy (sp), at least (I think Tebow's an awful QB and I'd put him in over McElroy... something is fishy there).

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Quit denying your love affair with sweater vest. You wanted him in Seattle, Eugene, where ever your loyalties lie, you want Jim. That's the real reason you support Goodell's decision on Pryor, he took down your boy at OSU.

Yeah, I'm REALLY starting to buy the story Rex is trying to get out. Blocking Tebow out, totally, is a finger to Woody. That whole Jets thing is the most confusing NFL coaching/GM/ownership situations I've seen in a LONG time. It's just bazaar.

I haven't looked, but I'm positive the Raiders vs Chargers HAS to be the SNF. You'd think?

In all honesty, I actually liked the Allen hire by the Raiders. Wow am I dumb.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Pe, you watch that Rutgers game? That first TD was BS. That was a safety.

Snohomie

Reaction score
pehawk":1yvo8l6e said:
Quit denying your love affair with sweater vest. You wanted him in Seattle, Eugene, where ever your loyalties lie, you want Jim. That's the real reason you support Goodell's decision on Pryor, he took down your boy at OSU.

Yeah, I'm REALLY starting to buy the story Rex is trying to get out. Blocking Tebow out, totally, is a finger to Woody. That whole Jets thing is the most confusing NFL coaching/GM/ownership situations I've seen in a LONG time. It's just bazaar.

I haven't looked, but I'm positive the Raiders vs Chargers HAS to be the SNF. You'd think?

In all honesty, I actually liked the Allen hire by the Raiders. Wow am I dumb.

Dude, I hate Pryor cause he dismantled Oregon in the Rose Bowl in (2010? Him and fricking Dane Sanzenbacher or whatever his name were 1st down machines). No Tressel needed. That loss, honestly, smarts more than the National Championship loss, and I still respond to Cam Newton with an involuntary "damnit".

When NY fans would rather have James Dolan as owner, things are bad. I'd even be willing to give Rex Ryan a second chance, just because the Jets are this vortex of futility that can't be used to predict results on another team (sorta like the negative version of the Patriots).

I liked the Allen hire too. Derp. Not sure it's all him, Oakland is still a mess. Is firing Cable the single worst coaching fire in modern NFL history? I haven't done any legwork, but I can't imagine something topping that.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
You kidding me? I've been watching every game. Agree.

Best was Cincy icing a kicker with an illegal substition last night. Something tells me Tan-o-han will be the first to do that in the pros. What I love is how ESPN cleverly lines up the Bowls by skill level. Ohio v ULM was like watching the WNBA (again, sorry Kyle, I know you like WNBA too).

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Rex Ryan wants out. He is a survivalist, and he knows an impending cluster when he sees one.

Single worst firing? Gruden. I was stunned Al didn't die the very day he got beat by chuckie.

Pryor, with a coach who wasn't all fundamental and stuff, could be a great regular season guy who kills bad defenses. Pretty sure good defenses with good coaches can make him cry.

Latest posts