This is funny. 49er fan on the CLINK.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Speaking of home stadiums I think the NFL has an issue on their hands and if I were Harbaugh or any coach I would be livid with the league about the unfair advantage the Hawks have. Not that their crowd makes it hard to hear on offense and teams have to take timeouts to avoid penalties. That's all fair imo. The problem is when their crowd makes it sooo loud that the refs are unable to safely officiate a game. Their D players play well beyond the whistle cause nobody can hear the damn whistle, and even when making a big play on offense can be very loud which is what resulted in Cullivers penalty of playing beyond the whistle.

They can't have it both ways. If their crowd is so loud that the whistle can't be heard then the NFL must do something to address the issue. Be it louder whistles, hearing aids of some kind, something. To do nothing is simply unsafe, and completely unfair.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
I can't read your post my kids are too loud. please file your complaint elsewhere.

The Radish

Reaction score
hedgehawk":2fwc6ejc said:
Speaking of home stadiums I think the NFL has an issue on their hands and if I were Harbaugh or any coach I would be livid with the league about the unfair advantage the Hawks have. Not that their crowd makes it hard to hear on offense and teams have to take timeouts to avoid penalties. That's all fair imo. The problem is when their crowd makes it sooo loud that the refs are unable to safely officiate a game. Their D players play well beyond the whistle cause nobody can hear the damn whistle, and even when making a big play on offense can be very loud which is what resulted in Cullivers penalty of playing beyond the whistle.

They can't have it both ways. If their crowd is so loud that the whistle can't be heard then the NFL must do something to address the issue. Be it louder whistles, hearing aids of some kind, something. To do nothing is simply unsafe, and completely unfair.

Personally I don't see the problem here. I don't think the officials do that good of job anyway so where's the harm?

:141847_bnono:

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I can hear the whistle. The crowd usually quiets considerably during a play. It's the false start & delay of game whistles that are hard to hear.

bellyfat

Reaction score
Read between the lines, this is biggest compliment to the 12th Man!

BTW is his name TheShamen or something like that? A poster on the NFLB on GameFAQs had the exact same complaint.

GoHawks

Reaction score
I don't think you need to hear the whistle when Culliver obviously could see that Baldwin was a defenseless player as he was being held in the air by his teammate prior to making the hit

Bobblehead

Reaction score
If the 40 wengers have a hard time hearing on the field and fear for their safty, they have three options as I can see

1) Play
2) Wear hearing aides..
3) Forfeit.

Galen96

Reaction score
wait, they blame the crowd noise on their defender (culliver) playing past the whistle???

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
That is pretty pathetic.

But I swear I remember a game in which Hochuli got pissed because it was so loud and threatened to give the home team a delay of game penalty if they did not shut up so that Hochuli could deliver his monologue without interruption.

Atradees

Reaction score
The refs would be blind and deaf?

There used to be a penalty assessed for crowd noise by the refs. It was short lived.

OP
OP
hedgehawk

hedgehawk

Reaction score
bellyfat":m9mfo4o9 said:
Read between the lines, this is biggest compliment to the 12th Man!

BTW is his name TheShamen or something like that? A poster on the NFLB on GameFAQs had the exact same complaint.

Exactly. It's a huge compliment.

His user name was WINiner from 49erswebzone.com

zayden185

Reaction score
That could be the most wim-puss post ever

Equal parts wimp and puss!

Pathetic. Too loud for safety reasons?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XLQdUlK0_8&feature=related[/youtube]

Not the one I was thinking of, but here is an axample of a ref threatening to take away a timeout from the home team while they are on defense because their fans are so loud. Is this rule still on the books? Could this actually happen at the Clink?

Hmm having issues getting the youtube link to work right. Sorry. It is below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XLQdUlK ... re=related

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Atradees":19m4imkn said:
The refs would be blind and deaf?

There used to be a penalty assessed for crowd noise by the refs. It was short lived.
I was at the first game that they handed out that penalty. It got SOOOOO loud after that. And the more the refs got mad, the louder the stadium got.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1t8936ln said:
[youtube]5XLQdUlK0_8[/youtube]

Not the one I was thinking of, but here is an axample of a ref threatening to take away a timeout from the home team while they are on defense because their fans are so loud. Is this rule still on the books? Could this actually happen at the Clink?
Fixed it for you.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2fvwhh74 said:
Missing_Clink":2fvwhh74 said:
[youtube]5XLQdUlK0_8[/youtube]

Fixed it for you.

Ahh i see how you do it now, thanks!

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I remember Elway walking back to the refs and whining a few times when he played in the Kingdome that he couldn't hear. The NFL finally did away with that stupid rule and told teams to go to silent counts. Most teams got by it by just putting the QB in the shotgun and doing foot stomps to send the guy in motion and then the same for a snap. Problem solved.

They attempted this rule in college too. When I was going to BYU we had 65,000 very loud fans and would get warned. The problem was that it was called depending on if the QB said he couldn't hear, so basically you have an offensive player calling a defensive penalty. The refs would make an initial threat. Then they'd make a second threat. The third time it was a penalty. After the second one everybody would just get their keys out and shake them like crazy and it would get to be this really loud irritating car keys scratching noise. It doesn't sound like it would be bothersome, but 65,000 sets of keys irritated me like crazy. It was like a fingernails on the chalkboard sound. The QB could still hear well enough to call the play, but all of that rattling and irritating noise would have bothered me.

My favorite in a Seahawks game was when Elway was taking a snap in the endzone and went back griping to the ref about the noise (hoping to get a penalty and get better field position) and you can see the ref telling him to shut up and turn around and play ball. It was hilarious. He threw this super pouty face and made a big stink about it. Pretty funny stuff.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
This guy is just parroting what the announcer said which is dumb for this reason: Seattle was on offense at the time, so the crowd was way quieter. Culliver took a cheap shot because he wanted to, not because he couldn't hear.

Latest posts