An interesting Power Ranking Average.

Shock2k

Reaction score
I like this: Though I don't understand their math yet.
Observations:
●The Seattle Seahawks can't seem to get any respect. All but two objective rankings have them as 2nd or better. Not a single subjective site had them higher than 5th.
●12 of the top 17 teams are in the NFC. That's 70.5%.
●Colts only beat the Chiefs by one touchdown? Better drop their ranking. (Not that I disagree)
●Would you actually believe that statistically-speaking, the Chargers are a better team than the Colts?

Lazyfingers

Reaction score
That seems to be the most accurate depiction of what is really going on in the NFL. Good mix of subjective (eyeball test) and non-subjective data. I've been telling my friends for weeks that I think it will be a Denver/Seattle Super Bowl (NE wouldn't surprise me).

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
That is pretty cool. Hard to think we are underrated by subjective sites when ranked fifth.

Lazyfingers

Reaction score
Also, it is amazing how dominant Seattle is when analyzing stats and data. Imagine how it would look if the game plan was opened up a little earlier.

Shock2k

Reaction score
If you look at Adjusted DVOA from football outsiders this team is ranked 6th of all time entering Week 17. I don't think we as fans know how historic this team could be.

I'm going with Seahawks/Patriots in the Superbowl. And if we get there by winning three road games, I say we definately win.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
Rams on that list are higher than viks and dallas.. we will win but it isn't going to be an easy game... .....although I might be.. /cackle

Shock2k

Reaction score
Ya after that 49rs game I have to suspend reality. I feel like they have something to play for so are going to go all out like they usually do. Here is to a Matt Flynn second half.

Erebus

Reaction score
Thank for that link. It introduced me to a couple advanced statistic sites I had never heard of.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
the chargers are a good team, they always are. Bad coaching and/or lack of desire by the players holds them back. Phillip Rivers is a mathematician and a brilliant player but I don't think he nor norv turner have the competitive fire required to lead teams.

edit: If Darrel Bevell leaves can we PLEAAAASEEEEE pick of Norv Turner. I wouldn't mind to have an offensive genius running the Russell Wilson show

olyfan63

Reaction score
The NFL has us at #5 in the NFC, never mind the whole league, based on a 16 game schedule with 15 complete. We have lost to the Tards, Phins, Lions, and Lambs, all non-playoff teams. (The road loss to SF is understandable). We are under .500 in our own division, the NFC West. We recently padded our stats against a reeling Tards team and an inconsistent Bills team. The home win over SF was legit. However, absent a miracle by the Tards at SF this Sunday, we will have be the road team for every playoff game. On the road, the defense gave the game away late against the Lions and the Phins. Our D got torched by rookie Ryan F-ing-Tannehill. Brady torched our D. Rogers torched our D. Matthew Stafford torched our D. Kevin Kolb torched our D. Without the loud presence of the 12th Man, and without the surface and conditions this team was built for, our D will not be so dominant. We'll need the football gods, and the refs, to smile on us during the playoffs. I say #5 in the NFL is a generous power rating given the circumstances. Calling us #2 or #3 in the whole NFL is just ridiculous, without any home field playoff games.

Shock2k

Reaction score
But I would say this, fine weapons are forged, pounded with hammer against anvil. That's what one of the toughest schedules in the NFL and the #1 defensive division in the league has forged. This team is scary. This team learns its lessons, and nothing was a bigger lesson than those losses.

Steve2222

Reaction score
olyfan63":3eujgkn9 said:
The NFL has us at #5 in the NFC, never mind the whole league, based on a 16 game schedule with 15 complete. We have lost to the Tards, Phins, Lions, and Lambs, all non-playoff teams. (The road loss to SF is understandable). We are under .500 in our own division, the NFC West. We recently padded our stats against a reeling Tards team and an inconsistent Bills team. The home win over SF was legit. However, absent a miracle by the Tards at SF this Sunday, we will have be the road team for every playoff game. On the road, the defense gave the game away late against the Lions and the Phins. Our D got torched by rookie Ryan F-ing-Tannehill. Brady torched our D. Rogers torched our D. Matthew Stafford torched our D. Kevin Kolb torched our D. Without the loud presence of the 12th Man, and without the surface and conditions this team was built for, our D will not be so dominant. We'll need the football gods, and the refs, to smile on us during the playoffs. I say #5 in the NFL is a generous power rating given the circumstances. Calling us #2 or #3 in the whole NFL is just ridiculous, without any home field playoff games.
Tom Brady had a modest game to his standards against our D. I mean damn you're going to put up numbers when you throw the ball 60 times. And lol Aaron Rodgers most certainly didn't torch our D.

I like how you mentioned all the terrible teams we lost to but failed to mention all the good teams we beat. A win is a win regardless of home or away. Stop discrediting our home wins.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
olyfan63":1kit1af6 said:
TORCH?... TORCH?... really, TORCH???

No way...not imo.

And you are certainly dismissing our recent prowess on offense.

This team WILL win on the road in the playoffs.

Of that I am certain.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
This team is not the same team since Chicago. I don't even look at those early games anymore. It's like two seperate seasons in my mind. I'm confident in what this team has become. They're legit.

The defense doesn't have to carry the team every week anymore. They can have a let down and we can still win with our offense. And if both sides of the ball bring their A-game, unbeatable.