Brock Huard Pre-Draft Nod for Russell Wilson

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Got to hand it to Brock Huard, he knows talent when he sees it! There weren't too many scouts in Russell's camp.....and many a scout has had to "eat their words" with Russell's play this year!

NYCoug

Reaction score
The most prophetic words ever spoken. Why the hell isn't Brock working in the front office already?! Seriously, I love his analysis but I almost feel like he'd be better served actually being a part of the front office, that's if he wants to.

Great find!

Escamillo

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this, since I'd not seen that video before.
It's just one more example of Brock Huard > Hugh Millen. hehe :mrgreen:

Shane Falco

Reaction score
To me it's not surprising what he thought of Wilson at that time because I think just about everybody thought he could do everything. It was the fear of no QB that size ever doing it in the NFL before that he didn't have. The nice part of Brock's little speech there is committing to pulling the trigger on drafting him and being confident that the size won't matter.

And I loved how he used being 6'5" himself and lacking the qualities that Wilson has as an example. Good stuff.

kearly

Reaction score
Phase 1: Talk up Russell Wilson before the draft.
Phase 2: ???
Phase 3: Prophet.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
pre·scient ..... /ˈpreSH(ē)ənt/ Adjective

Having or showing knowledge of events before they take place.

Synonyms
foreseeing - provident

morgulon1

Reaction score
I really like Brock Huard and listen to his show almost daily. I think he was a better qb than he gives himself credit for but hey what do I know? I like his candid information that is very interesting and honest. Well thought out. Kicks the shit out of KJR IMHO.

Seafan

Reaction score
Anyone who has listened to Brock & Salk since January knows about Russell Wilson and his potential. Those two have been in love with RW a long time. Justified.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
And conversely, Hugh Millen prior to the draft said "If that guy ever does anything in the NFL, I'll come over there and eat your microphone."

Why on Earth there are people in this city that listen to Millen when they could be listening to Huard baffles me. This is merely a ridiculously obvious example of what goes on on a daily basis on local sports radio. Brock and Salk is the best show in town if you are looking for Hawk talk.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I like Millen when he's explaining and diagramming plays, because he's pretty good at it. I am not a fan of his prognostication or projected opinion of players.

Throwdown

Reaction score
SeaTown81":3c8s5o3b said:
And conversely, Hugh Millen prior to the draft said "If that guy ever does anything in the NFL, I'll come over there and eat your microphone."

Why on Earth there are people in this city that listen to Millen when they could be listening to Huard baffles me. This is merely a ridiculously obvious example of what goes on on a daily basis on local sports radio. Brock and Salk is the best show in town if you are looking for Hawk talk.

Is Millen still hesitant to give any kind of love to Wilson still? I haven't turned on KJR in a month, coincidentally they went on this tear since.

NYCoug

Reaction score
If you put this commentary with the music from the LevyFilms San Fran video before it breaks, you end up making Brock Huard look like the patron saint of the Seahawks. I did it by accident and it was pretty friggin funny.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
man I wonder why I never heard Brock mention this during his show ?

I love it. Its all destiny.

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
kearly":35oube41 said:
Phase 1: Talk up Russell Wilson before the draft.
Phase 2: ???
Phase 3: Prophet.

I_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg

Latest posts