Ray Edwards in Seattle

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I think Edwards would be solid playing alongside Clemons and Irvin.. him on his own though? No thanks.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
One thing I will say about this weirdo is he had a dominant playoff game vs Dallas when the Vikings made the playoff run up to NFC Championship vs New Orleans. I know that he was challenged by his coach and he responded BIGTIME in that game (On a DLine that included the Williams sisters and Jared Allen). Most of the time, he was a chronic underachiever and headcase, though.

Whatever. Pete and John will do what's right. I have no doubt about that.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I just would like to know why we would be looking at him now? To replace Jason Jones? To be another Edge Pass-rusher? here would he fit? I guess I'm not getting it.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Apparently he's notorious for really rising to the challenge in the playoffs..

If he doesn't get motivation from helping us win the first playoff game to likely get Atlanta, don't know what will light a fire under him

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I've got to give defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier a tremendous tip of the hat after the defense's six-sack, 19-pressure performance against Tony Romo. Ray Edwards, especially, was a tour de force player. "I challenged Ray Edwards Saturday night,'' Frazier said. "So many times this season, we've seen defenses adjust what they do to change their protection to adjust to Jared Allen on the other side. I felt like Ray needed to step it up, and I told him, 'You have to be a difference-maker.' ''

That was a career-changer, potentially, for Edwards and Frazier. For Edwards because it showed he can be a premier pass-rusher on the biggest stage. And for Frazier, who should be the Bills' first, second and third candidate for head coach right now.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... z2G8Nq8Ije

Seafan

Reaction score
Hawks should consider bringing Hargrove in for a tryout. Inside pass rush could use a boost.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I really wouldn't have a problem with it if he's not a pouty d-bag but instead plays up to his potential.

HawkWow

Reaction score
If I were Pete, I'd tell him "you have to be a difference maker". Works like a charm.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Watched him when I lived back East and he played for the Vikings. Next to J.A. he was my favorite defensive player. I would love this guy on the team, but I hate hearing about how he quit on his team.

NO THANKS.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I should add that in that playoff game referred to above, Ray Edwards sacked Tony Romo 3 times and Sidney Rice scroed 3 touchdowns.

BigMeach

Reaction score
I trust PC and JS. Who knows what really happened or why it did with the Falcons. But if our guys can do what they have done with so many others this could be a very fun trio of pass rushers.

cdallan

Reaction score
I think this is a Jones replacement, as there was a noticeable lack of pressure from the middle against the whiners (or that was my initial impression anyway). I think we use him for a 'NASCAR' style nickel and dime package.

The reference to Hargrove is quite apt, as he was brought in as a 'low risk' player after others had given up on him, and provided something of a spark. Perhaps he was not even in consideration - he probably isn't even in football shape, as he hasn't been on a roster since August.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
The best way to keep improving is to keep teams guessing. We're doing it on offense (see: Pistol). This might just be another wrinkle on defense we're thinking of throwing in for the playoffs.

djb28

Reaction score
I do not know what is worse?
I just clicked to look or that you googled it.

JonRud

Reaction score
I like the way this sounds. If Pete can get this guy pumped up he can be a difference maker in our pass rush in the playoffs. I think we are one more good pass rusher away from being pretty much unbeatable.

Do it JohnPete!!

ivotuk

Reaction score

Boiler

Reaction score
I'm disappointed to hear about his recent issues. He was a great player at Purdue and I don't recall ever hearing about him having any attitude problems in college.