We Will be in Every Game From Now Until RW Retires.

Sac

Reaction score

I don't know if we've ever had a quarterback that we could say this about. The kid studies film on Christmas for crying out loud. Something RW has said and had been repeated on Brock and Salk since then, "The Separation is in the Preparation"

This kids preparation is already legendary from his days at Wisconsin and now in his first year in the pros. It's Peyton Manning level preparation.

It's a weird feeling, but the notion of this Seahawks team having a "letdown game" is slipping further and further from my mind. I'm not saying we'll win every game, obviously, but as long as Russell Wilson is the quarterback in the great northwest we'll always have a chance. It's a glorious feeling.

This kid just keeps getting better every day in every way and he makes everyone around him better as well.

This really is something special.

"Go Hawks"

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The Radish":13dk7s01 said:
How about the 11th game of the 2019 season?

I clearly see a let down there.

:les:

Not as big of a letdown as after we clinch the division by week 9 of the 2021 season. Why didn't we prepare for Christ's sake, that's nine years away? FIXXX YER TEAM CARROLL!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Russell Wilson is a Once In A Lifetime player, there is no doubt.

We are blessed to have him.

rastahawk

Reaction score
This is absolutely why I am so stoked about Russell Wilson. The Colts and Pats with Manning and Brady had great seasons every year. The best time to be a fan of those teams was during those two guys' tenure. Sure they didn't win SB's every year but what they brought were winning seasons and division titles every year. As a fan that is just the absolute best. To have hope every year is huge. Having your team assured a winning season and be in the mix in the playoffs just because your qb exudes greatness and demands others follow suit. I will be over the moon if RW brings in the wins like Manning and Brady did. It will be all over awesome for all our fans.

mikeak

Reaction score
It is a team effort. Since he is at the facilities so much that he must not be able to pay enough attention to his wife I volunteer to help out with that portion.

Everyone should be willing to sacrifice.............:)

OP
OP
Sac

Sac

Reaction score
mikeak":3rg3ejda said:
It is a team effort. Since he is at the facilities so much that he must not be able to pay enough attention to his wife I volunteer to help out with that portion.

Everyone should be willing to sacrifice.............:)

Ahhh, one of the few women on earth that can unhinge her jaws to accommodate Wilsons large...hands...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Tech Worlds":16oj6vzg said:
He is obsessed. It is kinda weird.

Dom's just jealous. I had a crush on Wilson from Day 1. It took Dom several months to have a crush on him.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Aros":e5t19c1v said:
Tech Worlds":e5t19c1v said:

Dom's just jealous. I had a crush on Wilson from Day 1. It took Dom several months to have a crush on him.

Yes but don't you have a thing for little boys?

(just kidding! Just kidding!)

kearly

Reaction score
The weird thing about Wilson is the air of certainty he instills in people who observe him. Bret Bielema not only felt certain that Wilson would be a great NFL QB, but he even openly said that he thought Wilson might be president some day. After getting more familiar with Wilson from studying him last winter, I came away with the same impression with the same eery sense of certainty. How long was John Gruden with Russell Wilson? A day? And I've never seen Gruden so glowing and so eager to defend a QB before Wilson. Seriously, you would have thought Wilson was Gruden's own son the way Gruden stuck up for him on draft day.

I became convinced before the draft that Wilson would be the next Tom Brady draft story, and I was actually in a pretty sour mood on day 2 because I was convinced Seattle would wait too long and miss out on him. When that Marine guy announced Wilson's name at #75, I honestly did not expect it. I've just been conditioned to feel that awesome things never happen to Seattle based sports fans. So hearing that pick was pretty amazing.

Veilside

Reaction score
kearly":1td6z1i3 said:
The weird thing about Wilson is the air of certainty he instills in people who observe him. Bret Bielema not only felt certain that Wilson would be a great NFL QB, but he even openly said that he thought Wilson might be president some day. After getting more familiar with Wilson from studying him last winter, I came away with the same impression with the same eery sense of certainty. How long was John Gruden with Russell Wilson? A day? And I've never seen Gruden so glowing and so eager to defend a QB before Wilson. Seriously, you would have thought Wilson was Gruden's own son the way Gruden stuck up for him on draft day.

I became convinced before the draft that Wilson would be the next Tom Brady draft story, and I was actually in a pretty sour mood on day 2 because I was convinced Seattle would wait too long and miss out on him. When that Marine guy announced Wilson's name at #75, I honestly did not expect it. I've just been conditioned to feel that awesome things never happen to Seattle based sports fans. So hearing that pick was pretty amazing.

I was just waiting to hear Lamar Miller's or Chris Polk's name called, and hoping Wilson would still be there for us in the 4th. I was absolutely ecstatic when I heard Russell Wilson's name called. I felt right then that he had a good shot at becoming the starter, but was unsure as to whether it would be more beneficial for him to sit for a year behind Flynn. I feel stupid for having even that little amount of doubt.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Yeah, I watched all that Gruden stuff with Wilson, got me totally pumped up on Wilson. How could it not?

Slick

Reaction score
You ever catch yourself thinking that RW has some preset window for success? I do this all the time. Reality is he could be good for us all the way into the late 2020's!!!

cacksman

Reaction score
I was on the treadmill at WSU watching the draft when Wilson's name was called. I won't admit to being ecstatic like some others, but I was definitely intrigued. Definitely not disappointed. Turns out it was probably the best draft pick in the history of this franchise!

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I remember the first after-practice presser I saw Wilson do in the preseason. I played it for my lady, saying, "Check this guy out, you'd think he was a 7-year veteran. He's been in camp like a week."

We just watched his latest presser. Exactly the same. Even-keeled, affable, direct, knowledgable, completely in control. Through all the ups and downs of the season, going from 3rd round draft pick fighting for a starting spot to one of the highest statistically rated QBs in the league leading his team into the playoffs, he has not wavered in his approach or demeanor.

He really is amazing. And it's an amazing feeling to know we'll be rooting for a Russell-led Seahawks franchise for a long time. GO HAWKS!

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Aros":2x5bxcq7 said:
Tech Worlds":2x5bxcq7 said:

Glad to say I was one of the few Wilson supporters. Fought hard against the Flynn Supporters, PC is an idiot and needs to be fired guys, and you should ALWAYS sit rookie QB's for a Year guy. Feels good to have fought through those and come out on top. As an early supporter it was tough, but having battled hard in this forum for a few months it is VERY rewarding to have finally won out.

:th2thumbs:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
1 word. LEADER.

If Wilson was working the fry line at Mikky Deez, every worker in the joint would be trying to make the best damn fast food ever seen. Because he lives it. And if you put in a little effort yourself, he tells the whole world you are tremendous.