Hypothetical: Pete Retires. Who replaces him?

Who would you want to replace Pete if he were to retire?

• Tom Cable

Votes: 78 74.3%
  • Gus Bradley

Votes: 18 17.1%
  • Darrell Bevell

Votes: 9 8.6%

• Total voters

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
Carrols contract is through 2014.... in 2015 he is an unrestricted free agent.. giggle..

sc85sis

Reaction score
Yes, I misunderstood. I thought you were referring to Holt as he was the topic of your post to which I originally responded.

As to how I know that Bradley calls plays and not Pete, I read that here: http://seattletimes.com/html/thebrewery ... se_di.html.

"Carroll has mentioned before that Bradley has great freedom as his defensive coordinator. Bradley calls the plays. When asked for more insight into how they work together, Carroll said he still pays heavy attention to what Bradley is doing, but he trusts his guy."

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
sc85sis":h8l1wzbl said:
Yes, I misunderstood. I thought you were referring to Holt as he was the topic of your post to which I originally responded.

As to how I know that Bradley calls plays and not Pete, I read that here: http://seattletimes.com/html/thebrewery ... se_di.html.

"Carroll has mentioned before that Bradley has great freedom as his defensive coordinator. Bradley calls the plays. When asked for more insight into how they work together, Carroll said he still pays heavy attention to what Bradley is doing, but he trusts his guy."

Yes. I was comparing Holts roll to Bradley's roll here as just a dc in title but not actually the play caller.

I find it strange that Pete neither calls the plays on offense or defense. Seams to me he would be more hands on.

kearly

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3nqvzev7 said:
I didnt vote Gus because I think Gus very well may be Nick Holt.

Beat me to it. Bradley didn't show a lot in 2009 and didn't show a lot in 2010 either. The creative blitzing Seattle has shown under Carroll did not exist when Bradley was here in 2009. Bradley may call the plays under Carroll, but I suspect he's not the one who drew all of them up.

Pete Carroll has made more than a few assistant coaches look like geniuses. I don't know if I'd trust Bradley to be the DC without Carroll here, much less HC.

Cable was actually a really solid coach for Oakland that didn't deserve to be fired. He was building a very solid team up there in 2010- they went 6-0 in their division not to mention they kicked the everliving crap out of the Seahawks that year.

grizbob

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1o7brwvl said:
Jim Harbaugh

Jeez Dom, you'd think a guy that makes his living on a boat wouldn't be so quick to fire torpedoes :mrgreen:

warden

Reaction score
John Schneider can choose Pete's replacement when the time comes

vance_jetzt

Reaction score
tempRM3_9452--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

No brainer....

grizbob

Reaction score
sc85sis":2dx1t6iy said:
Tech Worlds":2dx1t6iy said:
vance_jetzt":2dx1t6iy said:
tempRM3_9452--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

No brainer....

Who? The fat guy in the gray?
If you're referring to the man in front of Breno, that's Pat Ruel the assistant O-line coach.

He's color blind and everybody over 225 lb looks fat to him :mrgreen: