Washington or Dallas?

Throwdown

Reaction score
We're gonna beat either one, so I really have no issue with either soft ass team.

IowaSeahawk

Reaction score
Not to get too far ahead of ourselves, and assuming we are the 5th seed; I definitely see us playing on Sunday. Mainly b/c WAS/DAL is the late game on Sunday, so that rules out Saturday right there. I do think they'll put possibly the Cincy/Baltimore vs. Indy game (AFC 4 vs 5) as the early game either on Sat/Sun, and if it is Sunday, then I think we get the late game on Sunday. IF NE is the 3rd seed, then I see them getting the late game Saturday, which means the Niners would get the early game on Saturday.

Again, probably way ahead of myself...long complicated story short, I see us as the late game Sunday as long as NE is third seed in AFC

Greenhell

Reaction score
My brother is a big Dallas fan and I've watched their games quite a bit when the Hawks weren't on. Tony Romo might bet semi-hot right now but the guy is gambler and makes stupid throws costing his team and their WRs run terrible routes. It's almost like their winging it out there. No one really seems to know what one another is doing out there. Poorly disciplined o-line that has lots false starts and holding calls. And their home field advantage is a joke. Everyone gets a turn kicking butt on the Cowboys in Texas Stadium.

On top of that, Ware is hurt with a shoulder injury and its not gonna get better if we play them. Terrible safeties always out of position giving up the big play. LBs all hurt.

They are a terribly wounded defense. With Beastmode and Russ as our foundation, I feel we slap them up good in front of their crowd and my brother leaves my house pissed off.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned our nice hot streak against the Redskins in playoff games the last decade.

We beat them during our Super Bowl season to get to the NFC Championship game. We beat them again during the 2007 season in the Wild Card round.

Of course, both of those were at (then) Qwest Field whereas this one would be at FedEx.

I think the Cowboys would be a better match-up for us...

BocciHawk

Reaction score
I don't agree with any of the scheduling discussions that are going on.

The league has absolutely had a team that had a game Sunday night play on Saturday in the playoffs, so don't make any assumptions there. (In fact, it happened at 4:30 PM ET, January 8, 2011, when we played the Saints at home, on a Saturday, after playing the Rams in a flex game Sunday night to determine who won the West.)

Also, it's very typical for there to be a late afternoon and a night game Saturday, and a morning and an afternoon game Sunday i.e. there's a reasonable chance that we don't have to play at 10 AM.

Take a look at this story from 2012 (i.e. last year) all times Eastern:

Cincinnati Bengals (9-7) at Houston Texans (10-6) Saturday, 4:30 p.m., Reliant Stadium, NBC (WRC-4)
Detroit Lions (10-6) at New Orleans Saints (13-3) Saturday, 8 p.m., Superdome, NBC (WRC-4)
Atlanta Falcons (10-6) at New York Giants (9-7) Sunday, 1 p.m., MetLife Stadium, FOX (WTTG-5)
Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4) at Denver Broncos (8-8) Sunday, 4:30 p.m., Mile High Stadium, CBS (WUSA-9)

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012 ... ton-texans

Basically there isn't a terrible amount of consistency but three of these four games occurred at times that are NOT 10 AM Pacific.

Some people are talking about "early" and "late" games Saturday and Sunday as if each of the early games are at 10 AM Pacific. They aren't, or more accurately, only one of them is.

Now, all that said, it is pretty typical for the NFC to have one early game and one late game, and it's also true that they won't start a game at 10 AM local time. If SF has the 3 seed in the NFC, they could play Saturday in either time slot, or Sunday late, but not Sunday morning. If the powers that be put SF in the Saturday night slot, we'd probably end up playing Sunday morning.

Another data point. My understanding is that CBS and FOX each pick one game they want (AFC and NFC respectively), and that NBC gets the other two. CBS and FOX televise on Sunday, and NBC televises on Saturday. That's the way it worked last year. Ah, here we go:

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2013-nf ... -schedule/

says we have NBC, NBC on Saturday, and the networks swap for Sunday i.e. last year was FOX then CBS, this year is CBS then FOX.

I could go all over the place depending on if SF or GB make it as the 3 seed, and who is in as the four seed. If it's Washington, I would be pretty sure that FOX wants that game, and so that's the "late" Sunday game (actually Sunday afternoon). If it's Dallas, well, hell, I'd suspect FOX would want that game too. Hmmm. Seems to me that an earlier poster is probably right... if we end up the five seed, we'll probably play on FOX on Sunday afternoon.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Oh, and I'd rather play Dallas. I like the dome and turf situation there. I think it will give our young team confidence to play them again.

GOSeahawks

Reaction score
I'll take Dallas, indoor stadium and we overpower the O and D lines. But, I think we can win against either!

IowaSeahawk

Reaction score
BocciHawk, if your post/research about FOX definitely having the late game on Sunday, I think that bodes well for us, pretty much guarantees not 10am game either day. That, I like! Regardless of whom we play or when we play, I think we win, and still hoping for a home game and/or bye!

godawg

Reaction score
I would like to see Dallas beat RGIII so that Wilson will have a better chance for ROY. I would also love to see us put a big hurt on the Cowboys who might be thinking more about self preservation than revenge.

garydrake425

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":x4cueg9e said:
We have Sherman for the playoffs. Bring 'em both on. B-Swag can spy RG3 and hold him up for Kam to teach him why he can't run like that.

I thought i was the only one calling B.Wagner B Swag. Guess not. Its one of my Favorite nicknames tho. Anyway OP. I think it doesn't matter to me cuz they both have there pros and cons. East coast vs West Coast, turf vs grass, dome vs elements, then u got the match ups. Lets just keep doing what we're doing and it shouldn't matter who we end up playing. We should glide right to the SB if we stay on the track we're on now. I heard someone say Pete said that we can do better. If that's true then I'm so ready to see this all go down. This is starting to look like it has the makings of a chance to be my favorite group of players minus 2 maybe 3 (Tru, Hill, ?) that the Seahawks have had before.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Did anyone giving their opinion on this thread actually watch Washington's last game? RG3 was not RG3. He wore a brace and couldn't run more than a 5.0 40 yard dash.

With that said, I think we would handle both teams. If RG3's running doesn't improve, if it does, and he is back to where he used to be then there is no question I'd rather play Dallas.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I'd rather play Washington. RG3 is hurt and looked far less explosive last week. Washington does not have nearly the receiving weapons that Dallas has, and their defense is not as good. Romo has been on fire on the other hand. I think Dallas is the better team right now

mikeak

Reaction score
Kelly.Orr":hk9ht1uq said:
BillHawks":hk9ht1uq said:
Kelly.Orr":hk9ht1uq said:
Washington. I think we can contain RGIII. Beside RGIII no one else scares me on that offense and their defense is far from being 100% with orakpo and carriker gone for the year and Deangelo Hall will takes chances and give up big plays every now and then. Dallas on the other hand has probably the second hottest receiver in the game right now in Dez Bryant along with Jason Witten, Miles Austin, Demarrco Murray. That is a lot of firepower some that will be extremely difficult to contend with even for our defense i just don't like the matchup. So i would prefer the Skins over playing the Boys for a second time. Our boys just gotta know that RGIII has elite speed out of there and need to compensate for their pursuit angles.

Morris is pretty good. I think RGIII + Morris could give us a tough time, especially the way the defense has played on the road sometimes.

I may underestimate Morris some. But he just doesn't have the eye popping explosiveness that scares me like Spiller, Peterson, Bush, and even Demarrco Murray have. That's the only reason why Dallas scares me more is they have explosive playmakers at every position on offense. You could say Santana Moss but he is well past his prime and i for one am not scare at all of Pierre Garcon.

Edit: Kind of funny actually. I had morris on my fantasy team all year lol. He was consistent but never really exploded often.

One word sums up Morris - Shanahan

Just be happy Shanahan doesn't coach Minnesota or AP would be going for 3,000 yards...

smashmouth59

Reaction score
I'll take the Skins. They have nobody that scares me, including a banged up RG3, though i wish he were full strength as that will be the excuse after we plaster them.

Romo and Bryant scare me a bit more, but we can handle them as well.

It doesn't matter who we get. They are are getting dropped.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
uncle fester":3li2507e said:
I'd rather play the Cowboys.

Indoor turf favours our pass rush.

Cowboys have not changed their plan, and Witten will still be terrified of Kam. Skins RB with RG3 is an unknown quantity - Peterson was (eventually) contained as Vikings passing game was abysmal.

And, frankly, the Cowboys don't scare me. Nor should they scare our D.

I agree rather play the boys, easier stadium, one less hour time zone away, etc...

but, anyone thinking that a 10 year veteran tight end with 799 receptions is "terrified" of any player in the league is sadly mistaken.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3mjvgz84 said:
I don't want anything to do with the Cowboys.

Redskins are a much better match up for us.
Agreed. We were all over Romo when we played them, and he was lazer beaming throws. Thankfully his guys couldn't catch that day.

uncle fester

Reaction score
DTexHawk":1avy7ijf said:
anyone thinking that a 10 year veteran tight end with 799 receptions is "terrified" of any player in the league is sadly mistaken.

Perhaps a harsh word to choose in retrospect, but Witten became less interested in adding to his career catches haul after the first big hit in Week 2. (Certainly more believeable than a TE of 700+ receptions suddenly forgetting how to catch?) It was one of the reasons, if not the main one, why their offense spluttered through the whole game.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
Probably more from recovering from an injury than from a hit, IMO.

http://seattletimes.com/html/sports/2019956845_apfbncowboyswitten.html

"Jason Witten had nearly as many drops as catches through three games this season, back when his side still hurt just about every time he moved because of a lacerated spleen.

The Dallas Cowboys tight end dismissed any suggestion that the injury had anything to do with an uncharacteristic case of stone hands. The seven-time Pro Bowler didn't really even want to say how long it took to feel normal again once he decided to play in the season opener just 23 days after getting hurt in a preseason game."

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...wboys-jason-witten-hopes-avoid-surgery-spleen

Witten has missed only one game in his career because of a fractured jaw as a rookie in 2003, and has played through a broken rib, knee and ankle injuries.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Just to be clear, we would play at Dallas or Redskins because they won their division, right? Even though we have the better record?