At this point, 5 seed > 3 seed

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
If San Fransisco comes out and lays an egg against Arizona, GB wins in Minnesota, and we take care of business against St. Louis, we'll have won the division, but end up as the 3 seed. (GB has 4 losses)

This would set up a first round matchup against whoever the merry-go-round that is the 6th seed settles on (Dallas, Washington, Chicago, NYG) at the CLink. That sounds fantastic until we march the troops into the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field. GB is hitting their stride just like we are, and to say they have a bone to pick would be the understatement of the year.

I'll take my chances with @WAS/DAL > @ATL to get to the NFC championship game over a home game vs. DAL/WAS/CHI/NYG > @GB.

Neither the Skins or Cowboys scare me at home, on the road, or in Toronto, and I'll take Atlanta in a dome over GB in ~10 Farenheit.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
2nd seed > all other options. Dream big. Go Seahawks, Cardinals, and Vikings!

Gifted1

Reaction score
Look, no matter how you slice it - we're going to have to play on the road if we're seriously in contention for a Superbowl.

With that being said, playing in Lambeau will be our greatest test yet (assuming everything plays out like you described),
but it can only get us battle tested for our biggest road game: The Superbowl.

MrCarey

Reaction score
We have a pretty big bone to pick, too. That whole asterisk on our record needs to be taken care of, because I'm tired of hearing about it from people who would be super happy if it was the other way around.

Seafan

Reaction score
Hawks will likely have to play in GB anyway. I'd rather play them after their bye than in the NFCC. Unless you expect the 9ers to go into Lambeau and beat the pack.

kearly

Reaction score
I am pretty sure Seattle's path through the NFC is going through Lambeau no matter what. At least in the #3 scenario, they'd have a very winnable game at home, followed by a very tough game (GB), followed either by a home game in the championship round or a game against Atlanta who plays indoors on fast turf, which is very good for us.

Kind of a moot point anyway. The Cardinals are maybe the worst team in the NFL right now. I'd be shocked if they beat SF in Candlestick.

SEC FAN

Reaction score
Yeah I was looking at this last week. Us being the #5 seed is a pretty good scenario. We have to win on the road but its less intimidating to play Washington/Dallas (especially in Dallas) and in Atlanta. Dallas has one of the worst home field advantages and Jerry Jones said that after we destroyed his team; he was gushing about how much more fanatic Seahawk fans are at home. Dallas has one of the worst home field advantages in all of the NFL.

Atlanta hasn't won a playoff game ever with this group of players. In fact they have not only been destroyed at home, but also on the road the last 2 years.

I know its cliche to say you have to beat them all eventually, and it doesn't matter but thats garbage. If you remember the old Seahawks in the early 2000's (when we couldn't beat the Rams) and we had a young team....Its vital for a young group of players to get used to the playoffs and winning on the road in January. Anyone who says it doesn't matter is an amateur football fan.

The #5 seed is the better route unless we magically get the #2 or 3 seed.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
If San Francisco loses to Arizona, they'll need to invent a new word. 'Upset' isn't strong enough.

I think we'll get the #5 seed and then go to the NFC East Champion. Then it's all down to the Vikings. They are the true wildcard here. They need to win at home to Green Bay to make the playoffs in week 17. Having just flattened Houston on the road without Adrian Peterson having a big day, they're capable of beating GB at home. That game is huge on Sunday. If the Vikes win, San Fran gets the #2 seed.

Of course, unless you expect the #6 seed to go on a run, we'll be slated to play the NFC East Champion and then Atlanta if we get past round one. We're only likely to play Green Bay or the Niners in the Championship game. And however good this team is right now, they'll have to reach another level again to win two road playoff games.

el capitan

Reaction score
If we can't beat Green Bay at Lambeau in January then we
don't deserve to go to the Superbowl. The Giants went
there last year and destroyed a better team than this years
Packers are and I think we're a better team than last years
Giants.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score

Huh?? It's better unless something else happens, then that other thing is better?

So... Winning $100 is better than $1000 or $1500, unless of course you win $1000... In which case the $100 really wasn't better after all?

SEC FAN

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":35c2ks9d said:

Huh?? It's better unless something else happens, then that other thing is better?

So... Winning $100 is better than $1000 or $1500, unless of course you win $1000... In which case the $100 really wasn't better after all?

If you can't fallow the conversation than just go stand in the corner, put your hat on and face the wall.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
BlueTalon":2ewfze36 said:
I don't care about any of that. I just want to win the Super Bowl.
:13:

You have to beat teams to win it all. I don't care who we play or where we play them.

Largent80

Reaction score
Whomever they line up in front of us, we will obliterate them, and since we lost so many games we should have won, we are in this position. In reality SF should beat AZ at home with ease, so we will be doing this on the road.

strohmin

Reaction score
I don't want to see an easy path to the superbowl. I wanna see us face the best and be the best. This team should not be wasted against crappy talent. We are too good for that. This team isn't afraid of anything and as fans we shouldn't be afraid of anything either.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks the Hawks have a very good chance of beating GB in GB if it comes to that? IMO, Seattle is a better bad weather team IMO because they run the ball well and the Packers do not. Don't forget what the Whiners did to them at Lambeau the first game of the year and we all know our team is similar to SF (just better). Granted GB is better now than they were then and only our team has been hotter recently. But, I still like our team's chances. A lot. Would LOVE to whip them there and shut up all the Fail Mary bullshit.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I wish we could play GB in the NFCCG just so we could beat them and they would have no excuse. Beating GB in GB in the playoffs makes everything right. BRING IT ON.

chawx

Reaction score
Imagine this LOLscenario:

AZ beats a demoralized and banged up 49ers team, we handle STL, and AP and Minny make history beating GB.

Now GB has to come back to Seattle to play us again! Mwahaha! There will be so much bawling about the completed Hailmary catch by Golden Tate, It won't even be raining but the field will still be wet...

I know I'm in the minority, but I want that 100% clean, no doubt about it, reception, Hail Mary to mean something!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ChrisB Bacon":2ofvx0dl said:
I'll take my chances with @WAS/DAL > @ATL to get to the NFC championship game over a home game vs. DAL/WAS/CHI/NYG > @GB.

I know some people on here are screaming for a Hawk vs. GB rematch, but that's just stupid, the Packers are dangerous, experienced and playing as well as any team in the NFL (including the Hawks).......the Redskin Falcon route is the easiest way for us to get to the Superbowl.

Other than RG3 and the emergence of Alfred Morris, the Skins have a very average football team. Plus they have a terrible home field advantage, they're below .500 under Shanahan at home.

Latest posts