So what time slot to people think we get?

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Slow holiday season day at work so lots of time on my hands to think ahead to the playoffs. Sorry, I just can't see any way Arizona beats the Niners so I am assuming we end up in the 5 seed. Also going to assume that Green Bay wins and everyone holds serve in the AFC so first round matchups are:

NFC
Seattle at Washington / Dallas
Minnesota/ Chicago / Giants at Niners

AFC
Bengals at Patriots
Colts at Ravens

The way I understand it, NBC gets first dibs of the 4 games for their Saturday prime time spot. Then they get the left over game for the early Sat spot spot. When I look at those matchups, I think if the Cowboys win, NBC will pick our game for sure. Cowobys and the new found star power of Russell Wilson in prime time is a given. Even if Washington wins they may want the RG3 / Wilson matchup (I know I would). The only way I see NBC choosing the other NFC game over us is if it's the Giants who get the 6 seed so they get the NY market and the NY / San Fran matchup.

Would NBC actually take one of those AFC matchups over the Hawks game? Would the Pats or Andrew Luck be a bigger draw?

I think the most likely scenario for us is the Saturday prime time spot. 2nd most likely spot is the late game on Sunday (a game in Baltimore or NE would be the early one). I really can't see a scenario where we are in that early slot on Saturday. If NBC takes an AFC game, I think Fox would much rather grab our game than the Niners game.

JonRud

Reaction score
I agree we will play Saturday night in prime time.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3a00sy80 said:
We'll get the early Saturday game. Isn't it the way it always turns out for us in the playoffs?

We had the Saturday primetime game against Dallas in 2006. Otherwise we've had the earlier Saturday game in the first round against Washington in 2007 and New Orleans in 2010, but that's an afternoon start in both cases. Anything but the Sunday morning game please.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":32290fsd said:
We'll get the early Saturday game. Isn't it the way it always turns out for us in the playoffs?

That happened the last two times: Wild Card game against the Saints in 2010 and Wild Card game against the Redskins in 2007. We got the late Saturday game against the Cowboys in 2006.

I think we'll probably get the late Saturday game this year since we'll probably be playing in Texas or DC, and both of those games would have a lot of marquee value.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not sure how we can know if it's gonna' be saturday or sunday. I sure would like to know. Looks like we won't know until Sunday night after that game. Hawks at Washington would almost certainly be Saturday night, Wilson/RG3 etc.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I hope it's not an early game. My biggest fear would be an early start with Mike Carry officiating. If that happens I will be convinced the NFL wants us out of the playoffs. If that does happen and unfortunately I wouldn't be surprised, I hope like hell the local media brings to light Mike Carries statistical comparisons vs our opponents since 2005. 2005 being when we embarrassed his friend and previous coworker Bagdad Bob/Mike Piera.

I don't want to have to win another game the way we won in Chicago. No NFL team should have the odds stacked that highly against them.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Giants/Niners or Giants/Packers would be huge bucks for the network.
If Seattle puts up another 50 pt game, NBC will shy away from us with the night game.

I'm predicting a Sunday game.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I think we will get the 2nd seed and a bye. That's my prediction.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Us playing against the Redskins puts 2 rookie QBs in the spotlight, making that a good primetime game.

Us playing against the Cowboys is a ratings bonanza, with how popular the Cowboys are and especially since the Romo fumble game against us.

Either way, we have a good shot at a top slot.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
If it's Russell Wilson vs. RG3 we will be the primetime game and get huge ratings.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
Here's a little blurb I found on the subject of projecting time slots.
http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2012/12/2 ... -playoffs/
The last several years, NBC has shown both Saturday matchups. It will be the same this year. They alternate every year on who gets the 4 PM start and the 8 PM start. Last year, the AFC game was the earlier game and the NFC game was in primetime. The year prior it was the opposite.
If we are the #5 seed, I see us playing on NBC the early game.

Both CBS and FOX do the same on the Sunday slots. They both will show their respective conference games on Sunday January 6th this year. CBS will have the 1 PM AFC game while FOX will air the 4 PM NFC matchup. Last year, FOX has the 1 PM NFC contest while CBS had the 4 PM AFC game. They’ve alternated games on this date since NBC had the contract to air both games on Saturday.
So...even if we ARE on Sunday...I don't see us getting the early game...

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
TheHawkster":1sruvqkr said:
Giants/Niners or Giants/Packers would be huge bucks for the network.
If Seattle puts up another 50 pt game, NBC will shy away from us with the night game.

I'm predicting a Sunday game.

Giants/Packers is a mathematically impossible first round matchup since the Giants can only get in if the Packers win this weekend and the Packers clinch a bye with a win.

Giants/Niners could happen, but it does require five results to all go off exactly to plan.

Odds are pretty good that we'll be on Saturday night.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
I wrote a bunch of spew in another thread "Washington or Dallas" and I'll just quote it here (removed one line at the start). Long story short I think it's likely we get the afternoon Sunday game on FOX. -- Bocci

The league has absolutely had a team that had a game Sunday night play on Saturday in the playoffs, so don't make any assumptions there. (In fact, it happened at 4:30 PM ET, January 8, 2011, when we played the Saints at home, on a Saturday, after playing the Rams in a flex game Sunday night to determine who won the West.)

Also, it's very typical for there to be a late afternoon and a night game Saturday, and a morning and an afternoon game Sunday i.e. there's a reasonable chance that we don't have to play at 10 AM.

Take a look at this story from 2012 (i.e. last year) all times Eastern:

Cincinnati Bengals (9-7) at Houston Texans (10-6) Saturday, 4:30 p.m., Reliant Stadium, NBC (WRC-4)
Detroit Lions (10-6) at New Orleans Saints (13-3) Saturday, 8 p.m., Superdome, NBC (WRC-4)
Atlanta Falcons (10-6) at New York Giants (9-7) Sunday, 1 p.m., MetLife Stadium, FOX (WTTG-5)
Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4) at Denver Broncos (8-8) Sunday, 4:30 p.m., Mile High Stadium, CBS (WUSA-9)

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012 ... ton-texans

Basically there isn't a terrible amount of consistency but three of these four games occurred at times that are NOT 10 AM Pacific.

Some people are talking about "early" and "late" games Saturday and Sunday as if each of the early games are at 10 AM Pacific. They aren't, or more accurately, only one of them is.

Now, all that said, it is pretty typical for the NFC to have one early game and one late game, and it's also true that they won't start a game at 10 AM local time. If SF has the 3 seed in the NFC, they could play Saturday in either time slot, or Sunday late, but not Sunday morning. If the powers that be put SF in the Saturday night slot, we'd probably end up playing Sunday morning.

Another data point. My understanding is that CBS and FOX each pick one game they want (AFC and NFC respectively), and that NBC gets the other two. CBS and FOX televise on Sunday, and NBC televises on Saturday. That's the way it worked last year. Ah, here we go:

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2013-nf ... -schedule/

says we have NBC, NBC on Saturday, and the networks swap for Sunday i.e. last year was FOX then CBS, this year is CBS then FOX.

I could go all over the place depending on if SF or GB make it as the 3 seed, and who is in as the four seed. If it's Washington, I would be pretty sure that FOX wants that game, and so that's the "late" Sunday game (actually Sunday afternoon). If it's Dallas, well, hell, I'd suspect FOX would want that game too. Hmmm. Seems to me that an earlier poster is probably right... if we end up the five seed, we'll probably play on FOX on Sunday afternoon.

The Radish

Reaction score
Hope you're all wrong about the FOX game as we over here are still not getting Fox via Dish Network. I've only seen 1 game on game day the last month.

BTW for those that think Northwest Broadcasting is a small Northwest company causing this they are owned by a midwestern conglomerate that is worth billions!

Other channels allow the channels to be shown while negotiation is going on but not them they cancel everyone affected right off.

:les:

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
The Radish":3k0rfnp3 said:
Hope you're all wrong about the FOX game as we over here are still not getting Fox via Dish Network. I've only seen 1 game on game day the last month.

BTW for those that think Northwest Broadcasting is a small Northwest company causing this they are owned by a midwestern conglomerate that is worth billions!

Other channels allow the channels to be shown while negotiation is going on but not them they cancel everyone affected right off.

How does Dish not have Fox?

The Radish

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":1t6280cm said:
The Radish":1t6280cm said:

How does Dish not have Fox?

Northwest Broadcasting the Fox franchisee wants more money from Dish to let them show their channel. They have offered the same money Direct TV is now paying them but they want more.

This is the same outfit that was blocking Fox who carried the Super Bowl last winter and Direct TV gave in the week before the game.