Wilson vs newton

tifferradish

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to get some feedback here. Got into a pretty heated argument with my brother, who thinks Cam Newton is a better QB than Wilson. I was actually pretty amazed that he thought Newton was playing better, albeit passing yards, Wilson has been playing better. Just wanted to get some unbiased feedback on this one. If you had the choice, would you trade Wilson straight across for Newton? I know this is a VERY hypothetical situation, and I for one wouldn't trade Wilson for anyone.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
Wilson's poise and leadership put him head and shoulders above most QB's that stand 6" taller than him...

bestfightstory

Reaction score
tifferradish":2f7gdk4u said:
just wanted to get some feedback here. Just wanted to get some unbiased feedback on this one.

Well..... Since you asked.... Your brother is an idiot.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I wouldn't trade Russell for Cam. But I think Cam is still a phenomenal QB. Room for disagreement there -- avoid getting heated to the best of your ability.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Unless pure yardage is the only consideration, Cam Newton is beaten by Russell Wilson in pretty much every significant statistical category on the season. That said, most NFL quarterbacks are beaten by Russell Wilson in pretty much every significant statistical category (especially awesomeness).

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Cam's a good QB but once the speed and athleticism goes, what does he have? He doesn't strike me as a guy that is poised and mature enough to carry his team (Superman celebration when your team is getting spanked. Getting up and bumping a ref). I think you're seeing his ceiling already and it will be all down hill from there. He might be able to sustain it for awhile but I see him as no more than a gigantic Vick. He's going to be his own worst enemy.

OP
OP
tifferradish

tifferradish

Reaction score
Yeah I think the Jack Daniels messed his thought process up lol

madbohem

Reaction score
Newton has every talent in the world, but is still a year or two behind Wilson in composure and leadership skills.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
madbohem":37dxwrxn said:
Newton has every talent in the world, but is still a year or two behind Wilson in composure and leadership skills.

So true, madbohem.... SO true.

Osprey

Reaction score
Cam = Huge character flaws and immature.
Sure his physical talents are superior to Wilson, but QB is about way more than that.

Wilson = Great character and mature beyond his years.
We've all seen how his leadership has elevated his teammates play and discipline.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Osprey":33mt7dqq said:
Wilson = We've all seen how his leadership has elevated his teammates play and discipline.

We have?? Not sure that is something we can see. I credit his teammates for their play and discpline.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Russell Wilson was a real QB in college. He really played the position.
Cam was a runner with size who could throw the ball a little bit.
Cam has actually spent his off seasons learning to throw.
Cam is still learning to go through second, third progressions ...
Other than that, he has a strong arm and is a quick learner. I give Cam about 2-3 years to reach the level Russel is at today.
madbohem":1oafcwf6 said: