Wilson vs newton

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Wilson vs newton
Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:13 pm
  • Hey guys, just wanted to get some feedback here. Got into a pretty heated argument with my brother, who thinks Cam Newton is a better QB than Wilson. I was actually pretty amazed that he thought Newton was playing better, albeit passing yards, Wilson has been playing better. Just wanted to get some unbiased feedback on this one. If you had the choice, would you trade Wilson straight across for Newton? I know this is a VERY hypothetical situation, and I for one wouldn't trade Wilson for anyone.
    tifferradish
    NET Rookie

Re: Wilson vs newton
Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:15 pm
  • Wilson's poise and leadership put him head and shoulders above most QB's that stand 6" taller than him...
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:17 pm
  • tifferradish wrote: just wanted to get some feedback here. Just wanted to get some unbiased feedback on this one.

Well..... Since you asked.... Your brother is an idiot.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:18 pm
  • we beat them already this season...next topic lol
    ***In Carroll We Trust***
    kthebestwayw
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:20 pm
  • I wouldn't trade Russell for Cam. But I think Cam is still a phenomenal QB. Room for disagreement there -- avoid getting heated to the best of your ability.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:22 pm
  • Unless pure yardage is the only consideration, Cam Newton is beaten by Russell Wilson in pretty much every significant statistical category on the season. That said, most NFL quarterbacks are beaten by Russell Wilson in pretty much every significant statistical category (especially awesomeness).
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:25 pm
  • Cam's a good QB but once the speed and athleticism goes, what does he have? He doesn't strike me as a guy that is poised and mature enough to carry his team (Superman celebration when your team is getting spanked. Getting up and bumping a ref). I think you're seeing his ceiling already and it will be all down hill from there. He might be able to sustain it for awhile but I see him as no more than a gigantic Vick. He's going to be his own worst enemy.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:31 pm
  • Yeah I think the Jack Daniels messed his thought process up lol
    tifferradish
    NET Rookie

Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:01 pm
  • Newton has every talent in the world, but is still a year or two behind Wilson in composure and leadership skills.
    madbohem
    NET Rookie

Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:06 pm
  • madbohem wrote:Newton has every talent in the world, but is still a year or two behind Wilson in composure and leadership skills.

So true, madbohem.... SO true.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:07 pm
  • bestfightstory wrote:
    madbohem wrote:Newton has every talent in the world, but is still a year or two behind Wilson in composure and leadership skills.

So true, madbohem.... SO true.

That's right!
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:10 pm
  • Cam = Huge character flaws and immature.
    Sure his physical talents are superior to Wilson, but QB is about way more than that.

Wilson = Great character and mature beyond his years.
    We've all seen how his leadership has elevated his teammates play and discipline.
    Osprey
    NET Rookie

Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:18 pm
  • Osprey wrote:Wilson = We've all seen how his leadership has elevated his teammates play and discipline.

We have?? Not sure that is something we can see. I credit his teammates for their play and discpline.
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:23 pm
  • Russell Wilson was a real QB in college. He really played the position.
    Cam was a runner with size who could throw the ball a little bit.
    Cam has actually spent his off seasons learning to throw.
    Cam is still learning to go through second, third progressions ...
    Other than that, he has a strong arm and is a quick learner. I give Cam about 2-3 years to reach the level Russel is at today.
    madbohem wrote:Newton has every talent in the world, but is still a year or two behind Wilson in composure and leadership skills.
    Joe
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:28 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information