At this point, 5 seed > 3 seed

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":340ustu2 said:
I know some people on here are screaming for a Hawk vs. GB rematch, but that's just stupid, the Packers are dangerous, experienced and playing as well as any team in the NFL (including the Hawks).......the Redskin Falcon route is the easiest way for us to get to the Superbowl.

Other than RG3 and the emergence of Alfred Morris, the Skins have a very average football team. Plus they have a terrible home field advantage, they're below .500 under Shanahan at home.
Tend to agree though I think a lot of folks are selling Atlanta a bit short too. I also think our defense (and everyone else's) will have enough problems with Griffin that they can hang at least for a while with most anyone. Bottom line though, I think the road to the SB is through GB for the reasons you mentioned, so thoughts on a game with them seem relevant to me. If Seattle beat WAS and then ATL they're likely to have to play GB in GB or SF in SF and GB is the team I would expect in that scenario.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1g5t51ef said:
Tend to agree though I think a lot of folks are selling Atlanta a bit short too. I also think our defense (and everyone else's) will have enough problems with Griffin that they can hang at least for a while with most anyone. Bottom line though, I think the road to the SB is through GB for the reasons you mentioned, so thoughts on a game with them seem relevant to me. If Seattle beat WAS and then ATL they're likely to have to play GB in GB or SF in SF and GB is the team I would expect in that scenario.

Don't get me wrong, Atlanta's a great team, especially on offense. But I think we match up well with them (if we have Sherman and Browner)..........and we've seen the past couple of years how ineffective their home field advantage is in the playoffs.

IMO the Washington/Dallas/Atlanta is a much easier path than going through GB and/or SF.

nategreat

Reaction score
I don't think we are giving Minnesota enough credit- I think they could easily pull off the upset against GB, which in this scenario would give us the #2 seed. They are at home, and clinging onto that last wildcard spot for dear life. Plus I am sure everyone will have some extra adrenaline for AP's chance at the rushing record.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
I'm not one to go full-on with the conspiracy thing, but if Seattle meets Green Bay in the playoffs there seems to be little chance of anything resembling the kind of straight-up officiating fans and players deserve. The psychological pressure to write a "proper" ending to the story will be too much bear. It won't even be conscious, just a fulfillment of expectations.

Here's what I'm afraid we'll hear with the Hawks on offense: "Holding, No. 76 offense. Ten yard penalty. Repeat second down." And on defense? "Pass interference, No. 25 defense. Ball will be placed at the 1-yard line. First and goal." With the Packers playing so well at the moment, it'll only take a couple three important calls.

sturg78

Reaction score
3>5 just for the chance of hosting NFC CCG. For us to host as a 5 seed means the 6 seed has to rally as hard as we have.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
nategreat":2m0djg01 said:
I don't think we are giving Minnesota enough credit- I think they could easily pull off the upset against GB, which in this scenario would give us the #2 seed. They are at home, and clinging onto that last wildcard spot for dear life. Plus I am sure everyone will have some extra adrenaline for AP's chance at the rushing record.

Minnesota win + SF win = SF 2 seed.

We only get the 2 seed if SF and GB lose

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":wqb6gkgh said:
I'm not one to go full-on with the conspiracy thing, but if Seattle meets Green Bay in the playoffs there seems to be little chance of anything resembling the kind of straight-up officiating fans and players deserve. The psychological pressure to write a "proper" ending to the story will be too much bear. It won't even be conscious, just a fulfillment of expectations.

Here's what I'm afraid we'll hear with the Hawks on offense: "Holding, No. 76 offense. Ten yard penalty. Repeat second down." And on defense? "Pass interference, No. 25 defense. Ball will be placed at the 1-yard line. First and goal." With the Packers playing so well at the moment, it'll only take a couple three important calls.

I agree...this game could go either way depending on the Referees. They have virtually overtaken the skill of the players in the game and are now controlling the outcome with their play calling.

Will I

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":1vwt3u6n said:

I'm with ya on this. I watched the GB @ Chi game the other week. The refs were a huge factor in not allowing Chi the chance to win that game. And that was @ Chi!

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Any scenario in which we get a home game is better than any scenario in which we don't.

rsm650

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":3eh0aqwv said:
Any scenario in which we get a home game is better than any scenario in which we don't.

If NYG somehow squeaks into the playoffs with a #6 seed, I'm going to kill myself. Everybody knows how the Giants play away in the playoffs :p...

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
rsm650":vnpmt2g1 said:
Hawkstorian":vnpmt2g1 said:

If NYG somehow squeaks into the playoffs with a #6 seed, I'm going to kill myself. Everybody knows how the Giants play away in the playoffs :p...

Not this year.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Will I":3rwhid5k said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":3rwhid5k said:

I'm with ya on this. I watched the GB @ Chi game the other week. The refs were a huge factor in not allowing Chi the chance to win that game. And that was @ Chi!

It was Super Bowl XL worthy. I've not seen a game reffed that poorly for an extended period of time (I've seen calls booted, but not just that many in succession and all going one way) in several years. Probably not since XL. It was atrocious. The "fake" refs never put on a show that bad. Not even close.

Daddy Love

Reaction score
I don't do all the math. But what I'd like to see? Hawks crush the Redskins and clinch ROTY for #3, then beat GB for the sweet, sweet revenge, then play the Falcons for the NFC Championship, to then BEAT Peyton Manning and the Broncos FTW.

HawkWow

Reaction score
SharkHawk":1xe1mi0i said:
Will I":1xe1mi0i said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":1xe1mi0i said:

It was Super Bowl XL worthy. I've not seen a game reffed that poorly for an extended period of time (I've seen calls booted, but not just that many in succession and all going one way) in several years. Probably not since XL. It was atrocious. The "fake" refs never put on a show that bad. Not even close.

Excellent comparison...the offensive pass interference calls against the Baylor kid were atrocious...much like Jackson's phanthom push off in XL.

nanomoz

Reaction score
interestingly, the hawks are probably better suited for a snow match than the pack.

Hawks46

Reaction score
The Redskins are hot. The advantage of beating them first is that we beat the best team in this first round (outside of us) and then get confidence going on the road again. The negative is that we're travelling all the way across the country. The NFL will probably make us play the early game. The other negative would be that the Redskins are hot right now. What, 6 or 7 in a row they've won ? They have confidence right now too, and confidence can make teams dangerous. I'm actually worried about playing the Skins.

I'm rooting for Dallas. (Wait....what ?) Their homefield advantage is terrible, and that stadium is so big, it doesn't get too loud there. We've already beat them down once. Jerry Jones whined and cried and got Tate a fine for his clean block on Lee. I'd really love to stick it to Jerry Jones; I have no problems with the Skins. Our team is confident right now, if we blow out the Rams, we're on an incredible roll. We go on the road in the playoffs, and beat a softer team, we'll have even more.

I'm with others here, and think that the road to the SB goes through GB. I also want to beat the hell out of them, at GB, because Im sick of hearing how they got robbed, while the only TD they got was a total gift as well. I do think that the best time to beat them is after their Bye. Teams almost always come out a bit relaxed after a bye, and I think we could jump all over the Pack after their bye and crush them.

BallHawk

Reaction score
With our defense and the way the offense has exploded over the past several weeks I like our chances anywhere even at Lambeau.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":30fmd1er said:
ChrisB Bacon":30fmd1er said:
I'll take my chances with @WAS/DAL > @ATL to get to the NFC championship game over a home game vs. DAL/WAS/CHI/NYG > @GB.

I know some people on here are screaming for a Hawk vs. GB rematch, but that's just stupid, the Packers are dangerous, experienced and playing as well as any team in the NFL (including the Hawks).......the Redskin Falcon route is the easiest way for us to get to the Superbowl.

Other than RG3 and the emergence of Alfred Morris, the Skins have a very average football team. Plus they have a terrible home field advantage, they're below .500 under Shanahan at home.
If only we' d have beaten miami