Hotels in New Orleans Super Bowl Weekend

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
My first trip to New Orleans was to see the Seahawks/Saints game two seasons back. Unfortunately I was sicker than a dog. But I loved that city, the mysticism, the food (from what I could ingest), the people, the culture...

I have regretted how sick I was so my buddy and I couldn't have as much fun as we both wanted.

Ever since that trip, I've wanted a re-do.

The stars seem to be aligning in unimaginable ways.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
For Detroit I flew in the morning of the game, got there at 9. Then after the game slept in the Detroit air port and flew out first thing the following morning. No need for a hotel. I was actually in Detroit for less then 24 hours. If we make it to the game and i'm lucky enough to get tickets, i'll probably go that route again.

chimpanjesus

Reaction score
how do the tickets work? is there a certain amount made available to season ticket holders of the teams that make it in? how much are they?

SEC FAN

Reaction score
I'm lucky. I live about 3 hours away and have friends who live in Metairie and Baton Rouge. Either way if I can get a ticket or not I'll represent on Canal Street, French Quarter, and Bourbon Street. The thing about New Orleans is that its a party all day long. Even if you don't have a ticket you can still be part of the action. I was here when the Saints won it and I was downtown in the cesspool partying with my friends. I've been to the Suagr Bowl and the feeling is electric.

JonRud

Reaction score
This is the most optimistic thread I have ever seen. I am all for planning but this seems like a bit much!!

mikeak

Reaction score
SEC FAN":3454cwip said:
I'm lucky. I live about 3 hours away and have friends who live in Metairie and Baton Rouge. Either way if I can get a ticket or not I'll represent on Canal Street, French Quarter, and Bourbon Street. The thing about New Orleans is that its a party all day long. Even if you don't have a ticket you can still be part of the action. I was here when the Saints won it and I was downtown in the cesspool partying with my friends. I've been to the Suagr Bowl and the feeling is electric.

Just don't end up like either one of these two guys........ just saying

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/10/02/ ... in-prison/

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
JonRud":5oiaa106 said:
This is the most optimistic thread I have ever seen. I am all for planning but this seems like a bit much!!

It is ambitious, my friend. I understand that. But not so overly optimistic when compared to the belief that the 12th Man can change a game. Or the beliefs of a runt of a QB in a game of giants. Or the belief that millionaire athletes of all different backgrounds will respond to the 'rah-rah' efforts of a 60 year old coach.

I'm just trying to keep pace here. The playoffs roll by pretty damn quickly from week to week. Between my two jobs and all the variables (location, opponent, tickets, lodging, finite finances, etc) inherent in a playoff topography that will shift and reconfigure weekly, I am trying to visualize the possibilities here.

There are only two certainties, currently. The Seahawks are IN the playoffs and the Super Bowl is in New Orleans.

Given my proximity to Green Bay and a friend with season tickets, I already have THAT game covered, should it occur.....

Any games prior or after I have to make contingencies for.

And, besides, it's fun to dream.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
I have been to New Orleans once a year for about the last twelve years, give or take.

It's NOTHING like anywhere else... I would absolutely have done a very short trip to Detroit if I had gone, and I'd only have gone to Detroit if I could have gotten tickets at a reasonable price -- didn't happen so I didn't go.

Conversely, I'd consider going to New Orleans even if I didn't have tickets. It's an awesome place and I can't imagine what it would be like with my Seahawks playing in the big game... I usually go for five days or so when I go down there.

A prior poster asked a bit about Super Bowl tickets and how it works, honestly, it's totally lame, about 80% of the tickets are given out by the NFL to marketing partners and tiny allotments to each of the 30 other teams. The two teams that are playing in the game get a bit larger allotments, but when you recognize that most of that goes to the actual teams... there's very few left over for regular fans. I think the Seahawks might have had 2,000 tickets left, which were in a lottery that was weighted by how many seasons you'd been a season ticket holder... just a tiny number of tickets.

SmokeyHawk

Reaction score
chimpanjesus":rhi456k3 said:
how do the tickets work? is there a certain amount made available to season ticket holders of the teams that make it in? how much are they?

Season ticket holders go into a lottery..If you win you have the chance to buy SB tix....for *XL they were $600 a pop. Uff de. I'm guessing for a venue like the Superdome each team gets 15k season ticket holders and the rest are corporate etc...

-SH

BallHawk

Reaction score
The Pelham is a nice hotel downtown and has great rates if they aren't booked solid already. Or if you don't mind driving a bit and want cheap rates then I'd look across the river to the West Bank.

Larry0293

Reaction score
I to have been pricing flights and hotels, then realized...hey, I'm from Alabama. got kin in mobile, and I aint gonna have to pay a thousand dollars for a hotel room!!!!! whoooo hoooh. now I just got to pray for my name to get drawn in the ticket lottery after we win the nfcc !!! (got 2 season tix since 06 season.)

SeaTown81

Reaction score
JonRud":2xtto2w8 said:

As is the "Who from the AFC do you want to play in the Super Bowl" thread.

I'm all for being excited and confident. I feel this team can take anyone out. But how bout we win one of the 3 road playoff games we're going to need to pull off, first?

And I'd say the exact same thing about any team this time of year.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
SeaTown81":3n7b96v3 said:
I'm all for being excited and confident. I feel this team can take anyone out. But how bout we win one of the 3 road playoff games we're going to need to pull off, first?

Before what, Jordan? Do tell what it hurts to anticipate success and be prepared to travel with the team to DC, Green Bay, Dallas, New Orleans or wherever necessary.

Too early? Why, exactly?

Perhaps you should become my travel consultant and handle this more appropriately and see to it I make it the right part of town, as well.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Use booking.com and use the refundable rate. If the Seahawks don't make it, you cancel the room, no harm no foul.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Thank you, falcongoggles. See, brainstorming is one of the benefits of this thread/thinking ahead.

It's awfully rare (thrice in the past 36 or so years?) that any Seahawks fan can honestly and realistically dream big about heading into what might be the greatest season/post-season in franchise history.

Pardon me, 'realists' if I embrace the opportunity and enjoy every moment of the remainder of this season without regard for whether or not others say our window is open or not.

Innocent when you dream.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
When my wife and I went to see the Hawks out there a couple years back, we stayed at the Royal Conti. Cool little hotel, less than a block off of Bourbon St. Decent rates too.

cajunhawk

Reaction score
It all depends what you want to do while in New Orleans that will dictate where you want to stay. Just got back from watching my alma mater win a bowl game for the second straight year this past weekend. Stayed at the big Marriott on Canal. Nice place, right near everything but it's a bit too crowded for my taste. Last year stayed at the Hotel Monteleone on Royal st about a block off Bourbon. Really liked that place but it can get pricy. If you want to stay closer to the dome...try the Hyatt Regency. Want to stay on Bourbon street...try the Royal Sonesta. If you want to stay in a quiet part of town try the Loews Hotel in the Warehouse District. If you want to gamble a bit...stay at Harrahs's. I really hope for my financial stability's sake that we don't make the Super Bowl, because I live less than 2 hours from New Orleans and will gladly and without any hesitation return there and spend way too much money if the Hawks make it to the Super Bowl.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
bestfightstory":328sa3tg said:
SeaTown81":328sa3tg said:

Before what, Jordan? Do tell what it hurts to anticipate success and be prepared to travel with the team to DC, Green Bay, Dallas, New Orleans or wherever necessary.

Too early? Why, exactly?

Perhaps you should become my travel consultant and handle this more appropriately and see to it I make it the right part of town, as well.

If I could fly anywhere I wanted to for free, I'd likely be making plans myself. New Orleans is the one Super Bowl destination I'd have a HARD time saying no to if the Hawks made it. I had an absolute blast there the last time the Hawks played the Saints. If the Hawks continue their dominance and end up in the SB, I'd likely try to pull off JSeahawks' sleep at the airport approach. Airfare and a SB ticket alone would be more than enough to put me into debt. It would be fun though. If New Orleans was as fun as it was in the middle of November, I can't even imagine what it would be like for a Super Bowl. Heck, I'd probably go even without a game ticket.

And BFS, You don't need my help. I'm sure you can find Chinatown and crazy drunken parking lot women on your own. ;)

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
SeaTown81":2hcwwv5j said:
bestfightstory":2hcwwv5j said:
SeaTown81":2hcwwv5j said:

Too early? Why, exactly?

If I could fly anywhere I wanted to for free, I'd likely be making plans myself. New Orleans is the one Super Bowl destination I'd have a HARD time saying no to if the Hawks made it. I had an absolute blast there the last time the Hawks played the Saints. If the Hawks continue their dominance and end up in the SB, I'd likely try to pull off JSeahawks' sleep at the airport approach. Airfare and a SB ticket alone would be more than enough to put me into debt. It would be fun though. If New Orleans was as fun as it was in the middle of November, I can't even imagine what it would be like for a Super Bowl. Heck, I'd probably go even without a game ticket.

And BFS, You don't need my help. I'm sure you can find Chinatown and crazy drunken parking lot women on your own. ;)

No he doesn't need your help! You told us we were on the "wrong side of town" in Toronto when were actually trolling the best dive bars in the city! You missed it bro!

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3tvoxc9b said:
No he doesn't need your help! You told us we were on the "wrong side of town" in Toronto when were actually trolling the best dive bars in the city! You missed it bro!

I was only replying to a text where you said you were miserable. And passing forth comments from friends when I asked about that area. Not so sure why you guys took such extreme offense to such an innocuous comment. SORRRRRRRRR-RRRRY! :les:

Hmmmmm. Now with Sherm winning his appeal, maybe I might need to revisit the validity of this thread.... Or start one of my own titled "Airport terminals and bathroom stalls in New Orleans Super Bowl Weekend." :lol:

Go Hawks!