How do we make the Seahawks become "Canada's" NFL team??

Howie_16

Reaction score
Shock2k":xywi2980 said:
We just need a Canadian Recruitment drive. There are basically two countries in Canada, Quebec (i.e. Toronto) and the rest of Canada. We already own "the rest of" Canada's coolest City (Vancouver), so we just need to hard sweep Toronto Maple Leafs boards, tell them what a great team they are, then invite them to join Seahawks.Net. I would be willing to wager, within 48 hours, I could get 50 Toronto based Canadians to join Hawks Nation.

Is Vancouver really Canada's coolest city if you have to identify it in brackets? I love the city of Vancouver, just too many Canuck fans live there for my liking. ;)

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Best way to do that would be to play at least one "home" game per year in Canada. And I think we can all agree to a big HELL THE F--- NO to that.

Howie_16

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1y798j7s said:
Best way to do that would be to play at least one "home" game per year in Canada. And I think we can all agree to a big HELL THE F--- NO to that.

I am Canadian, and I would agree 100%. I enjoy travelling to Seattle for a game once a year, and watching the remainder of the season on television.

Torontohawkfan

Reaction score
My first post has a home....

Seahawks fan of 25 years living in Toronto. Needed to pick a team in high school to be my favourite (proper spelling...) and wanted to pick a team nobody else was a fan of. At the time and being a casual fan, the Seahawks were a perfect fit.

Gotta admit, this is the most excited I've ever been about the team. And was really surprised at the number of Seahawks fans at the game a couple of weeks back.

As both a fan of the Seahawks and the Leafs, it's been a long grind. That said, there's something special going on with this team this year....

Can't wait for Sunday and better yet, the weeks beyond.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Shock2k":31os952l said:
Sweet, our first confirmed Toronto Fan! Welcome to the Hawks board!
Dude, what are you talking about? TDot's been here for years...

And Howie... Everything about your posts makes my eyes hurt.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
My plan for getting Canada more involved in the NFL. (And it's great, which is why it won't happen):

1. Move Jacksonville Jaguars to Vancouver. (Florida doesn't deserve 3 NFL teams and J-ville in no way merits a franchise.)
2. Move Jags (now the Griz?) into NFC West.
3. Boot the useless Cardinals over to the AFC South.

This would be awesome on so many levels. Nearby rival for the Hawks and 49ers. Less travel for the Hawks. Another team in the Pacific time zone. International appeal. What's not to love?

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":8mka7iyb said:
TorontoHawk":8mka7iyb said:
SeaTown81":8mka7iyb said:
Canada is a big place.

The Seahawks are already Western Canada's team. There was a poll posted recently that showed this.

They will NEVER be Eastern Canada's team. Eastern Canada is closer to many different East coast teams. It's like telling Seattle hockey fans to root for the Toronto Maple Leafs when the Vancouver Canucks are so much closer.

Any person in there right mind would root for the Leafs over the Casucks.
TorontoHawk, did Big Frank Mahovlich ever retire?

Signed, anygivensunday (who was a huge Chicago Blackhawks fan during the days of The Original Six, when hockey was really hockey)

We need a player like Frank on the team these days, as the Leafs are awful at the moment.

Silverhammer

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":93pbrlr1 said:

Buffalo made that mistake to expand their fanbase, but that has backfired to an extent (they still make decent profit, but lose a home game in the process). Seahawks don't need to go crazy in expanding their fanbase, especially with the current future of this team. I absolutely love Vancouver, but the atmosphere of a game there will be awful in comparison.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Silverhammer":1ceadvu9 said:
Missing_Clink":1ceadvu9 said:

Buffalo made that mistake to expand their fanbase, but that has backfired to an extent (they still make decent profit, but lose a home game in the process). Seahawks don't need to go crazy in expanding their fanbase, especially with the current future of this team. I absolutely love Vancouver, but the atmosphere of a game there will be awful in comparison.

I loved that the Hawks played in my hometown, but it was nowhere the same as when I went to games in Seattle and was part of the 12th man, it was a thing I will never forget and hope to do again.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Ive been up in vancouver and a lot of the surrounding areas wearing my hawks jerseys and practically everybody says ,, go hawks eh
They are already hawks fans and oh so nice and laid back

WCstripes

Reaction score
As great as it would be to see the Hawks up here in Vancouver, there is now way in hell I want that Buffalo/Toronto crap to happen. I do wonder how much of a home croud the Hawks would get if that did happen? I would hazard a guess that at leasst 65% of the Stadium would be filled with Hawks fans maybe more depending on who they are playing.

SeahawkGeoff

Reaction score
As someone one from Vancouver I don't like what buffalo did. I believe the fanbase would show better but I don't want that. I want a real NFL experience. If you can't get off your lazy you know what, to drive 3 hours or so to watch a game in an amazing city and stadium then stay at home and watch them on TV nothing wrong with that. Props for the Canadian flag hanging from there rafters as well. Seattle is like a home away from home. great place.

VaporHawk

Reaction score
The Canadian fans should make the pilgrimage to the Clink. Come on down and let us show you a good time.

I've met fans from Canada and they are rabid.

Latest posts