Fran Tarkenton Showing love to Russell Wilson

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Watching @DangeRussWilson this weekend really took me back. He has to be this season's #NFL Rookie Of Year. @Seahawks

@BennyBensonTX I see a lot of myself in Wilson.

.@dangerusswilson proves what I've always known- if you're good enough your big enough. #NFL @Seahawks

https://twitter.com/Fran_Tarkenton

Cool to see him show some love to Russell
    Killa Kam
    NET Veteran

• He really ripped on Tebow not being an NFL quarterback, so it's great to see he feels Russell is--and is a high-quality one at that.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:Why does everything have to be "love"? Love, love, love. It's always "love" people are showing to Russell Wilson. If I had a nickel for every time somebody on this board announced someone showing "love" for the Seahawks, I'd be a rich man. Love, love, love. Why not..."kudos"? Or something.

Sinon on peut dire "du respect" ou même "du crédit bien attribué" ça marche?
    ParisPC07
    NET Starter

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:Why does everything have to be "love"? Love, love, love. It's always "love" people are showing to Russell Wilson. If I had a nickel for every time somebody on this board announced someone showing "love" for the Seahawks, I'd be a rich man. Love, love, love. Why not..."kudos"? Or something.

I bet Fran loves Mr. DVOA too. Would be interested in reading his opinion on that guy.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• "If you're good enough, you're big enough." --Fran Tarkenton

Great point, well said. Let that be the refutation to the "not big enough to play in the NFL" argument forever. The question shouldn't be, "Is this player big enough to be good in the NFL?" It should be, "Is this player good enough to be big in the NFL?"
    Rufus
    NET Rookie

• Rufus wrote:
    "If you're good enough, you're big enough." --Fran Tarkenton

Great point, well said. Let that be the refutation to the "not big enough to play in the NFL" argument forever. The question shouldn't be, "Is this player big enough to be good in the NFL?" It should be, "Is this player good enough to be big in the NFL?"

Speaking of, one of the guys who scares me the most out of potential post-season opponents is that lil guy Woodhead on the Patriots.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

• BlueTalon wrote:Speaking of, one of the guys who scares me the most out of potential post-season opponents is that lil guy Woodhead on the Patriots.

Yeah, I was trying to think of smaller-than-conventional-size guys at each position who defied the expert predictions--like Lofa at MLB--and Danny Woodhead definitely represents at RB. He's a tough, quick, smart runner who can catch, too.
    Rufus
    NET Rookie

• I understand the Tarkenton comparison, yet was a bit surprised that there was no comparison to Zorn as well. Back in the day Zorn was compared to Tarkenton quite a lot. I have an article, where Tarkenton is praising Zorn and that the comparison is legit, much the same way he's doing with RW. I guess it gets a little screwy with Zorn because of the southpaw thing.

652cHAWK
    *Hawk Junk Junkie*
    *Hawk Junk Junkie*

• ParisPC07 wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:Why does everything have to be "love"? Love, love, love. It's always "love" people are showing to Russell Wilson. If I had a nickel for every time somebody on this board announced someone showing "love" for the Seahawks, I'd be a rich man. Love, love, love. Why not..."kudos"? Or something.

Sinon on peut dire "du respect" ou même "du crédit bien attribué" ça marche?

This.
    KitsapHawk
    NET Veteran

• Rufus wrote:
    BlueTalon wrote:Speaking of, one of the guys who scares me the most out of potential post-season opponents is that lil guy Woodhead on the Patriots.

Yeah, I was trying to think of smaller-than-conventional-size guys at each position who defied the expert predictions--like Lofa at MLB--and Danny Woodhead definitely represents at RB. He's a tough, quick, smart runner who can catch, too.

I thought his name was "Woodcock." Or was Theisman wrong?
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• Thats pretty cool.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• Rufus wrote:
    BlueTalon wrote:Speaking of, one of the guys who scares me the most out of potential post-season opponents is that lil guy Woodhead on the Patriots.

I always think about Steve Smith in Carolina. He's 5'9 but has always played a lot bigger.

I really like the Tarkenton comparisons. Different eras and all that, when I see Wilson turn his back on a defense and scramble away it's almost uncanny how much they look the same. And it has to be said as well, Tarkenton's passing numbers were stellar back then.
    Tall men come down to my height when I hit 'em in the body.

Jack Dempsey
    Fuzzman55
    NET Veteran

• I LOVE me some Seahawks.
    garydrake425
    NET Veteran

• Montana got coal in his stocking this year.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• A quote from a defensive lineman about Fran Tarkinen "If I missed on the first tackle, I knew he would be back around in a minute". could say the same about RW
    BGHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:39 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information