Sherman "randomly" tested today

mikeak

Reaction score
I love how you guys are arguing about this for the sake of arguing. You are COMPLETELY missing the point.

Sherman's name was pulled in the random drug testing system MONTHS ago. The test he took was INVALIDATED YESTERDAY

THEREFORE SHERMAN IS STILL UP TO BAT, STILL NEEDS TO TAKE THE TEST, NEVER TOOK A PROPER TEST THIS YEAR

not sure what is so complicated with this

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
mikeak":1qrai088 said:
I love how you guys are arguing about this for the sake of arguing. You are COMPLETELY missing the point.

Sherman's name was pulled in the random drug testing system MONTHS ago. The test he took was INVALIDATED YESTERDAY

THEREFORE SHERMAN IS STILL UP TO BAT, STILL NEEDS TO TAKE THE TEST, NEVER TOOK A PROPER TEST THIS YEAR

This. The report is probably misleading us to believe it was "random" when actuality it is probably required due to the fact that his last test was mishandled (no pun intended).

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
mikeak":2gl3djpu said:

That would be fine. So why is it being stated as "random". Why isn't it being stated as a "make-up" test?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3o6v8ewh said:
If it is part of a work contract, random pee tests are not an infringement of your rights. My husband gets randomly tested all the time at his job. He signed the agreement and he doesn't touch any non prescribed medications. Pretty simple really. He would be livid if a false positive came up though.
I got randomly tested in the workplace, and mine came back dirty, Trust me, I'm no druggie.
They didn't even bother to test me over again, even tho they had every right to, only because having known me for over 15 years my employer told them that someone had obviously made a mistake.
I wasn't just po'd about their misreading, I was pissed that there was an obvious flaw in their system.
The Sherman gig though only shows that they want to make it clear, that they still don't believe him, and that they are now going to harrass him for showing them up, just because they legally can
Those drug tests can and sometimes ARE flawed, and I would testify to that under oath.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
mikeak":os2x29rt said:

And I said earlier in a post, if that's the case, I completely understand. But as of RIGHT NOW, it seems like its the league trying to get back at Sherman.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
AF_Hawk":u6xvrqr5 said:
How did this all of a sudden become a pissing contest?
Because it's what I do, and what I'm good at :th2thumbs:

chris98251

Reaction score
There was nothing stated anywhere about a re test, I still think Roger wanted a quick test to see if they could shut him down, I'll also bet the results are processed faster then normal. I know you can get them done in 24 hours based on my own expereience.

mikeak

Reaction score
scutterhawk":93fl29a6 said:
Seahwkgal":93fl29a6 said:
If it is part of a work contract, random pee tests are not an infringement of your rights. My husband gets randomly tested all the time at his job. He signed the agreement and he doesn't touch any non prescribed medications. Pretty simple really. He would be livid if a false positive came up though.
I got randomly tested in the workplace, and mine came back dirty, Trust me, I'm no druggie.
They didn't even bother to test me over again, even tho they had every right to, only because having known me for over 15 years my employer told them that someone had obviously made a mistake.
I wasn't just po'd about their misreading, I was pissed that there was an obvious flaw in their system.
The Sherman gig though only shows that they want to make it clear, that they still don't believe him, and that they are now going to harrass him for showing them up, just because they legally can
Those drug tests can and sometimes ARE flawed, and I would testify to that under oath.

Great by your employeer

Have the NFL players done ANYTHING to show that they deserve to be trusted more than a piss test? Not in my mind and nor has any other athlete.
If this was an MLB player would you take his word over a test?....

Don't get me wrong - based on handling of the case Sherman's original test was properly thrown out. But I also think that clearly comes with at least one re-test and a heightened level of checking

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I wonder if the NFL requires drug testing for the drug testers?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Sherman is clean. Even if he wasn't when he took the first test, he had to assume that another one would be coming shortly with all of the issues surrounding him. in fact I was under the impression that once a positive test occurred that the league could take following tests at will.

In any case, the first test was invalid, so they had the right to complete a valid test on the initial random one.

Starrman44

Reaction score
It makes sense if one was nullified that he would be required to take another one.

Personally, as I said, I think Sherman is clean, so I am not worried.