Sherman did not make the Pro bowl

Atradees

Reaction score
He is a great player I love watching him. He will probably get paid.$$$$

Is the probowl an incentive in his controct before his next?

Steve2222

Reaction score
HawkWow":1cu1xd4p said:
Steve2222":1cu1xd4p said:
HawkWow":1cu1xd4p said:
This is GREAT news! Screw the Pro-bowl, it's a bigger joke than the NBA all-star game /slam dunk bafoon-athon. In protest, all of our elected players should refuse to participate. I use to go every year, you coudn't pay me to go now. The NFL is not Baseball. The Pro-bowl is an accident waiting to happen, especially now that half of the players are going at half speed. That's when injuries happen. As an aside, Sherm just lost a bit of leverage come contract time (sez the selfish, opportunistic side of me).
Everyone knows he's a top talent. This won't change anything come contract time. Hopefully he gives us a "we all we got, we all we need" discount though.

Oh, it helps. Being named to the Pro-bowl has been a bargaining chip for agents since it's inception. I agree he is the best and he will be paid accordingly, but it does give JS more leverage than vice-versa. I was actually being (somewhat) facitious with that comment. I want Sherm to get paid but we do need to keep things in check and it's little things like this that could prevent a hold-out from his camp.
And all I'm saying is this is one of th biggest snubs in Pro Bowl history. If he puts himself in the market, he'll be getting Top 5 CB money.

themunn

Reaction score
HawkWow":3h5tjn7i said:
Oh, it helps. Being named to the Pro-bowl has been a bargaining chip for agents since it's inception. I agree he is the best and he will be paid accordingly, but it does give JS more leverage than vice-versa. I was actually being (somewhat) facitious with that comment. I want Sherm to get paid but we do need to keep things in check and it's little things like this that could prevent a hold-out from his camp.

I don't think it'll make a difference. If anything Sherman can say "look the rest of the league hate me so much they won't vote for me, that's REAL recognition"

drdiags

Reaction score
Claims are it wasn't the Brady tweet that got him in the selection

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
For those asking whether @R_Sherman25 tweeting "U Mad Bro?" about Brady turned players off: No chance. Endeared himself to many across NFL

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
themunn":2m7a9l1m said:
If anything Sherman can say "look the rest of the league hate me so much they won't vote for me, that's REAL recognition"

Actually, I read a tweet that says Sherman endeared himself to a lot of the league with the "U Mad Bro" incident.

OP
OP
SeahawksFanForever

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Fact #1: Richard Sherman is an elite player on this defense.
Fact #2: Richard Sherman is not a pro-bowler this year but that does not change the fact #1

so #$&^ the voters

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If it wasn't so absurd I would be pissed. Richard Sherman is the best CB in the NFL. He's a Pro Bowler, I could give a shit if it's "officially recognized" by the biased, National Flag Football League.

Bryan

Reaction score
This snub will make our ENTIRE defense play with a chip on their shoulders, not just Sherman. We are going to be scary as hell these playoffs - I love it!!!

BobinLaConner

Reaction score
Wow... that is just wrong. Sherman is the best corner I have seen in a long time and I love watching him make play after play just dominating receivers. I suppose people just voted for the personal favorites and not for obvious football game changing talent. They may have figured he was going to be suspended for the adderol thing anyway so why waste a vote. I still can't imagine who I would rather have on my team than Sherm.

Sherm if you ever read this, the Seattle fans don't need to see pro bowl results to know how well you are playing. We love ya Bro! (in a man crush kind of way of course). I think the networks will be buzzing with this huge snub of Sherman tonight (even Warren Sapp just said he thought Sherm was deserving).

and Congrats to the other Hawks who made it. Go Hawks!

HawkWow

Reaction score
Steve2222":y3qd6t75 said:
[
And all I'm saying is this is one of th biggest snubs in Pro Bowl history. If he puts himself in the market, he'll be getting Top 5 CB money.
[/quote]

No argument here. Like I said, I want him to get paid, I just don't want a hostage situation. It is without question a rediculous snub and further proof of how un-necessary the game is. I live in Honolulu. I've watched the seats become increasingly available over the past several years. If you're a glutton for bad football, tune in and you'll see more empty seats than those full. With any imagination, you could attend free of charge. This game will soon (thankfully) be a thing of the past.

I think they should just name the elite players at their respective positions, give them 6 all expense paid trips to Hawaii, where they can relax and enjoy the reward. I recall several years ago the player (RB) in a beach volleyball function. Blew his knee, never played again. I think he was an RB for NE (Edwards?)...worse, I think he may have been a rook. :(

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I agree with most everything that has been said.

And especially Hawkstorian.

captSE

Reaction score
bobincovington":3c9jkwpl said:
Wow... that is just wrong. Sherman is the best corner I have seen in a long time and I love watching him make play after play just dominating receivers. I suppose people just voted for the personal favorites and not for obvious football game changing talent. They may have figured he was going to be suspended for the adderol thing anyway so why waste a vote. I still can't imagine who I would rather have on my team than Sherm.

Sherm if you ever read this, the Seattle fans don't need to see pro bowl results to know how well you are playing. We love ya Bro! (in a man crush kind of way of course). I think the networks will be buzzing with this huge snub of Sherman tonight (even Warren Sapp just said he thought Sherm was deserving).

and Congrats to the other Hawks who made it. Go Hawks!

What he said.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The universal opinion that Richard Sherman got robbed is as good as a Pro Bowl nomination in my eyes.

Besides, we all know Sherman wouldn't be playing at 50% effort in the Pro Bowl like all the other nominees do. Maybe they just didn't want to get injured.

ensett

Reaction score
Somebody from the NFL Network just tweeted that QBs have a lower rating against Sherman than any other CB in the league. Huge robbery, best CB in the league.

HawkWow

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":iga3mybx said:
The universal opinion that Richard Sherman got robbed is as good as a Pro Bowl nomination in my eyes.

Besides, we all know Sherman wouldn't be playing at 50% effort in the Pro Bowl like all the other nominees do. Maybe they just didn't want to get injured.

That's why the game has become increasingly dangerous. Most are playing at half speed, some are not. Anyone old enough to recall Easley planting Montana in the PB? Some snide reporter commented to Kenny "this is supposed to be a fun game". Easley replied "then they invited the wrong mofo"...or words to that effect. ;)

Hughes21

Reaction score
I know the pro blow is joke..... This will only add fuel to the FIRE for Sherman and show everyone he is an elite Corner.

Feel bad for Sherms.

Watch out for more "U MAD BRO". Sherm is P.O'd

Jase

Reaction score
Heard Sherman on the radio say he didn't really care about the pro bowl, but does hope/expect to be named 1st team all-pro

Latest posts