Sherman "randomly" tested today

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
If it is part of a work contract, random pee tests are not an infringement of your rights. My husband gets randomly tested all the time at his job. He signed the agreement and he doesn't touch any non prescribed medications. Pretty simple really. He would be livid if a false positive came up though.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
makkapakka":20qbfxpg said:
GeekHawk":20qbfxpg said:
makkapakka":20qbfxpg said:
Starrman44 said:
I don't believe that Sherman takes PED's. If he does, I hope he gets caught. I have no problem with them testing him any time.

IMO one of the few voices of reason on this issue.

I don't believe you rob banks. If you do, I hope you get caught. I have no problem with the police randonly searching your home without a warrant, any time.

Hey these guys signed a contract. They don't have to ever sign if they'd rather make a living doing something else.

Once again, I'm not talking about having to take a simple piss test. My anger stems from the blatant targeting of certain players. No ones saying they shouldn't ever have to piss test. The timing is just pretty suspicious and definitely NOT random. If the league came out and said they have to test Sherman because his last test was invalid, then fine. That makes sense. But as of right now, it just looks like Goodell's got his feelings hurt and he's going to keep trying to get his man.

Imagine if someone messed up your piss test at a job that you adamantly claimed you're clean and should've passed. You go through all this trouble of fighting the system and standing up for yourself, and when they lose, they come at you again. And if you pass, what if they ask for another one. I mean its just pee, right. Why not have them take it every day to be sure.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":139jmzqv said:
makkapakka":139jmzqv said:
Again, not sure where you're coming from Clumsy. I don't think anyone in this thread has been talking about the liberty to take PEDs. We're discussing whether it's an infringement of personal liberty to have to submit to the pee test.

I think you're the only one that thinks that is what this is about.

it's about Goodell being stupidly transparent and trying to prove a point to the league by having Sherman tested the day his appeal was granted. This thread is basically a big eye-roll in Goodell's direction.

This is what I was trying to get it.

Seeker

Reaction score
if sherm test negative again its really gonna be bad for roger.

lol if brandon browner came out like "you know what, i am high, IM HIGH!!!" like dave chappelle. double jeapordy

makkapakka

Reaction score
Once again, I'm not talking about having to take a simple piss test. My anger stems from the blatant targeting of certain players. No ones saying they shouldn't ever have to piss test. The timing is just pretty suspicious and definitely NOT random. If the league came out and said they have to test Sherman because his last test was invalid, then fine. That makes sense. But as of right now, it just looks like Goodell's got his feelings hurt and he's going to keep trying to get his man.

Imagine if someone messed up your piss test at a job that you adamantly claimed you're clean and should've passed. You go through all this trouble of fighting the system and standing up for yourself, and when they lose, they come at you again. And if you pass, what if they ask for another one. I mean its just pee, right. Why not have them take it every day to be sure.

Re your scenario, if I was clean I'd love to be retested. Random or targeted, no biggie, all the better to exonerate myself at the expense of a very minor inconvenience. In fact I'd be asking for it.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
makkapakka":12cdzl6v said:

Re your scenario, if I was clean I'd love to be retested. Random or targeted, no biggie, all the better to exonerate myself at the expense of a very minor inconvenience. In fact I'd be asking for it.

Well you be safe up there then.

Facepalm_91db97_3989988.png

chris98251

Reaction score
It's not the test, it's the insult and having to continually defend yourself and look over your shoulder. I wold be livid if I got hiot with a positive and knew it was wrong, if I managed to get the facts out and clear the results only on that same day have them tell me were testing you again drop your pants I would be pissy but do it, if they came back with anotther test a week later I would be pretty pissed off and know it was not random with as many employees as they have.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":38ckpnl1 said:
If it is part of a work contract, random pee tests are not an infringement of your rights. My husband gets randomly tested all the time at his job. He signed the agreement and he doesn't touch any non prescribed medications. Pretty simple really. He would be livid if a false positive came up though.

The problem is that it's hard to believe this was a random test given that it was administered the very day that Sherman won his appeal.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":38iiojee said:
Seahwkgal":38iiojee said:

The problem is that it's hard to believe this was a random test given that it was administered the very day that Sherman won his appeal.
Exactly. No matter what ol' Rog says or doesn't say, it's simply too coincidental to be purely random in my opinion. I see it as a pathetically childish attempt to 'get back' at Richard for what Rog and his cronies feel is him 'beating' the system when in reality it was a failure of the system that was the reason for his exoneration.

In other words.....
[youtube]Jm3zV1pCTQ8[/youtube]

This whole situation speaks absolute volumes to me as to who Roger Goodell is as a person and a "leader". God what a pathetic, childish, small minded little beeeeotch he apparently is.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I wonder what Sherman was thinking as he underwent the test.

"Man, this piss has to be the most talked-about piss in the history of mankind. Millions of people are thinking about this right now."

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":15rgzfbr said:
madbohem":15rgzfbr said:
Goodell has to go.

He is ruining football. His whole thing against the Saints was horrid. And its obvious he was the kid that always took "his" ball home crying when he couldn't win.
This ^^^....

HAWKFaninBAMA":15rgzfbr said:
"Randomly"..... Another prime example of the classlessness of the Goddell regime. I wonder if the results will matter since the league obviously broke protocol AGAIN by the lack of randomness in this "random" selection.....#NOTACOINCIDENCE
and this^^^.

Goodell is an absolute petulant child and a piece of crap as a comissioner. The obvious attempt at payback by testing Sherm today is pathetic. U mad bro?

Lol at people thinking this is Goodell's doing

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Well, if Sherman is going to pursue his anti-defamation suit, he can now tack harassment onto the charges.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1725yapc said:
makkapakka":1725yapc said:
Couldn't disagree with both of you more. If he's clean he should be begging them to test him. It's just a pee, what's the big deal?
It's not simply just a piss. It's the fact it seems like Goodell is targeting certain players. I'm sure Sherman's perfectly fine with taking another test. It doesn't change the fact that these things are supposed to be random. Goodell feels like he was made to look a fool (he does that on his own), so now he's trying to get him back, so to speak.

You actually think the commissioner comes up with the list of who gets tested? Get real.

Some of you should stop wearing tin foil helmets :34853_tinfoil:

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1d71sapt said:
-The Glove-":1d71sapt said:
makkapakka":1d71sapt said:
Couldn't disagree with both of you more. If he's clean he should be begging them to test him. It's just a pee, what's the big deal?
It's not simply just a piss. It's the fact it seems like Goodell is targeting certain players. I'm sure Sherman's perfectly fine with taking another test. It doesn't change the fact that these things are supposed to be random. Goodell feels like he was made to look a fool (he does that on his own), so now he's trying to get him back, so to speak.

You actually think the commissioner comes up with the list of who gets tested? Get real.

Some of you should stop wearing tin foil helmets :34853_tinfoil:

Tin foil hats? Gtfoh. He might not have a hand in all the other piss tests, but this has his name all over it. Sherman's name just randomly popped up on the day he won his appeal. Yeah, right!

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I do think it's rather coincidental that 3 of our DBs got tested after we spanked the cowturds, after Jerry Jones cried to the commish about our DBs. This is why I can never root for Dallas. I think the commish is in JJ's pocket. It stinks of too much of a coincidence. Just look at how much press the Cowturds get when they win just one game. It's disgusting. Big market team gets spanked by a small market team. Think about it.

ensett

Reaction score
Of course Goodell hates Sherman. Goodell hates people that can think to themselves, he wants zombies playing for him. Sherm talks too much, he exposed the NFL when talking about how the league rules are set up to allow the league to whatever they want for whatever reason they want, and then for him to threaten to sue the league. Goodell is as afraid of Sherman as he is a hard hit, Sherm is one of the few guys that can wake up all the sheep Goodell has herded to think celebrations are a bad thing, that getting fined for saluting the troops is ok, or that defenseless receivers actually exist.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
How did this all of a sudden become a pissing contest?