Are we what we hate: The 2005 Pittsburgh SteAlers?

chris98251

Reaction score
We are more like the Raiders of the 70's, a team that talked and backed it up and were physical and would smack youin the mouth on defense. On offense they had a lot of weapons that were never really appreciated until later. Not a lot of talk just determination and scores. They never got the refs to side with them either and it was always a challange for them.

Escamillo

Reaction score
Do we have a past-his-prime veteran whose home town is the city where the Super Bowl will be played, such that the national media will try to make THAT the big story of the game? :pukeface: (Good God, the national media can be soooooo shallow at times.)

djb28

Reaction score
We dont have a running back from Detroit!
God I hate Pittsburgh. I wish Harbaugh would have gone there so they could all practice their douchiness together.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
chris98251":xblafoe4 said:
We are more like the Raiders of the 70's, a team that talked and backed it up and were physical and would smack youin the mouth on defense. On offense they had a lot of weapons that were never really appreciated until later. Not a lot of talk just determination and scores. They never got the refs to side with them either and it was always a challange for them.
Been thinking this for several days now so obviously I agree with you Chris. :13:

Oh, and one area the Hawks aren't like '05 Pissburgh.....Wilson is already better than Rapistburger and certainly beter than the '05 version. If Seattle gets to the SB, his play will be far beyond what Little Ben's was in that game. Remember, his play in that game was abysmal.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
We would Steel their lunch money, wreck the Bus, and add a new Ward to Bellevue.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Their are enough differences to keep me from getting pissed off 8)

The QB's:
-Ours is a modest-statured Boy Scout; theirs is a tall, corn-fed rapist.
-Ours has a plethora of moves to fit any situation; theirs pretty much stands still and pump-fakes until a receiver comes open, as the entire D bounces off his fat ass! It reminds me of sand lot football where the QB is in his senior year of HS and he's playing against itty, bitty middle schoolers.

The Safeties: Earl Thomas may not be as big as Troy, but he's as fast, covers and tackles just as well and actually has a masculine sounding voice. :stirthepot: The rest of their secondary?? No comparison! Without pressure they're pretty unremarkable...reminds me of a team we played last Sunday.

Owners:
Pretty remarkable that we're winning in this fashon without owning the NFL and its refs. We all know the advantage the Roonies have with their 'big market' team. Seeing us actually creating some buzz right now with more than just the W/L columns is something quite unique through, and I credit that directly to Pete. Before long, fans and players of other teams might actually know we have a Governor and not a Pharaoh. 8)

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I really wish people would let 2005 go..... makes Hawk fans look like whiners.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I think we're like the 05 Steelers because we have a QB and a RB and a few WRs and some linemen, a muddle of safeties, linebackers and cornerbacks, a coach, some fans and a location where we play quite a bit more than any other location.

I think we're closer to the 2014 Seahawks (you know that team that ended the bottle poppin of the 72 Dolphins?).

sc85sis

Reaction score
I know a lot of you dislike Troy P. because he's a Steeler, but I think you'd love him had he been a Hawk. He's a monster on the field. Off the field he's a very high-character guy--quiet, thoughtful and very caring according to everything I've ever heard or read.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
sc85sis":1gdd8d0v said:
I know a lot of you dislike Troy P. because he's a Steeler, but I think you'd love him had he been a Hawk. He's a monster on the field. Off the field he's a very high-character guy--quiet, thoughtful and very caring according to everything I've ever heard or read.

Polamalu is one of the few Steelers I like and respect. Dude is crazy. (I also think Tomlin is a very good coach, too.)

That said, I wish this thread would get the axe.

seahawks08

Reaction score
chris98251":graas725 said:

I hope we don't follow the Raiders trend to their current era performance.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Well at least there are no great players from New Orleans who could be retiring with a Super Bowl win..

119680-330-0.jpg

Oh. Shit.