49ers assessing damage done by Hawks: Mario Manningham out

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
60niners":2e9r9xcf said:
So um, wow. This whole post might be off topic but didn't feel like starting a new thread to grovel at the feet of the enemy.

Sunday night was rough. Seattle played extremely well!! ... As I'm sure you all know lol.

That was one of the hardest losses to stomach in many moons. There's so many thoughts and questions I still have, but oddly enough I haven't lost faith or hope for the remainder of the season and playoffs.

I think the Seahawks had a tremendous game-plan and the 49ers were ill prepared and thoroughly out-coached. I also feel that the game was very flukey... Lots of things that don't usually go wrong went wrong; not including injuries. They looked flat and uninspired... they didn't have a chance in hell to match the fire and intensity that the Hawks had on the field.

Oh well, we'll rebound. I actually hope we meed again in the playoffs! It's not a show of arrogance, but I don't want a free ride to the SB. I do NOT feel that the Seahawks are 30 points better than the 49ers... no way in hell; but they definitely were on Sunday night.

Sorry dude, "flukey" is getting knocked out with one punch. What happened to the niners on the field last Sunday was a prolonged beatdown. There was nothing "flukey" about it.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
60niners":w35ux0ho said:
So um, wow. This whole post might be off topic but didn't feel like starting a new thread to grovel at the feet of the enemy.

Sunday night was rough. Seattle played extremely well!! ... As I'm sure you all know lol.

That was one of the hardest losses to stomach in many moons. There's so many thoughts and questions I still have, but oddly enough I haven't lost faith or hope for the remainder of the season and playoffs.

I think the Seahawks had a tremendous game-plan and the 49ers were ill prepared and thoroughly out-coached. I also feel that the game was very flukey... Lots of things that don't usually go wrong went wrong; not including injuries. They looked flat and uninspired... they didn't have a chance in hell to match the fire and intensity that the Hawks had on the field.

Oh well, we'll rebound. I actually hope we meed again in the playoffs! It's not a show of arrogance, but I don't want a free ride to the SB. I do NOT feel that the Seahawks are 30 points better than the 49ers... no way in hell; but they definitely were on Sunday night.

It's a shame what happened to Manningham as that injury will take a long time to heal. There is so much damage in that knee he may never again return to game form.

One thing was apparent to me very early on in the game. The Seahawks wanted to impose their will and physically destroy their hated rival, a team known for its physically imposing style of play. Kam's hit on Vernon Davis completely changed the complexion of the game, and the 49ers wanted no more of it, folding like a house of cards.

60niners

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":2ac11q8n said:
60niners":2ac11q8n said:

It's a shame what happened to Manningham as that injury will take a long time to heal. There is so much damage in that knee he may never again return to game form.

One thing was apparent to me very early on in the game. The Seahawks wanted to impose their will and physically destroy their hated rival, a team known for its physically imposing style of play. Kam's hit on Vernon Davis completely changed the complexion of the game, and the 49ers wanted no more of it, folding like a house of cards.
That hit was brutal, and that's the type of hit that we have been loving when Goldson and Whitner put on other team's receivers. I disagree with the penalty personally. Goldson blew up Hernandez the week before in NE on a completely legal hit and it cost us 35 yards! Those hits have a huge effect on the game: the Goldson hit caused Hernandez to short-arm his next pass which resulted in an INT, and the hit that knocked Vernon out, definitely took a bit of air out of our team.

And to the other poster who doesn't understand what "flukey" is; I know you're a homer, and I know you're biased, but I don't see how someone can watch that game and NOT understand that the 49ers were severely off of their game. They couldn't do one thing correct, even when the Seahawks didn't have a hand in the play.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
60niners":2z8u1652 said:
SmokinHawk":2z8u1652 said:
60niners":2z8u1652 said:

That hit was brutal, and that's the type of hit that we have been loving when Goldson and Whitner put on other team's receivers. I disagree with the penalty personally. Goldson blew up Hernandez the week before in NE on a completely legal hit and it cost us 35 yards! Those hits have a huge effect on the game: the Goldson hit caused Hernandez to short-arm his next pass which resulted in an INT, and the hit that knocked Vernon out, definitely took a bit of air out of our team.

And to the other poster who doesn't understand what "flukey" is; I know you're a homer, and I know you're biased, but I don't see how someone can watch that game and NOT understand that the 49ers were severely off of their game. They couldn't do one thing correct, even when the Seahawks didn't have a hand in the play.
And your analysis has nothing to do with being a "homer" or being biased? This team has been firing on all cylinders since the end of the Bears game. It's not like they ran over the Niners because "they were severely off their game". If that's not a "homer" excuse, I don't know what is. It's the same thing as, "they didn't win. We lost." Of course it wouldn't have been a blowout if your team played better, but I don't think any team could've beaten us the last 3 weeks.

60niners

Reaction score
-The Glove-":lo4lrxcd said:
And your analysis has nothing to do with being a "homer" or being biased? This team has been firing on all cylinders since the end of the Bears game. It's not like they ran over the Niners because "they were severely off their game". If that's not a "homer" excuse, I don't know what is. It's the same thing as, "they didn't win. We lost." Of course it wouldn't have been a blowout if your team played better, but I don't think any team could've beaten us the last 3 weeks.
Oh no I won't take anything away from the Seahawks, they definitely came to win.. And they absolutely did impose their will on the Niners. All I'm saying is that that was definitely not the Niners best game. Had the Niners played even a decent game, this match would have at least been competitive.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
60niners":9f8ouaby said:
-The Glove-":9f8ouaby said:
Oh no I won't take anything away from the Seahawks, they definitely came to win.. And they absolutely did impose their will on the Niners. All I'm saying is that that was definitely not the Niners best game. Had the Niners played even a decent game, this match would have at least been competitive.
Fair enough...pretty much what I said in the last part of my post. I definitely thought it wouldve been a low-scoring battle. When we jumped to that 21-0 lead, I was still worried the Niners could make a run.

60niners

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2poe0q8j said:
60niners":2poe0q8j said:
-The Glove-":2poe0q8j said:
Fair enough...pretty much what I said in the last part of my post. I definitely thought it wouldve been a low-scoring battle. When we jumped to that 21-0 lead, I was still worried the Niners could make a run.
Oh man, not me. I could tell from the very beginning when Lynch took that run into the endzone... The whole thing from that point on gave me bad vibes that it was going to be one of those games.

The Seahawks are super hot right now.... I don't know if it's better to be streaky, or just solidly good across the whole season; but that might be moot because the Niners were neither this year. WWL doesn't get anyone a Lombardi trophy! I've been watching the Niners play since I was old enough to understand what was happening on the TV, and I was able to watch from the early 90s til now, and I can only think of a couple years where I'd watch the 49ers get HOT... I'm just not used to it. I can bet it's extremely exciting to watch your favorite team be invincible for some time though! Even when we were dominant, without fail we'd be completely embarrassed at least one game a season... Leaves me scratching my head.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
60niners":5d6kpius said:
-The Glove-":5d6kpius said:
60niners":5d6kpius said:
-The Glove- said:
Oh man, not me. I could tell from the very beginning when Lynch took that run into the endzone... The whole thing from that point on gave me bad vibes that it was going to be one of those games.

The Seahawks are super hot right now.... I don't know if it's better to be streaky, or just solidly good across the whole season; but that might be moot because the Niners were neither this year. WWL doesn't get anyone a Lombardi trophy! I've been watching the Niners play since I was old enough to understand what was happening on the TV, and I was able to watch from the early 90s til now, and I can only think of a couple years where I'd watch the 49ers get HOT... I'm just not used to it. I can bet it's extremely exciting to watch your favorite team be invincible for some time though! Even when we were dominant, without fail we'd be completely embarrassed at least one game a season... Leaves me scratching my head.

Well to be honest, I'm probably not much older, if at all, but I started out as a Niners fan in the early 90's. Jerry Rice is still my favorite player of all time. I haven't had the opportunity to witness much success myself besides those early 9er days...until the early to mid 2000's when we had our NFC West run. Even then, I wasn't as excited as I am now. Part of that is I'm more involved with the team as far as taking part in these forums and just studying the team constantly. Plus this defense is one badass unit! It's definitely an exciting time for us, as I'm sure it is for you once the hangover of this loss is over.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
A better description of fluky would be the Patriots game a week earlier. While the Niners deserve credit for capitalizing on NE's mistakes, the number of mistakes NE made in the early part of that game would probably surpass the entire season's and maybe the year before. You guys got lucky right from the opening gate with weather that favors a smash mouth style of football and hinders the finesse style of play the Patriots excel in. I'm not saying that luck is what won the game for you but it definitely played a hand in the early goings and helped to give you an almost unsurmountable lead.

This week you guys did not play a good game and yes it was raining but again, you are suppose to be a smash mouth team so the rain (just like in NE) shouldn't have been a factor. What was a factor that (IMO) made it look like you had a bad game is because the Seahawks forced you into looking that way. You could see the effort change into frustration as the game went along. Niners players were taking cheap/late shots unnecessarily because they resorted to those things being the only thing they could do. You can make excuses for having just played back to back tough weeks but it would ignore we had the same thing early in the year when we lost to you after only three days rest. In that game we had more dropped pass's than the rest of the season but still only lost by 6 or 7, it wasn't a massive blow out and very easily could have been a W for us.

I think the big difference is J Smith. When he went down against NE, they rang up 28 on you in a flash. Follow into this week and we hang 42 on you before taking the foot off the gas. There were conversations on the sidelines about trying to make it 50 and there was time to if Pete had wanted to. I am pretty sure if Smith can't come back at full strength, your playoff run will be very short lived.

By the way, what is the status of Smith's contract? Isn't he coming up on 34 pretty soon?

chris98251

Reaction score
We imposed our will on you Sunday, smacked you in the mouth, the Kam hit took your heart out and it was go into survive and get outta here time.

Those games happen, just no team wants to be on national TV when it does. Thi team wants to be disrespected it seems, gives them a avenue to take it out on someone. The Harbaugh wave after the game down there was a great motivator. Yeah I know he denies it but then again he denied making overtures Manning in S.F. and that proved to be a lie also.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
chris98251":be43sbz2 said:
We imposed our will on you Sunday, smacked you in the mouth, the Kam hit took your heart out and it was go into survive and get outta here time.

Those games happen, just no team wants to be on national TV when it does. Thi team wants to be disrespected it seems, gives them a avenue to take it out on someone. The Harbaugh wave after the game down there was a great motivator. Yeah I know he denies it but then again he denied making overtures Manning in S.F. and that proved to be a lie also.

Yes, yes but the win was fluky.

60niners

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1ye2zc78 said:
chris98251":1ye2zc78 said:

Yes, yes but the win was fluky.
Your favorite team won. I'm sure you're happy about it. What I think of the game (notice I said game, not win) should have no impact on your life.

You're better than that mate, now buck up.

Latest posts