12th man vote: QB for game 5? (Bumped)

Who should be our QB next week vs the Panthers?

• Open this week's practice up to competition: best QB starts

Votes: 23 12.0%
  • DILFER! DILFER! DILFER! DILFER!

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Get Flynn in there now. Don't waste any more time with a rookie not delivering

Votes: 54 28.3%
  • I'm torn, but this is as much about WR as QB. Give the kid another start.

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • 100% stick with Wilson. We're still 2-2 with him at the helm.

Votes: 86 45.0%

• Total voters

hoxrox

Reaction score
The points for sticking with Wilson are basically:

rookie growing pains; we'll be taking our lumps this season - At the expense of a great defense and running game, at the expense of a winning season if this trend continues? Why even start a rookie if we're not putting our team in the best position to succeed this year? If we're playing for next year, I guess it doesn't really matter who starts.

receivers are not getting open - Yes they are. go watch the tape. Wilson bailing from the pocket too soon, and he is just not hitting them

Flynn is more sack prone - Pure conjecture at this point. Won't know until he plays regular games behind our line, in our offense.

Flynn is not a team player - Based on what he might look like on the sidelines? According to the coaches he lit it up as a scout QB for Rodgers, and gave our defense a lot information to work with. We can give some credit to Flynn for that 9 sack performance

Flynn looks too pouty - not even going to counterpoint this ridiculous argument

Coaches picked Wilson over Flynn for a reason - Coaches can make mistakes too; it's a matter of if they can learn from their mistakes and be rational enough (and not emotional like us fans) to do what is best for the team

We are still 2-2 with Wilson - And we could be 4-0... the passing game was still bad in those 2 wins. Defense/special teams will not bail us out forever.

The coaches are handicapping Wilson and limiting the play book - Then Wilson is still the problem. They are not letting him loose for a reason. Maybe he's turned the ball over too much in practice? Maybe he's having trouble reading defenses. Maybe their trying to make him into something he's not?

4 games is not enough sample size to determine if this offense can get it going with Wilson under center - We have a great running game and are still not getting it done. We can give Wilson a couple more games, but how long can we afford before this becomes another "developmental" season?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
hoxrox":50h8i8h2 said:
but how long can we afford before this becomes another "developmental" season?

Whether you thought Wilson would lead us to the Superbowl, or whether you thought he'd have a lot of rookie mistakes, it became a developmental year as soon as he was named the starter.

hoxrox

Reaction score
JSeahawks":149t2nyp said:
hoxrox":149t2nyp said:
but how long can we afford before this becomes another "developmental" season?

Whether you thought Wilson would lead us to the Superbowl, or whether you thought he'd have a lot of rookie mistakes, it became a developmental year as soon as he was named the starter.

If Carroll really believes in Always Compete / Win Forever, then he has some serious evaluation to do, and determine if he's putting this team in the best position to win this year. If by starting a rookie, we are still a year or two away, then I guess it doesn't matter but I would hate to see us squander our great defense and running game when I think we are talented enough to make some noise THIS year.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Man, I knew this thread was trouble when it was first started. I am sooooooooo glad I didn't jump in it.

Crow drumsticks here, get 'em while they're hot!

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2oboh0fv said:
Flynn. End the charade.

Hasselbeck":2oboh0fv said:
The best QB on this teams roster is the teams backup. And we're squandering an entire season because of it.

Um... does Hasselbeck get to keep the "Net Sage" title after this? :stirthepot: :p :oops:

madbohem

Reaction score
This entire off season and looking at where we are now ...

Pete and John can start a toaster and we should just drink the Koolaid.