Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Sherman
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:10 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:10 pm
Posts: 54
Quote:
It's not simply just a piss. It's the fact it seems like Goodell is targeting certain players. I'm sure Sherman's perfectly fine with taking another test. It doesn't change the fact that these things are supposed to be random. Goodell feels like he was made to look a fool (he does that on his own), so now he's trying to get him back, so to speak.



Hey I'm all about freedom and personal liberty and I understand that angle. I don't think it applies in this case. If Sherman doesn't want to take the test he's free to renege on his contract, walk away from his paychecks, and get another job.

I've made this argument before but think about the kids man. If some get away with it, eventually most will get away with it to keep up, and eventually the pressure will mount on kids to keep up, most of whom will never see an NFL paycheck. THEY are the real reason why PEDs must be banned. If Sherman is clean, and if he's thinking about the kids, he should be more than happy to volunteer to be tested daily. Like I said, what the big deal? A minor inconvenience for what most of us would consider to be a pretty good gig.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:11 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:10 pm
Posts: 54
ClumsyLurk wrote:
makkapakka wrote:
JSeahawks wrote:
We should be thankful. No way he's dumb enough to be on anything right now.

In fact, i couldnt think of a better time for the NFL to test him. Stop being pissed and thank the NFL.



So your point is it's awesome that he is tested now because it increases his chances of getting away with cheating later. Yeah dude, right on.

Well to be fair, you don't really care because it's just pee anyways; regardless of the implications. NVM; I fail at making points. I'll leave my initial response as a dunce cap.



Read this twice but I don't get it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:13 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:10 pm
Posts: 54
BTW let me state that I truly presume Sherman is innocent. I'm just objecting to the freak out over him being tested again.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:13 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:08 pm
Posts: 1627
makkapakka wrote:
Quote:
It's not simply just a piss. It's the fact it seems like Goodell is targeting certain players. I'm sure Sherman's perfectly fine with taking another test. It doesn't change the fact that these things are supposed to be random. Goodell feels like he was made to look a fool (he does that on his own), so now he's trying to get him back, so to speak.



Hey I'm all about freedom and personal liberty and I understand that angle. I don't think it applies in this case. If Sherman doesn't want to take the test he's free to renege on his contract, walk away from his paychecks, and get another job.

I've made this argument before but think about the kids man. If some get away with it, eventually most will get away with it to keep up, and eventually the pressure will mount on kids to keep up, most of whom will never see an NFL paycheck. THEY are the real reason why PEDs must be banned. If Sherman is clean, and if he's thinking about the kids, he should be more than happy to volunteer to be tested daily. Like I said, what the big deal? A minor inconvenience for what most of us would consider to be a pretty good gig.


He didn't say anything about Sherman having the personal liberty to take PEDS, not sure where you are getting that. However, IF Sherms test is a failure, nothing wrong with retesting.

_________________
|~=[==~||~==]=~|
||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:14 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:10 pm
Posts: 54
GeekHawk wrote:
makkapakka wrote:
Starrman44 wrote:
I don't believe that Sherman takes PED's. If he does, I hope he gets caught. I have no problem with them testing him any time.


IMO one of the few voices of reason on this issue.


I don't believe you rob banks. If you do, I hope you get caught. I have no problem with the police randonly searching your home without a warrant, any time.


Hey these guys signed a contract. They don't have to ever sign if they'd rather make a living doing something else.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:15 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:08 pm
Posts: 1627
makkapakka wrote:


Read this twice but I don't get it.

Yeah, I (LEGALLY) ate some pot brownies - sometimes I don't make any sense at all. EDIT: Well I suppose the FEDS would have a problem with that D:

_________________
|~=[==~||~==]=~|
||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:22 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:10 pm
Posts: 54
ClumsyLurk wrote:
makkapakka wrote:
Quote:
It's not simply just a piss. It's the fact it seems like Goodell is targeting certain players. I'm sure Sherman's perfectly fine with taking another test. It doesn't change the fact that these things are supposed to be random. Goodell feels like he was made to look a fool (he does that on his own), so now he's trying to get him back, so to speak.



Hey I'm all about freedom and personal liberty and I understand that angle. I don't think it applies in this case. If Sherman doesn't want to take the test he's free to renege on his contract, walk away from his paychecks, and get another job.

I've made this argument before but think about the kids man. If some get away with it, eventually most will get away with it to keep up, and eventually the pressure will mount on kids to keep up, most of whom will never see an NFL paycheck. THEY are the real reason why PEDs must be banned. If Sherman is clean, and if he's thinking about the kids, he should be more than happy to volunteer to be tested daily. Like I said, what the big deal? A minor inconvenience for what most of us would consider to be a pretty good gig.


He didn't say anything about Sherman having the personal liberty to take PEDS, not sure where you are getting that. However, IF Sherms test is a failure, nothing wrong with retesting.


Again, not sure where you're coming from Clumsy. I don't think anyone in this thread has been talking about the liberty to take PEDs. We're discussing whether it's an infringement of personal liberty to have to submit to the pee test.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:23 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:08 pm
Posts: 1627
makkapakka wrote:

Again, not sure where you're coming from Clumsy. I don't think anyone in this thread has been talking about the liberty to take PEDs. We're discussing whether it's an infringement of personal liberty to have to submit to the pee test.

Woah - who insinuated it wasn't?

_________________
|~=[==~||~==]=~|
||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:29 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:44 am
Posts: 2524
Location: Naples, FL
Have to love the moral police preaching upon their high horse.

_________________
Wolf grey all day every day.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:35 pm 
* NET X's & O's Guru *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
Posts: 8620
Location: PNW
makkapakka wrote:
Again, not sure where you're coming from Clumsy. I don't think anyone in this thread has been talking about the liberty to take PEDs. We're discussing whether it's an infringement of personal liberty to have to submit to the pee test.


I think you're the only one that thinks that is what this is about.

it's about Goodell being stupidly transparent and trying to prove a point to the league by having Sherman tested the day his appeal was granted. This thread is basically a big eye-roll in Goodell's direction.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:37 pm 
* NET Hottie *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:27 pm
Posts: 2128
If it is part of a work contract, random pee tests are not an infringement of your rights. My husband gets randomly tested all the time at his job. He signed the agreement and he doesn't touch any non prescribed medications. Pretty simple really. He would be livid if a false positive came up though.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:39 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6427
makkapakka wrote:
GeekHawk wrote:
makkapakka wrote:
[quote="Starrman44"]I don't believe that Sherman takes PED's. If he does, I hope he gets caught. I have no problem with them testing him any time.


IMO one of the few voices of reason on this issue.


I don't believe you rob banks. If you do, I hope you get caught. I have no problem with the police randonly searching your home without a warrant, any time.


Hey these guys signed a contract. They don't have to ever sign if they'd rather make a living doing something else.[/quote]



Once again, I'm not talking about having to take a simple piss test. My anger stems from the blatant targeting of certain players. No ones saying they shouldn't ever have to piss test. The timing is just pretty suspicious and definitely NOT random. If the league came out and said they have to test Sherman because his last test was invalid, then fine. That makes sense. But as of right now, it just looks like Goodell's got his feelings hurt and he's going to keep trying to get his man.

Imagine if someone messed up your piss test at a job that you adamantly claimed you're clean and should've passed. You go through all this trouble of fighting the system and standing up for yourself, and when they lose, they come at you again. And if you pass, what if they ask for another one. I mean its just pee, right. Why not have them take it every day to be sure.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:48 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6427
AbsolutNET wrote:
makkapakka wrote:
Again, not sure where you're coming from Clumsy. I don't think anyone in this thread has been talking about the liberty to take PEDs. We're discussing whether it's an infringement of personal liberty to have to submit to the pee test.


I think you're the only one that thinks that is what this is about.

it's about Goodell being stupidly transparent and trying to prove a point to the league by having Sherman tested the day his appeal was granted. This thread is basically a big eye-roll in Goodell's direction.


This is what I was trying to get it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:50 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:21 pm
Posts: 1343
if sherm test negative again its really gonna be bad for roger.

lol if brandon browner came out like "you know what, i am high, IM HIGH!!!" like dave chappelle. double jeapordy

_________________
We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
Greatest defense in NFL history.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:52 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:10 pm
Posts: 54
Quote:
Once again, I'm not talking about having to take a simple piss test. My anger stems from the blatant targeting of certain players. No ones saying they shouldn't ever have to piss test. The timing is just pretty suspicious and definitely NOT random. If the league came out and said they have to test Sherman because his last test was invalid, then fine. That makes sense. But as of right now, it just looks like Goodell's got his feelings hurt and he's going to keep trying to get his man.

Imagine if someone messed up your piss test at a job that you adamantly claimed you're clean and should've passed. You go through all this trouble of fighting the system and standing up for yourself, and when they lose, they come at you again. And if you pass, what if they ask for another one. I mean its just pee, right. Why not have them take it every day to be sure.



Re your scenario, if I was clean I'd love to be retested. Random or targeted, no biggie, all the better to exonerate myself at the expense of a very minor inconvenience. In fact I'd be asking for it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:56 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6427
makkapakka wrote:
Quote:
Once again, I'm not talking about having to take a simple piss test. My anger stems from the blatant targeting of certain players. No ones saying they shouldn't ever have to piss test. The timing is just pretty suspicious and definitely NOT random. If the league came out and said they have to test Sherman because his last test was invalid, then fine. That makes sense. But as of right now, it just looks like Goodell's got his feelings hurt and he's going to keep trying to get his man.

Imagine if someone messed up your piss test at a job that you adamantly claimed you're clean and should've passed. You go through all this trouble of fighting the system and standing up for yourself, and when they lose, they come at you again. And if you pass, what if they ask for another one. I mean its just pee, right. Why not have them take it every day to be sure.



Re your scenario, if I was clean I'd love to be retested. Random or targeted, no biggie, all the better to exonerate myself at the expense of a very minor inconvenience. In fact I'd be asking for it.


Well you be safe up there then.

Image


Last edited by -The Glove- on Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:57 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:10 pm
Posts: 54
VHawk wrote:
Have to love the moral police preaching upon their high horse.


Great example of attacking the poster.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:59 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:56 am
Posts: 402
> Directly ordered from Goddell
> Random


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:01 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 9230
Location: Renton Wa.
It's not the test, it's the insult and having to continually defend yourself and look over your shoulder. I wold be livid if I got hiot with a positive and knew it was wrong, if I managed to get the facts out and clear the results only on that same day have them tell me were testing you again drop your pants I would be pissy but do it, if they came back with anotther test a week later I would be pretty pissed off and know it was not random with as many employees as they have.

_________________
Image

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:44 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:22 pm
Posts: 2506
Location: South of Heaven
I dont do drugs or PED's, UA's are an intrusion. They are disgusting. My 2 cents.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:08 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:05 am
Posts: 1054
Seahwkgal wrote:
If it is part of a work contract, random pee tests are not an infringement of your rights. My husband gets randomly tested all the time at his job. He signed the agreement and he doesn't touch any non prescribed medications. Pretty simple really. He would be livid if a false positive came up though.


The problem is that it's hard to believe this was a random test given that it was administered the very day that Sherman won his appeal.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:23 am 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
Posts: 10254
Location: Vancouver, WA
Shadowhawk wrote:
Seahwkgal wrote:
If it is part of a work contract, random pee tests are not an infringement of your rights. My husband gets randomly tested all the time at his job. He signed the agreement and he doesn't touch any non prescribed medications. Pretty simple really. He would be livid if a false positive came up though.


The problem is that it's hard to believe this was a random test given that it was administered the very day that Sherman won his appeal.

Exactly. No matter what ol' Rog says or doesn't say, it's simply too coincidental to be purely random in my opinion. I see it as a pathetically childish attempt to 'get back' at Richard for what Rog and his cronies feel is him 'beating' the system when in reality it was a failure of the system that was the reason for his exoneration.

In other words.....


This whole situation speaks absolute volumes to me as to who Roger Goodell is as a person and a "leader". God what a pathetic, childish, small minded little beeeeotch he apparently is.

_________________
From the white sands
To the canyon lands
To the redwood stands
To the barren lands

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:46 am 
* 17Power Blogger *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am
Posts: 11210
I wonder what Sherman was thinking as he underwent the test.

"Man, this piss has to be the most talked-about piss in the history of mankind. Millions of people are thinking about this right now."

_________________
GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:59 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm
Posts: 1432
hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
madbohem wrote:
Goodell has to go.

He is ruining football. His whole thing against the Saints was horrid. And its obvious he was the kid that always took "his" ball home crying when he couldn't win.

This ^^^....

HAWKFaninBAMA wrote:
"Randomly"..... Another prime example of the classlessness of the Goddell regime. I wonder if the results will matter since the league obviously broke protocol AGAIN by the lack of randomness in this "random" selection.....#NOTACOINCIDENCE

and this^^^.



Goodell is an absolute petulant child and a piece of crap as a comissioner. The obvious attempt at payback by testing Sherm today is pathetic. U mad bro?


Lol at people thinking this is Goodell's doing

_________________
SUPERBOWL!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:01 am 
* NET Philistine *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 14122
Location: Portland, OR
Well, if Sherman is going to pursue his anti-defamation suit, he can now tack harassment onto the charges.

_________________
Super Bowl Champions XVLIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:04 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm
Posts: 1432
-The Glove- wrote:
makkapakka wrote:


Couldn't disagree with both of you more. If he's clean he should be begging them to test him. It's just a pee, what's the big deal?

It's not simply just a piss. It's the fact it seems like Goodell is targeting certain players. I'm sure Sherman's perfectly fine with taking another test. It doesn't change the fact that these things are supposed to be random. Goodell feels like he was made to look a fool (he does that on his own), so now he's trying to get him back, so to speak.


You actually think the commissioner comes up with the list of who gets tested? Get real.

Some of you should stop wearing tin foil helmets :34853_tinfoil:

_________________
SUPERBOWL!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:07 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6427
Hawkfan77 wrote:
-The Glove- wrote:
makkapakka wrote:


Couldn't disagree with both of you more. If he's clean he should be begging them to test him. It's just a pee, what's the big deal?

It's not simply just a piss. It's the fact it seems like Goodell is targeting certain players. I'm sure Sherman's perfectly fine with taking another test. It doesn't change the fact that these things are supposed to be random. Goodell feels like he was made to look a fool (he does that on his own), so now he's trying to get him back, so to speak.


You actually think the commissioner comes up with the list of who gets tested? Get real.

Some of you should stop wearing tin foil helmets :34853_tinfoil:


Tin foil hats? Gtfoh. He might not have a hand in all the other piss tests, but this has his name all over it. Sherman's name just randomly popped up on the day he won his appeal. Yeah, right!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:13 am 
* NET Hottie *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:27 pm
Posts: 2128
I do think it's rather coincidental that 3 of our DBs got tested after we spanked the cowturds, after Jerry Jones cried to the commish about our DBs. This is why I can never root for Dallas. I think the commish is in JJ's pocket. It stinks of too much of a coincidence. Just look at how much press the Cowturds get when they win just one game. It's disgusting. Big market team gets spanked by a small market team. Think about it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:14 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:26 am
Posts: 1522
Of course Goodell hates Sherman. Goodell hates people that can think to themselves, he wants zombies playing for him. Sherm talks too much, he exposed the NFL when talking about how the league rules are set up to allow the league to whatever they want for whatever reason they want, and then for him to threaten to sue the league. Goodell is as afraid of Sherman as he is a hard hit, Sherm is one of the few guys that can wake up all the sheep Goodell has herded to think celebrations are a bad thing, that getting fined for saluting the troops is ok, or that defenseless receivers actually exist.

_________________
----


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:15 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:18 pm
Posts: 2065
Location: Marysville, WA
How did this all of a sudden become a pissing contest?

_________________
Image Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:19 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 3080
Location: Anchorage, AK
I love how you guys are arguing about this for the sake of arguing. You are COMPLETELY missing the point.

Sherman's name was pulled in the random drug testing system MONTHS ago. The test he took was INVALIDATED YESTERDAY

THEREFORE SHERMAN IS STILL UP TO BAT, STILL NEEDS TO TAKE THE TEST, NEVER TOOK A PROPER TEST THIS YEAR

not sure what is so complicated with this


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:21 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:18 pm
Posts: 2065
Location: Marysville, WA
mikeak wrote:
I love how you guys are arguing about this for the sake of arguing. You are COMPLETELY missing the point.

Sherman's name was pulled in the random drug testing system MONTHS ago. The test he took was INVALIDATED YESTERDAY

THEREFORE SHERMAN IS STILL UP TO BAT, STILL NEEDS TO TAKE THE TEST, NEVER TOOK A PROPER TEST THIS YEAR

not sure what is so complicated with this


This. The report is probably misleading us to believe it was "random" when actuality it is probably required due to the fact that his last test was mishandled (no pun intended).

_________________
Image Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:31 am 
* NET Hottie *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:27 pm
Posts: 2128
mikeak wrote:
I love how you guys are arguing about this for the sake of arguing. You are COMPLETELY missing the point.

Sherman's name was pulled in the random drug testing system MONTHS ago. The test he took was INVALIDATED YESTERDAY

THEREFORE SHERMAN IS STILL UP TO BAT, STILL NEEDS TO TAKE THE TEST, NEVER TOOK A PROPER TEST THIS YEAR

not sure what is so complicated with this

That would be fine. So why is it being stated as "random". Why isn't it being stated as a "make-up" test?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:33 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 3080
Location: Anchorage, AK
Technically still the random test just being done now.......


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:34 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm
Posts: 3186
Seahwkgal wrote:
If it is part of a work contract, random pee tests are not an infringement of your rights. My husband gets randomly tested all the time at his job. He signed the agreement and he doesn't touch any non prescribed medications. Pretty simple really. He would be livid if a false positive came up though.

I got randomly tested in the workplace, and mine came back dirty, Trust me, I'm no druggie.
They didn't even bother to test me over again, even tho they had every right to, only because having known me for over 15 years my employer told them that someone had obviously made a mistake.
I wasn't just po'd about their misreading, I was pissed that there was an obvious flaw in their system.
The Sherman gig though only shows that they want to make it clear, that they still don't believe him, and that they are now going to harrass him for showing them up, just because they legally can
Those drug tests can and sometimes ARE flawed, and I would testify to that under oath.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:38 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6427
mikeak wrote:
I love how you guys are arguing about this for the sake of arguing. You are COMPLETELY missing the point.

Sherman's name was pulled in the random drug testing system MONTHS ago. The test he took was INVALIDATED YESTERDAY

THEREFORE SHERMAN IS STILL UP TO BAT, STILL NEEDS TO TAKE THE TEST, NEVER TOOK A PROPER TEST THIS YEAR

not sure what is so complicated with this

And I said earlier in a post, if that's the case, I completely understand. But as of RIGHT NOW, it seems like its the league trying to get back at Sherman.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:51 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm
Posts: 3186
AF_Hawk wrote:
How did this all of a sudden become a pissing contest?

Because it's what I do, and what I'm good at :th2thumbs:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:52 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 9230
Location: Renton Wa.
There was nothing stated anywhere about a re test, I still think Roger wanted a quick test to see if they could shut him down, I'll also bet the results are processed faster then normal. I know you can get them done in 24 hours based on my own expereience.

_________________
Image

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:06 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 3080
Location: Anchorage, AK
scutterhawk wrote:
Seahwkgal wrote:
If it is part of a work contract, random pee tests are not an infringement of your rights. My husband gets randomly tested all the time at his job. He signed the agreement and he doesn't touch any non prescribed medications. Pretty simple really. He would be livid if a false positive came up though.

I got randomly tested in the workplace, and mine came back dirty, Trust me, I'm no druggie.
They didn't even bother to test me over again, even tho they had every right to, only because having known me for over 15 years my employer told them that someone had obviously made a mistake.
I wasn't just po'd about their misreading, I was pissed that there was an obvious flaw in their system.
The Sherman gig though only shows that they want to make it clear, that they still don't believe him, and that they are now going to harrass him for showing them up, just because they legally can
Those drug tests can and sometimes ARE flawed, and I would testify to that under oath.


Great by your employeer

Have the NFL players done ANYTHING to show that they deserve to be trusted more than a piss test? Not in my mind and nor has any other athlete.
If this was an MLB player would you take his word over a test?....

Don't get me wrong - based on handling of the case Sherman's original test was properly thrown out. But I also think that clearly comes with at least one re-test and a heightened level of checking


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:13 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10063
I wonder if the NFL requires drug testing for the drug testers?

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:26 pm 
I'M JIMMY!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
Posts: 4349
Location: Auburn, WA
Sherman is clean. Even if he wasn't when he took the first test, he had to assume that another one would be coming shortly with all of the issues surrounding him. in fact I was under the impression that once a positive test occurred that the league could take following tests at will.

In any case, the first test was invalid, so they had the right to complete a valid test on the initial random one.

_________________
Image


Last edited by loafoftatupu on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:37 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:35 pm
Posts: 812
Location: Canby, OR
It makes sense if one was nullified that he would be required to take another one.

Personally, as I said, I think Sherman is clean, so I am not worried.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.