OFFICIAL FAIL MARY RENAMING THREAD

Seeker

Reaction score
Guys, we are probably gonna win it all this year, and if we do you KNOW they are gonna show that highlight. Both the Holy Roller and Immaculate Reception were wrong calls that shouldn't have been scores. but you know what those teams had?

MARKETING

what should WE call OUR play? that thing is gonna be in the history books some day, shouldn't have it be something better than a "they cheated" undertone. maybe something that seemed divine?

all just for fun guys but i'd be interested to here what you think

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I heard one the other day I liked.

The Inaccurate Reception.

Or we can go with: The InterReception

The Replacement Theft

The Golden Left Hand

BobinLaConner

Reaction score
I have to say that I re-watched that play again today from the multitude of the available angles... I don't really care what other self appointed armchair replay officials call it, but I'm convinced Tate has his hands on the ball and has equal possession (tie goes to the offense). So coining terms like Fail Mary is just someone else attempting to disguise their butthurt-ness about the Pack losing to the Seahawks (I think that is a word). I'm officially tired of apologizing for winning and waiting for someone else with clouded judgment to see what I see. I say it was Golden Tate out hustling his opponent and say way to go Golden!

By the way, just to paint the picture of how ridiculous these folks are (I'm sure there are decent Packer fans out there too)... I bet a bottle of spirits on the game with a friend who happens to be a packer fan. He was ribbing me saying are you sure you want to bet? I even texted him right after the game and said "man, sorry for you to lose like that but what a crazy game" I thought he was a good friend, but his response.... nothing, He has not talked to me since or paid his bet. I am still shaking my head at this one, but at least I bet on my team.

But if I must give it another name how about "The Golden Reception" Go Hawks!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
bobincovington":2n4ryjey said:
I have to say that I re-watched that play again today from the multitude of the available angles... I don't really care what other self appointed armchair replay officials call it, but I'm convinced Tate has his hands on the ball and has equal possession (tie goes to the offense). So coining terms like Fail Mary is just someone else attempting to disguise their butthurt-ness about the Pack losing to the Seahawks (I think that is a word). I'm officially tired of apologizing for winning and waiting for someone else with clouded judgment to see what I see. I say it was Golden Tate out hustling his opponent and say way to go Golden!

By the way, just to paint the picture of how ridiculous these folks are (I'm sure there are decent Packer fans out there too)... I bet a bottle of spirits on the game with a friend who happens to be a packer fan. He was ribbing me saying are you sure you want to bet? I even texted him right after the game and said "man, sorry for you to lose like that but what a crazy game" I thought he was a good friend, but his response.... nothing, He has not talked to me since or paid his bet. I am still shaking my head at this one, but at least I bet on my team.

But if I must give it another name how about "The Golden Reception" Go Hawks!
Yup. Left hand on ball. Doesn't matter who has "more control", two hands or whatever. If you needed two hands to have possession, then someone better correct that David Tyree helmet catch.

And your friend is a sad, crybaby punk with no integrity.

JKent82

Reaction score
ivotuk":3v7qw957 said:
"Wail Mary" for all the crying about it by Packers, Pundits and Peckerheads. :snack:

Perfect. Perfect. Perfect.

HawkWow

Reaction score
ivotuk":224hpoct said:
"Wail Mary" for all the crying about it by Packers, Pundits and Peckerheads. :snack:

Awesome.

It could also be referred to as "the gods of football finally giving the Hawks some love" catch.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":hfvrft2n said:
Spoken too soon Roland.
FlyingGreg":hfvrft2n said:
How about.... "By The Letter Of The Law In The NFL Rulebook It Was A #@$!*&^ Catch"

Dats your winner right there.

Hell no. I saw that before I posted; it's good, but Wail Mary is absolutely hysterical.