This is funny. 49er fan on the CLINK.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
This is funny. 49er fan on the CLINK.
Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:32 pm
  • Speaking of home stadiums I think the NFL has an issue on their hands and if I were Harbaugh or any coach I would be livid with the league about the unfair advantage the Hawks have. Not that their crowd makes it hard to hear on offense and teams have to take timeouts to avoid penalties. That's all fair imo. The problem is when their crowd makes it sooo loud that the refs are unable to safely officiate a game. Their D players play well beyond the whistle cause nobody can hear the damn whistle, and even when making a big play on offense can be very loud which is what resulted in Cullivers penalty of playing beyond the whistle.

They can't have it both ways. If their crowd is so loud that the whistle can't be heard then the NFL must do something to address the issue. Be it louder whistles, hearing aids of some kind, something. To do nothing is simply unsafe, and completely unfair.
    hedgehawk
    NET Veteran

• I can't read your post my kids are too loud. please file your complaint elsewhere.
    --/*Seattle Seahawks*\--
    hawks4thewin
    NET Veteran

• That's what whiner fans do. They whine.
    Joey13091
    NET Veteran

• everyone has an excuse
    OneLofaTatupu
    * NET Shrink *

• hedgehawk wrote:Speaking of home stadiums I think the NFL has an issue on their hands and if I were Harbaugh or any coach I would be livid with the league about the unfair advantage the Hawks have. Not that their crowd makes it hard to hear on offense and teams have to take timeouts to avoid penalties. That's all fair imo. The problem is when their crowd makes it sooo loud that the refs are unable to safely officiate a game. Their D players play well beyond the whistle cause nobody can hear the damn whistle, and even when making a big play on offense can be very loud which is what resulted in Cullivers penalty of playing beyond the whistle.

They can't have it both ways. If their crowd is so loud that the whistle can't be heard then the NFL must do something to address the issue. Be it louder whistles, hearing aids of some kind, something. To do nothing is simply unsafe, and completely unfair.

Personally I don't see the problem here. I don't think the officials do that good of job anyway so where's the harm?

:141847_bnono:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• I can hear the whistle. The crowd usually quiets considerably during a play. It's the false start & delay of game whistles that are hard to hear.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Read between the lines, this is biggest compliment to the 12th Man!

BTW is his name TheShamen or something like that? A poster on the NFLB on GameFAQs had the exact same complaint.
    bellyfat
    NET Starter

• I don't think you need to hear the whistle when Culliver obviously could see that Baldwin was a defenseless player as he was being held in the air by his teammate prior to making the hit
    GoHawks
    NET Starter

• If the 40 wengers have a hard time hearing on the field and fear for their safty, they have three options as I can see

1) Play
    2) Wear hearing aides..
    3) Forfeit.
    Bobblehead
    NET Rookie

• wait, they blame the crowd noise on their defender (culliver) playing past the whistle???
    Galen96
    NET Veteran

• That is pretty pathetic.

But I swear I remember a game in which Hochuli got pissed because it was so loud and threatened to give the home team a delay of game penalty if they did not shut up so that Hochuli could deliver his monologue without interruption.
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• The refs would be blind and deaf?

There used to be a penalty assessed for crowd noise by the refs. It was short lived.
    Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• bellyfat wrote:Read between the lines, this is biggest compliment to the 12th Man!

BTW is his name TheShamen or something like that? A poster on the NFLB on GameFAQs had the exact same complaint.

Exactly. It's a huge compliment.

His user name was WINiner from 49erswebzone.com
    hedgehawk
    NET Veteran

• That could be the most wim-puss post ever

Equal parts wimp and puss!

Pathetic. Too loud for safety reasons?
    zayden185
    NET Veteran

• [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XLQdUlK0_8&feature=related[/youtube]

Not the one I was thinking of, but here is an axample of a ref threatening to take away a timeout from the home team while they are on defense because their fans are so loud. Is this rule still on the books? Could this actually happen at the Clink?

Hmm having issues getting the youtube link to work right. Sorry. It is below:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XLQdUlK ... re=related
    Last edited by Missing_Clink on Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• Atradees wrote:The refs would be blind and deaf?

There used to be a penalty assessed for crowd noise by the refs. It was short lived.

I was at the first game that they handed out that penalty. It got SOOOOO loud after that. And the more the refs got mad, the louder the stadium got.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• Missing_Clink wrote:

Not the one I was thinking of, but here is an axample of a ref threatening to take away a timeout from the home team while they are on defense because their fans are so loud. Is this rule still on the books? Could this actually happen at the Clink?

Fixed it for you.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• SalishHawkFan wrote:
    Missing_Clink wrote:

Fixed it for you.

Ahh i see how you do it now, thanks!
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• I remember Elway walking back to the refs and whining a few times when he played in the Kingdome that he couldn't hear. The NFL finally did away with that stupid rule and told teams to go to silent counts. Most teams got by it by just putting the QB in the shotgun and doing foot stomps to send the guy in motion and then the same for a snap. Problem solved.

They attempted this rule in college too. When I was going to BYU we had 65,000 very loud fans and would get warned. The problem was that it was called depending on if the QB said he couldn't hear, so basically you have an offensive player calling a defensive penalty. The refs would make an initial threat. Then they'd make a second threat. The third time it was a penalty. After the second one everybody would just get their keys out and shake them like crazy and it would get to be this really loud irritating car keys scratching noise. It doesn't sound like it would be bothersome, but 65,000 sets of keys irritated me like crazy. It was like a fingernails on the chalkboard sound. The QB could still hear well enough to call the play, but all of that rattling and irritating noise would have bothered me.

My favorite in a Seahawks game was when Elway was taking a snap in the endzone and went back griping to the ref about the noise (hoping to get a penalty and get better field position) and you can see the ref telling him to shut up and turn around and play ball. It was hilarious. He threw this super pouty face and made a big stink about it. Pretty funny stuff.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

• This guy is just parroting what the announcer said which is dumb for this reason: Seattle was on offense at the time, so the crowd was way quieter. Culliver took a cheap shot because he wanted to, not because he couldn't hear.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• You could still hear the whistle when they called that bullsh*t call on Chancellor. You don't hear any Whiner fans complaining about that.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• I am pretty sure that when the Refs blow the whistle, They also make waving gestures with their arms to rule a play over. WHAT ELSE YOU GOT?
    djb28
    NET Veteran

• It's called home field advantage for a reason. Nothing is stopping the whiners from do the same thing at Candlecrap park.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• So they're saying that Seahawks fans were too loud when the team was on OFFENSE and Baldwin got speared while being wrestled to the ground by Goldson? Because that's the main play where a SF player not hearing a whistle cost them. That's hilarious.

Not surprising to hear such an idiotic complaint from SF fans. They really are one of the dumbest groups you will come up against. Idiot Niner fan in my section got kicked out of the game for trying to fight a Seahawk fan who high-fived his friend next to him. The Niner fan was bumped and freaked out thinking the Hawk fan had punched him. It was EXACTLY what I witnessed when I went to Candledump myself. One of the biggest bandwagon frontrunner fanbases you'll find. None of these fools were around while the Niners sucked for a decade. Just goes to explain their inability to understand basic concepts of the game.
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *

• SeaTown81 wrote:So they're saying that Seahawks fans were too loud when the team was on OFFENSE and Baldwin got speared while being wrestled to the ground by Goldson? Because that's the main play where a SF player not hearing a whistle cost them. That's hilarious.

Not surprising to hear such an idiotic complaint from SF fans. They really are one of the dumbest groups you will come up against. Idiot Niner fan in my section got kicked out of the game for trying to fight a Seahawk fan who high-fived his friend next to him. The Niner fan was bumped and freaked out thinking the Hawk fan had punched him. It was EXACTLY what I witnessed when I went to Candledump myself. One of the biggest bandwagon frontrunner fanbases you'll find. None of these fools were around while the Niners sucked for a decade. Just goes to explain their inability to understand basic concepts of the game.

I call them Noners for a reason. When they're losing, there's none around. When they're winning, they're everywhere.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• The Niners' tears taste delicious.
    Reaneypark
    NET Veteran

Re: This is funny. 49er fan on the CLINK.
Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:23 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:It's called home field advantage for a reason. Nothing is stopping the whiners from do the same thing at Candlecrap park.

Every NFL town can do this. I don't go to games to sit on my hands, expect to be amused, then golf clap when a play is over.
    In Seattle, it's a 60 minute verbal assault.

Fans can bitch all they want. This is Mecca for sports crazies in America.
    If you haven't watched a big game in Seattle, you haven't seen what the NFL truly has to offer.

I've talked to tons of opposing fans that get really jealous after watching a game here.
    Win or lose, folks are impressed about how we bring it.
    GET YOUR EAR PLUGS READY!!!
    TheHawkster
    * NET Bad Ass *

Re: This is funny. 49er fan on the CLINK.
Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:33 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:It's called home field advantage for a reason. Nothing is stopping the whiners from do the same thing at Candlecrap park.

...they would rather piss and moan about it being too loud. Bunch of Ninnies.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

• that's some good sheit right there... my man ate his crow like a champion.. props to you pig pen.. what do you know, humble niner fans do exist.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• Think about it for a second how incredibly stupid this is: Complaining about a pro sporting event being too loud??? Holy sh** what an idiot.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• lol, that's a pathetic complaint. Poor losers
    No autographs please
    Jerhawk
    NET Starter

• Tell whiner fans and all fans around the league if you don't like the crowd noise come to play. If you can't take the crowd out of the game then bring your ear plugs.
    bingotown
    NET Rookie

• 8-0, the last time that happened, we know where we ended up......boom
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Talk about misdirected anger. I guess it's easier to lash out at the team that beat you guys down like a red headed stepchild, than look inward cause that would hurt too much.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• hedgehawk wrote:Speaking of home stadiums I think the NFL has an issue on their hands and if I were Harbaugh or any coach I would be livid with the league about the unfair advantage the Hawks have. Not that their crowd makes it hard to hear on offense and teams have to take timeouts to avoid penalties. That's all fair imo. The problem is when their crowd makes it sooo loud that the refs are unable to safely officiate a game. Their D players play well beyond the whistle cause nobody can hear the damn whistle, and even when making a big play on offense can be very loud which is what resulted in Cullivers penalty of playing beyond the whistle.

I'm waiting for the punch line, so please don't leave us all hangin'

Culliver was guilty as hell for that after play bullshit, and his frustration for being inept had nothing to do with hearing or not hearing the f'n whistle, game over.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Candlecrap?, more like Candlewaxtoiletbowlring. :16:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:05 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information