05 or 12

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Wagner>Tatupu Wags is more athletic. Has better stats. He is on a def full of great players so he does not stand out as much as tatupu did. He was great in the carolina game but the superbowl he was lost. Well cause he had a severe concussion.

kearly

Reaction score
Next year we'll be asking, "which season was the best in team history? 2012 or 2013?"

kearly

Reaction score
Actually I take that back. 2013 will win in a landslide, making the question a silly one.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
I'll take this 2012 entire team over the entire '05 team right now hands down. Yeah, big Walt and Mack Strong would be no brainers but we do have Okung and MRob so that's not too shabby either. This entire defense is better and more physical. Our offense is more smashmouth and much more multi-diminsional/dynamic due to wilson and the read option. And now they can score on ANYBODY which rivals the '05 offense. I already have much more faith in Wilson than Hasselbeck in key situations.

But anywho, I'm not playing the game right so... carry on.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":22fpswzk said:
Tatupu > Wagner

Absolutely not.

Wagner is better than Tatupu. Look at the stats. He's also more athletic.

Also Rocky Bernard > Branch

Unger> Tobeck

Clemmons/ Red > Wistrom/ Fisher

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Shane Falco":3vrv9fw6 said:
I'll take this 2012 entire team over the entire '05 team right now hands down. Yeah, big Walt and Mack Strong would be no brainers but we do have Okung and MRob so that's not too shabby either. This entire defense is better and more physical. Our offense is more smashmouth and much more multi-diminsional/dynamic due to wilson and the read option. And now they can score on ANYBODY which rivals the '05 offense. I already have much more faith in Wilson than Hasselbeck in key situations.

I think you have a pretty good argument there.

Barthawk

Reaction score
Lynch over the NFL MVP.. that baffles my mind when the argument for 37s success was a great OL, but the majority of posts here would take 3/5 of the current line over the 05 line..

SA was a stud from 01-05.. Lynch has been great but nothing near SA in 05..

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Well if criteria could be based on more than just production, I'd take Lynch in a heartbeat. Just my preference. SA was a touchdown machine and the numbers don't lie, amazing year he had in '05 and career overall despite the sad ending. But I like Lynch's style too much. I mean how many players in your lifetime have you seen give it their all for every inch they could get on every play of every game every season?

Hawks46

Reaction score
Overall, I'm liking this team going into the playoffs better than the 05 team, even though they had HFA. Now, I liked the 05 team all the way through the regular season better. Strange, huh ?

Here's the problem: you're running different offenses. So, in this offense, Wilson > Hasselbeck. But I'd take Hass in the 05 Holgmren offense. I'd take Lynch over Alexander right now, but 05 Alexander, behind that line, in Holmgren's offense ? Seriously, people have short memories. Alexander was an absolute beast inside red zone. He wouldn't be denied a TD. But I'd take Lynch, because he won't be denied a single yard, on the entire field. Now, would Lynch fit in that old system ? Would Alexander fit in the ZBS ? Dunno. But the 05 Alexander was better.

Rocky Bernard was better than any 3 tech we have, and would fit this scheme.
Trufant was at the top of his game in 05, but our current CB's fit our system better. But 05 Trufant in the slot with these CB's.....oh boy.
Both of our Safeties over the 05 ones, obviously.
05 Tatupu over the current Wagner. Even next year Wagner will probably surpass Tatupu in his prime, but in 05, Tatupu was assignment PERFECT. And he had a ton of impact plays, and was WAY better in coverage. I'd love to see 05 Lofa on this defense now. Wow. Also a more cerebral player.
Probably Locklear over Giacommini.
Big Walt and Hutch over our left side. Unger over Tobeck. RG is a wash, Gray was actually pretty good then.
STong gets the nod.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
HawkinNY":2v77aeec said:
Wagner>Tatupu Wags is more athletic. Has better stats. He is on a def full of great players so he does not stand out as much as tatupu did. He was great in the carolina game but the superbowl he was lost. Well cause he had a severe concussion.

I said this at the beginning of the year and people trashed me. :snack:

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Barthawk":3cldiqdy said:
Lynch over the NFL MVP.. that baffles my mind when the argument for 37s success was a great OL, but the majority of posts here would take 3/5 of the current line over the 05 line..

SA was a stud from 01-05.. Lynch has been great but nothing near SA in 05..

Even a member of the 05 OL said on radio they would take lynch over SA.

OP
OP
R

Renohawk

Reaction score
Thanks for everyones input, but were missing some keys spots. And I"m new and don't know how to update.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
In three games and 150 point output, Wilson has completed 26 pass's. That's not a knock on Wilson but it does give a glimpse of how good this TEAM really is. There is no question in my mind that this team as a whole absolutely dominates comparatively to 05. It's a little harder to make an individual comparison like Wilson vs Hasselbeck. Was there ever a single game where Matt wasn't required to be a big part of our success for us to win? Let alone 3 blow outs in a row where he only completed 26 pass's? That's a whopping 8.6 completions per game for 150 points. Again not a slam on Wilson but it does show an example of how good each team was.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I'll take 2012 every time. The 2005 team was old and about to hit the cliff. Hutch's departure was just a drop in the pond. Hass, Shaun, Walt, Tobeck, Gray, and Engram were already approaching the end of their prime. The defense had a lot of young hope (Trufant, Rocky, Lofa, Hill, Tubbs), but still relied on a lot of older or mid-career guys (Wistrom, Fisher, Herndon, Darby). A great rebuilding loomed.

2012? This team is young, young, young, yet already playing at a Pro Bowl level and seemingly needing only a couple more pieces to become a yearly Super Bowl contender. The future's bright.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
RichNhansom":um5s3wqz said:
In three games and 150 point output, Wilson has completed 26 pass's. That's not a knock on Wilson but it does give a glimpse of how good this TEAM really is. There is no question in my mind that this team as a whole absolutely dominates comparatively to 05. It's a little harder to make an individual comparison like Wilson vs Hasselbeck. Was there ever a single game where Matt wasn't required to be a big part of our success for us to win? Let alone 3 blow outs in a row where he only completed 26 pass's? That's a whopping 8.6 completions per game for 150 points. Again not a slam on Wilson but it does show an example of how good each team was.

Not to be all anal about it but it's 36 completions by my count. Still astonishing and the point remains the same.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Your right Shane, bad math on my part but the point still stands just makes it 12 completions per game. I'm pretty impressed with this entire team and what it is capable of but 150 points on 36 completions is something I never would think is possible. That is a team shellacking right there.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Here's an interesting take on this argument:

dave boling ‏@DaveBoling
Leroy Hill, when comparing 2012 #Seahawks to 2005 Super Bowl team: "This team might even beat that team now." http://tinyurl.com/amtmjys

From that article:

Hill and Trufant both see the confidence level of the 2012 team approaching that of the ’05 team.

“I sense it,” Trufant said. “Confidence in the team and confidence in the guy next to you. We’re playing really good football now, all the way around – offense, defense and special teams. Everything is really coming together at the right time.”

Arguably, this club might have even more momentum going into today’s final game against St. Louis before entering the playoffs.

“That year, we were hot all year,” Hill said. “But this team has gotten hot of late, and I mean very hot. It feels like the way we’re playing now was how we were playing in the ’05 playoffs leading up to the Super Bowl.”

And the stats between the two teams are eerily similar, from rankings to individual players.

endzorn

Reaction score
jlwaters1":2366ywdk said:
MidwestHawker":2366ywdk said:
Tatupu > Wagner

Absolutely not.

Wagner is better than Tatupu. Look at the stats. He's also more athletic.

Also Rocky Bernard > Branch

Unger> Tobeck

Clemmons/ Red > Wistrom/ Fisher
If you measure Tatupu vs Wagner with stats then you obviously had no clue what Tatupu's value was. He was the Russell Wilson of that defense as a leader. Tatupu as a rookie was flat out better than Wagner...period.