Seahawks Pro Bowl roster (UPDATED with alternates)

el capitan

Reaction score
The Pro Bowl voting system is awesome. Jeff Saturday is the
other center on the NFC team, he received the most fan votes
of any offensive lineman and he just got benched.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
JSeahawks":2g6nfa41 said:
The fewer Seahawks in the probowl the better. I wont be watching.

How does that make it better?

These guys are playing their asses off. Even if they don't play in the shitty game they deserve the recognition.

kearly

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2h0tax8y said:
kearly":2h0tax8y said:
Phew. Rage averted.

IDK, I'm feeling like raging out with Sherman being an alternate.

Yeah, still a huge snub. But it's still way better than nothing. Alternates often end up playing in the pro-bowl.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The 49ers can have their precious Pro Bowl. We're going to the Super Bowl.

el capitan

Reaction score
Looking at it another way, we just put up 42 points on a
defense with 6 probowlers in it.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Congrats for all of those guys getting recognized, really happy to see Okung and Unger getting some much deserved kudos! Well deserved, although a few, Sherm and MRob, should not be alternates......they should be starters!

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Personally, I'm very happy with the snubs...means there is even more of a chip on the players shoulders!! Yes!!!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":2etdu2zj said:
Personally, I'm very happy with the snubs...means there is even more of a chip on the players shoulders!! Yes!!!

If Sherman gets anymore disrespect, he might start breaking arms with his inside-the-5 mauling of receivers.

Sorry, Sherm; I guess it's got its benefits that you were screwed. Lol.

uncle fester

Reaction score
So they've pissed off the No.1 scoring defense in the NFL, just in time for the playoffs?

Should be fun to watch...

BigMeach

Reaction score
I agree that its total BS that so few made the probowl. But I also think the fans and players are making a big mistake. You just gave fuel to the fire to the best fans in the game and a team that is already as hot as the fires of Mt. Doom.

Better be ready Rams, you're going to get the brunt of it.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3etsigc7 said:
JSeahawks":3etsigc7 said:
The fewer Seahawks in the probowl the better. I wont be watching.

How does that make it better?

These guys are playing their asses off. Even if they don't play in the shitty game they deserve the recognition.

1. Pisses them off and makes them play with an even greater "us against the world" mentality.
2. Doesnt subject them to injury in a meaningless game.
3. All pro is an honor. Pro bowl is a popularity contest. So who cares. Win All Pro and screw the probowl.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I just hope the whole organization uses the pro-bowl BS as motivation! Every website and social media has acknowledged the snub of Sherman.

Go Hawks!

BASF

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2z9xo5d2 said:
1. Pisses them off and makes them play with an even greater "us against the world" mentality.
2. Doesnt subject them to injury in a meaningless game.
3. All pro is an honor. Pro bowl is a popularity contest. So who cares. Win All Pro and screw the probowl.

Agreed. The thing about the Sherman snubbed is that the fan vote has always been largely influenced by turnovers. Sherman has less turnovers than Jennings and Tillman. Peterson has the same amount of INT's and no suspension hanging over him. I'd take Sherman over any of them in a heartbeat and I am sure the coaches all would as well. Also having Tillman make the Pro Bowl makes this picture just a little sweeter:

UssellWilsonStiffArmCharlesTillman2012 zps76579f6c

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
uncle fester":2pr8qkzu said:
So they've pissed off the No.1 scoring defense in the NFL, just in time for the playoffs?

Should be fun to watch...

Are we still the #1 scoring defense without our best CB? We shall see. They've covered for our lack of pass rush until now. If we run through everyone with third-stringers in the mix, Bradley should be highly sought after for a HC job. Eagles anyone?

firebee

Reaction score
This Pro Bowl roster is such a smack in the face to the Seahawks defense. Sherman was definitely snubbed. Jennings and Tillman have been out for 3 - 4 games a piece. The Bears could be eliminated from the playoffs if the Vikes beat GB in Minn, the Bears lose in Detroit and the Giants or Cowboys win, which could very well happen. Also... Patrick Peterson was a better special teamer than he was a corner this year. While he made big plays, he got picked on successfully a lot this year. Sherman has been a game-changer all year long on defense and he's a major reason why the Hawks are in the playoffs. Where are the Cards??? Oh yeah... They're losing in San Fran for a better draft pick.

Then... Gerald McCoy over Brandon Mebane???? Really??? McCoy came out like a gangbuster early in the season, but he fell off the gridiron the latter half of the season... I know because he was a DL on my fantasy roster and he was a free agent DL for most of the season after I dropped him because he didn't produce. Mebane has been a monster all year long. On top of that... Mebane is an anchor on a top 5 defense in the NFL. What's the Bucs defense ranked? Brandon Mebane was snubbed.

Also... If Goodell and the owners of the NFL had any sense what-so-ever, they'd move the Pro Bowl to the start of next year and make it the first preseason game of the year. The new "Hall of Fame" game that kicks off the new football season. The players might even actually show up to play because the players will be looking to get back in the swing of things. The first preseason game of the year is the best time to have the Pro Bowl game in my opinion.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
Probowl is a complete joke. One step up from two-hand touch backyard football. It seems like being selected is very veyr important, but the actual game means NOTHING.

djb28

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1ll7qiyw said:
Not bad. The only glaring omission is Sherm.
THIS LEAGUE IS SUCH A PITIFUL WASTE LAND