Preferred wildcard round opponent

Who would you want to see if Seattle falls short of #2 seed?

• at Dallas (SEA #5 seed)

Votes: 16 17.8%
  • at Washington (SEA #5 seed)

Votes: 14 15.6%
  • Minnesota at Seattle (SEA #3 seed)

Votes: 14 15.6%
  • Chicago at Seattle (SEA #3 seed)

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Washington at Seattle (SEA #3 seed)

Votes: 30 33.3%
  • New York at Seattle (SEA #3 seed)

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters

kearly

Reaction score
Assuming Seattle plays in the wildcard round, which potential opponent would you rather face?

#5 seed options: Road game. Would face Atlanta in second round barring an upset by the #6 seed in SF.

at Dallas: We've faced them before, and beat them soundly despite Romo playing fairly well in that game. Their defense is an injury riddled mess right now. It's an indoor / fast turf type environment. Wilson has destroyed teams on the 2nd go around.

at Washington: Media circus between RoY headliners. Outdoor, cold environment on grass. RG3 is not 100% healthy and didn't look like the same QB last week. Washington would be winners of 7 straight.

#3 seed options: Home game. Would face Green Bay at Lambeau in divisional round.

Minnesota: Faced them before, beat them easily despite taking best shot from AP. Wilson has done very well on 2nd go around.

Chicago: Faced them before, beat them. Wilson has done very well on 2nd go around.

Washington: Redskins can lose and still secure wildcard with Chicago and Minnesota losses, meaning they could play in Seattle (very unlikely).

Giants: If the Giants win and the Vikings, Bears, and Cowboys all lose, they are in. The Giants are slumping and could make a very easy first round opponent at home (very, very, very unlikely).

pinksheets

Reaction score
While I'd of course prefer a home game, I'm casting my vote with a tinge of realism in that the 3 seed is really unlikely and basically out of our hands. Going with the Skins, I want to take it to Robert's house and have Russell show Griff how it's really done. If Sherman is somehow available for the playoffs, I think the Hawks would absolutely manhandle the Redskins' receivers, think we could shutdown Morris, and that'd leave Griffin looking like a deer in the headlights.

SEC FAN

Reaction score
No question it would be Chicago at the Clink. That offensive line of Chicago's with our defensive line get off at home in the noise, salivating just thinking about it and I can almost taste Jay Cutlers tears. That defense of Chicago is on the ropes just looking to get put away. We've played them so often the last few years we have the game plan down to a science. 4-1 in the Carroll era.

I break it down to who can we get at home first. We just simply are a better team at home.

Adrian Peterson and RG3 just make plays, no bueno on them. Giants I think are down for the count, but I'm not saying they are done yet. The Giants look like a team that wants to just get the season over with. They look wore out from such a long last 2 seasons, but until that casket is closed I'm not convinced.

LawHawk

Reaction score
Tough call. No team there that would blow us out and no team that I can say for sure we would beat. I like our chances against all of them and I think we would probably be favorites against any of them. But I'll take RGIII coming to Seattle in the hopes that he'll do as well as Kaepernick.

j hawk

Reaction score
The worst team/location is Green Bay, other than that bring it on dont care .Will need to beat the best to be the best. Dont want to go to Green Bay, may have to.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Playing at Lambeau anytime sucks, but in January, forgettaboudit. Although we do have to play whos' in front of us. For the first round I think we are going to face the Redskins. It will make a great media story as the two hottest rookie QBs clash.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I would love to play RGIII to cement RW's ROY.

capncrunch

Reaction score
I'll take the Redskins at Fedex field. RGIII is slowed down a little bit. Of course, I'd prefer anyboby at home especially the Giants, but expect a road game with a trip to Lambeau being my least favorite option.

chawx

Reaction score
I prefer the first round bye: Minny beats Green Bay, AZ upsets a hurting 49ers team, and we take care of St. Louis...it's not seeming as far fetched as some of the other scenarios listed above.

After that, I don't think we'll have a problem with anybody on wild card weekend. I'd love the story line of RGIII vs Wilson (home preferred, but not scared to take em on the road), and, of course, having Wilson cement his status as top rookie QB.

PS. At some point, I want the Packers again...as OP stated, Wilson has been dominant against teams his second time around...as a Wisconsin alum, Lambeau field will just motivate Wilson even more.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I view getting the #3 seed as such a longshot (it would be awesome though), I am only considering either Dallas or Washington. Of those two, I guess I'd rather play Washington. I'll take my chances against a rookie QB with a lesser overall team than Romo with all those weapons on offense. I guess. But I think the Hawks can beat either of them.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
my preference would be ... we stay home as the #2 seed. But I guess it is not one of the choices.
I go with Skins ... I have plenty of Skins fans here ... I can't wait for the Hawks to beat them.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
I voted Dallas. As I see it, they are the most beatable team of the bunch, even on the road. Playing Dallas would mean that the Falcons would be the likely divisional round opponent. That at least gives Seattle a prayer of avoiding the Packers- although going through the posteason without facing one of the 49ers/Packers is only possible with a #2 seed so in the end we will almost certainly end up at Lambeau or Candlestick.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I voted dallas as well. First I don't see AZ beating the 9ers, and 2nd we dominated them without our O being unleashed yet.

drdiags

Reaction score
I picked 3 seed vs Redskins. I have no delusions of this being an easy win. The Redskins held their own against this defense last year with Rex Grossman. It is a year later but I doubt the Redskins are worried if they have to play here (which could be a fatal mistake). The Seahawks face the same type of environmental issues playing at FedEx field.

Just seems destined to face the Redskins. 2 of the last 4 playoffs have been against the Redskins here. '05 and '07