driving to the rams game

hawker84

Reaction score
i live in eastern washington, Tri Cities to be exact.. have tickets to the rams game and was thinking about making the drive sunday. we'll obviously need to go over the pass, so i was curious.. what's the chances that we sit starters and coast through this game.. i know we're still alive for the division, and possible #2 seed, but if carroll looks up at the scoreboard and sees SF up by 21 points at half, is he going to mail it in to protect the starters.. love my team, but really don't want to tackle the pass to watch flynn throw to Jerome Kearse..

let me know what you think

JonRud

Reaction score
Pete will play this game 100% to win. I don't think the SF score will matter to him at all.

Yes, if we are up by a lot late he will pull some guys like he has done in previous blowouts...but if the game is 17-17 going to the 4th quarter... I don't think he pulls anyone.

Pete's whole philosophy is 'It only matters what we do...not anyone else'. He wants to win this game and be 11-5...period.

Riley12

Reaction score
I agree. The SF score will not matter at all to the way he gets the team prepared and the way he has been coaching all season.

The fans will be watching the little ticker in the stadium, cheering or groaning, but he'll have the team focused on the task at hand.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Pete will want to keep momentum going into the playoffs. He will pull starters if we are way ahead, not if a team in another game is.

GOSeahawks

Reaction score
Never give up! Pete will not slow down till it reaches epic record breaking levels!

samwize77

Reaction score
Pete won't hold back unitl its outta reach...for many reasons. certainly not the most important, but when it comes contract time for him 11-5 looks better than 10-6. Good for the team also going into next year. Sets the bar.

RedAlice

Reaction score
As a Rams fan.

One thing comes across clear on all of your posts on this board.

You love your team. As I love mine.

I do not see hatred or demeaning remarks about the Rams in any way that is not normal fan team love.

You are levels above the Niners.

I want to beat you Sunday, but then...I hope you win the SB.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
11-5. With Russell Wilson accumulating an undefeated lifetime record in Seattle sounds like a beautiful thing.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
RedAlice":2awg7j09 said:
As a Rams fan.

One thing comes across clear on all of your posts on this board.

You love your team. As I love mine.

I do not see hatred or demeaning remarks about the Rams in any way that is not normal fan team love.

You are levels above the Niners.

I want to beat you Sunday, but then...I hope you win the SB.

It's early my friend. Wait until your team starts winning regularly, then your trolls will visit here just like in the greatest show on turf days and we will be less courteous.

The 9er fans historically are arrogant twats, they pretend to come to discuss football but really are here to gloat and troll as were the Rams fans of the Warner era. Some of course are good folks who respect this is our board but just are here to talk football. It becomes annoying after a bit and they sometimes are treated quite roughly by our crew here.

The Rams are finally getting straightened out under Fisher and they are not to be treated lightly by any team. They have a lot of very good young players and are looking at a a much brighter future than they have for quite a while. It's hard to beat the Hawks in Seattle, however your team almost pulled it off in SF and played great games against both our team and SF in your house.

I think many of us lifer Hawk fans are quietly worried about the Rams in this Div. going forward and especially this Sunday. Pete will have the boys ready to go on Sunday to at least attempt to put more pressure on SF for the division title.

We'll see if the Rams can stop our team which is on a roll. Any given Sunday, etc..

mikeak

Reaction score
If you are sitting at home on the couch watching Seahawks winning, 49ers & GB lose will the feeling in your stomach about not being there be worse than if you drive to the game Hawks blow out the Rams, 49ers win and you watch Flynn in the fourth quarter?

Also remember if the 49ers are winning on Sunday then this crowd knows that it is the last home game. Do you think they will be on their feet thanking the team for a great regular season..........

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
mikeak":3uso8oak said:
If you are sitting at home on the couch watching Seahawks winning, 49ers & GB lose will the feeling in your stomach about not being there be worse than if you drive to the game Hawks blow out the Rams, 49ers win and you watch Flynn in the fourth quarter?

Also remember if the 49ers are winning on Sunday then this crowd knows that it is the last home game. Do you think they will be on their feet thanking the team for a great regular season..........

excellent point.. come to think of it, i don't go to the game to just watch my favorite players play, i go more for the atmosphere and to be a part of this living entity that is the 12th man... silly me.. i'm totally there.

mikeak

Reaction score
Glad I could help. If you enjoy the experience you can thank me - if you crash while driving through the pass then hey you got to be responsible for your own choices :D

(sorry couldn't resist)