Reaction score
Navyhawkfan187":931qta5j said:
65095_404847136260106_1828901098_n.png

got it from this...

So awesome!

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":adbon8gg said:
I don't think any fines have been announced yet, due to the holiday. I expect them to start coming out today. We shall see. As much as we think it wasn't a foul, I am pretty sure he'll get fined.

After ET getting fined, it would not surprise me if he was suspended for the playoffs. Amazing the ridiculous rules these days.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
falcongoggles":qkizygmf said:
Jazzhawk":qkizygmf said:
I don't think any fines have been announced yet, due to the holiday. I expect them to start coming out today. We shall see. As much as we think it wasn't a foul, I am pretty sure he'll get fined.

After ET getting fined, it would not surprise me if he was suspended for the playoffs. Amazing the ridiculous rules these days.
Naw...no valid reason for a suspension.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2tkscgbl said:
Considering ET got 15K for touching Tannehill, I'm guessing this one's going to come down in the 20K+ range.
Vernon Davis is a man, I don't think they view that the same

Osprey

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1tdposwt said:
Considering ET got 15K for touching Tannehill, I'm guessing this one's going to come down in the 20K+ range.

As unintentional as it was with Earl, it was contact to Tannehill's head and that rule is black and white.

I believe Kam's hit was legit, but there's enough wiggle room in the rule to allow the decision to be shaded by the current hyper sensitive 'safety' angle.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
sc85sis":2put3gb8 said:
According to this article, Mike Pereira tweeted that it was a clean hit, but the flags were thrown basically because the role book says to call a penalty if in doubt.
http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/sportsli ... ing-feels/
Perhaps calls like this should be challengeable if the rule book says to throw a flag when in doubt.
Not sure if worth it in the long run though considering the amount of time already wasted reviewing plays, but had we lost by 6 or less, I'd be thinking otherwise.

ivotuk

Reaction score
No consistency in the rules or the fines...smh

"Carolina Panthers defensive end Greg Hardy was fined $25,000 for roughing the passer for hitting Oakland quarterback Carson Palmer in the back with his helmet. Palmer left the game after the hit and was later diagnosed with a bruised lung and cracked ribs."

25k for that kind of injury?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...newton-fined-by-nfl-for-second-time-this-week

Escamillo

Reaction score
tomahawk":k6sey7d4 said:
Navyhawkfan187":k6sey7d4 said:
tomahawk":k6sey7d4 said:
I don't think the issue is helmet to helmet as it is a hit on a "defenseless" receiver. I don't agree with it but he'll probably get fined based off of history and reputation. How a 6'4" 250# man is defenseless is beyond me.

The "defenseless receiver" still has to be a blow to the head.....you're allowed to hit a WR still but you just can't go high on them...I'd start aiming for dudes abdomen if I was Kamtrak....start knocking the vomit out of guys...drop a shoulder pad right into their stomach...

I don't think it has to be to the head.

"The relevant portion of the rule is:

“It is a foul if a player initiates unnecessary contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture.
(a) Players in a defenseless posture are: [. . .]
(2) A receiver attempting to catch a pass; or who has completed a catch and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a runner. If the receiver/runner is capable of avoiding or warding off the impending contact of an opponent, he is no longer a defenseless player;
[. . .]
(b) Prohibited contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture is:
(1) Forcibly hitting the defenseless player’s head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenseless player by encircling or grasping him; and
(2) Lowering the head and making forcible contact with the top/crown or forehead/”hairline” parts of the helmet against any part of the defenseless player’s body.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... yer-rules/

They probably called it because he just caught the ball and had not come down all the way yet before Kam hit him. BS rule but there it is.

"Unnecessary contact" is the pivitol point here. Kam's hit was necessary in order to prevent a pass completion. It wasn't unnecessary at all.