Hawks gear and international shipping.

A London Hawk

Reaction score
No idea which is the right forum for this so mods, please move as appropriate.

I don't buy Hawks gear very often and the last time I did international shipping was prohibitively expensive. I ended up getting someone I knew in Kansas to ship it to me, something that isn't an option this time around.

Thus, does anyone now a decent place to get gear that will ship to the UK without charging the price of a jersey for the privilege?

Hawkspur

Reaction score
All of the Europe based outlets have a very, very limited range of Seahawks gear. Last time I bought stuff I got it from NFL.com when they had a free shipping offer. The shipping was free to the UK but I still had to pay a duty of about 30%. I now have a friend living in Baltimore who can send things on as a gift and hopefully avoid paying the duty as well!

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Hawkspur":1gex4kmk said:
All of the Europe based outlets have a very, very limited range of Seahawks gear. Last time I bought stuff I got it from NFL.com when they had a free shipping offer. The shipping was free to the UK but I still had to pay a duty of about 30%. I now have a friend living in Baltimore who can send things on as a gift and hopefully avoid paying the duty as well!

This. Got a friend in Seattle to send me over Wilson and Sherman jerseys a few months back, I bought them from the NFL shop, (managed to get 15% off with the coin rewards) and had it sent to their address for them to send on to me.

As Hawkspur says, the choice on the European stores are limited, however I'm guessing if you want to wait on til next season to save some cost then I'm betting they'll probably have Wilson's jersey, and possibly a couple of others.

OP
OP
A London Hawk

A London Hawk

Reaction score
Not looking for a jersey, frankly I'd feel like a tool wearing one over here :) I'll get one when I finally make it to Seattle for a game, in the meantime, it's tees and hoodies for me.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I can't wait to get my Christmas present from my son. He got me a women's large(I like large jerseys, I don't NEED them) Wilson jersey from the proshop. He says I won't get it till after the holidays....He sent it to his address instead of sending it to mine. So, there is another couple days of waiting. lol. No matter, I am just glad I will be able to represent DangeRuss during the playoffs.

Storts

Reaction score
I'm the same, so tempted to buy a Wilson jersey but the extortionate shipping is putting me off.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
A London Hawk":15u75c79 said:
Not looking for a jersey, frankly I'd feel like a tool wearing one over here :) I'll get one when I finally make it to Seattle for a game, in the meantime, it's tees and hoodies for me.

You're in London! People rock out far more 'risque numbers'. I just wear mine at the sports bar, but I also happened to pick up a couple of hoodies. If you do buy online, get at least a size smaller than what you're used to.

uncle fester

Reaction score
SomersetHawk speaks the truth! I always have a Hawks beanie hat to hand when out & about in London. There isn't a day when I don't see at least one other team being represented. Playoffs at the sports bar on Haymarket will be fun this time round.

As for shipping, yeah it's expensive, but the way I see it, you're only going to make one or two purchases so it's not like it's a monthly expense.

Atradees

Reaction score
Have you tried, Mods I am not selling, USPS international rate box? They charge a flate rate depending on box size.

cdallan

Reaction score
I have bought all of my stuff from Seattleteams.com. If you are a member of the UK branch of the Seahawkers, I believe they are one of the places that gives you a discount.

Postage is relatively expensive, but if you buy a bunch of stuff and Customs notice it, you can be hit up for customs duties as well, which is more than the postage. I had to pay GBP 25 the last time my stuff got caught.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Basically the NFL doesn't give a crap about us.

They want us to sell out Wembley for the next four years when the Jacksonville Jaguars come over, but they don't want us wearing any team gear when we get there. No way, Jose.

Look at the NFL UK shop... relaunched for the new season: http://europe.nflshop.com/stores/nfl/default.aspx

So we can buy a garden gnome wearing the old uni's, a mug or a Sidney Rice jersey. Wow, what an outstanding range.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Atradees":3mkkhc9g said:
Have you tried, Mods I am not selling, USPS international rate box? They charge a flate rate depending on box size.

NFL.com, Seahawks.com etc don't give you options for postage. And the postage they provide is scandalously expensive. I recently sent a pretty large 7.5kg box full of presents back to New Zealand for significantly less than it would have cost me to ship a jersey, 2 t-shirts and a cap (weighing about 600g) through the two websites I listed at the beginning of this post. And as English mentioned above, if you want to buy any NFL products you have to support the Giants, Cowboys, Steelers, Dolphins etc or get them through the US.

OP
OP
A London Hawk

A London Hawk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":3l4s10b7 said:
A London Hawk":3l4s10b7 said:

You're in London! People rock out far more 'risque numbers'. I just wear mine at the sports bar, but I also happened to pick up a couple of hoodies. If you do buy online, get at least a size smaller than what you're used to.

I was in London, or at least the limits of the M25, when I made this account. That's not the case any more. I did find fanatics.com which has a rather more reasonable $25 shipping rate.

As to the size thing, the fanatics.com size guide says I need a M. Are US tees and hoodies baggier than ours or should I go with the size guide?

mikeak

Reaction score
As a person living in Alaska I can sympathize with the shipping cost - outrageous. But you also get the VAT on top. Now I thought VAT only applied to orders over a certain amount. I think for some european countries the limit is like $150 - may be worth looking into

Some companies (not NFL shop...) allows you to get your own shipping label and then they ship the product. DId that a few times this xmas season up here and saved lots of money. May be worth looking into. Or a few of you britts could find a trustworthy person (good luck with that) order through that person and have them redistribute

taz291819

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":33unmq1x said:
I can't wait to get my Christmas present from my son. He got me a women's large(I like large jerseys, I don't NEED them) Wilson jersey from the proshop. He says I won't get it till after the holidays....He sent it to his address instead of sending it to mine. So, there is another couple days of waiting. lol. No matter, I am just glad I will be able to represent DangeRuss during the playoffs.

These Nike jerseys fit differently. I normally wear a medium jersey, though my folks bought me a large Wilson jersey for Christmas. Basically, it's fit like a medium (the shoulder area is a lot tighter than normal).

My opinion is to buy 1 size larger than what you use to.