Hotels in New Orleans Super Bowl Weekend

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Hotels in New Orleans Super Bowl Weekend
Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:08 pm
  • Yep. Looking into them. Not ashamed to admit it. I'm not making a silly guarantee but this team has a chance to do what we have seen the last few weeks to any team anywhere and I am trying to assess my plans for the month of January and the first week of February in accordance with this reality.

It is important to be prepared.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• On a sidenote, I am considering dyeing my beard for a playoff run....
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• That beard looks epic and I am jealous/ashamed.

I haven't been clean shaven since the Dolphins game. We also haven't lost since then.

Superbowl facial fuzz it is for me!
    Founding Father of the Bevell-Be-Gone Movement

Currently riding SHOTGUN on the Russell Wilson bandwagon.

Renton Chapter Seahawkers Booster Club
    Section 316 @ CenturyLink Field

Kuendelea Mwewe - Go Hawks
    SilkMonkey
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• What color would you dye it? That's the important part. Lime green?
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• A good Boy Scout is always prepared.

Sounds wise to me. This team is gonna make the big game. For sure
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

• SilkMonkey wrote:That beard looks epic and I am jealous/ashamed.

I haven't been clean shaven since the Dolphins game. We also haven't lost since then.

Superbowl facial fuzz it is for me!

Thanks, bro. I grow beard every year for football season and shave every spring. The quandary I have is what if the bleach/dye doesnt take and I have to shave it? I
    have a punkrock friend who has been telling me she would do it every year since the 2005 season-this seems like the year......my employers would just have to deal with it.......I think.
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Aros wrote:Image

WoW.

That was BRILLIANT, Aros! (And awfully quick!)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• Dude, I'm not gonna lie. I didn't even notice the New Orleans tie-in with that logo until you just posted that response. I just looked for a Boy Scouts image that had the motto on it.

Tanzania Madness baby.

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• I have a freind that has offered me a room a half hour from the stadium.... i'm golden!
    12th Man: Cant be cut, wont be traded, will NEVER retire!
    Dirtball
    NET Rookie

• Aros wrote:Dude, I'm not gonna lie. I didn't even notice the New Orleans tie-in with that logo until you just posted that response. I just looked for a Boy Scouts image that had the motto on it.

Tanzania Madness baby.

Think you could put your skills to work for an hour or two and tie it together with some Seahawks colors, etc? Might make a nice wallpaper....
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• I had to make it my avatar for now...Damn Tanzania serendipty at work!

I'll see what I can do with the wallpaper. I'm seriously creeped out. In a good way!

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• hmmmm. i just went mohawk - maybe dying it is the next logical step
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

• I have a friend that lives in NO...maybe he'll let me crash
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• ClumsyLurk wrote:hmmmm. i just went mohawk - maybe dying it is the next logical step

Oh, man, you must!! :th2thumbs: Head hair takes dye so much better than coarse face hair. I wish I was still able to sport a hawk.
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• If I'm going. I will slide in and out of town on gameday. I'd definitely stay out of town.
    GET YOUR EAR PLUGS READY!!!
    TheHawkster
    * NET Bad Ass *

• RolandDeschain wrote:What color would you dye it? That's the important part. Lime green?

He already dies it or it would be gray.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Tech Worlds wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:What color would you dye it? That's the important part. Lime green?

He already dies it or it would be gray.

INCORRECT. Get back to steering your boat.

And. To answer Roland, I'd let my punk artist friend do her thing, but I'm thinking two tone blue with green streaks.
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• My dad was telling me last night to book a room soon. He wanted to book flights too, but I talked him out of that.

If the team is there, we'll be there. I'm not about to break my streak of seeing the Seahawks in every single one of their
    Super Bowls.
    Riley12
    * NET Recluse *
    * NET Recluse *

• Riley12 wrote:My dad was telling me last night to book a room soon. He wanted to book flights too, but I talked him out of that.

If the team is there, we'll be there. I'm not about to break my streak of seeing the Seahawks in every single one of their
    Super Bowls.

That's great to hear, Garth.. Would love to party in that city with you. Was there for opening day Seahawks Saints a few years back (victory). SO much fun!!!

I am not even sure I would want to pay for the game tickets, honestly...... But the electric vibe of the city and knowing what was going down would be such a thrill. Just thinking it all through. I have taken every weekend off from work between now and the Super Bowl. Some will be spent back in North Dakota with father brother and nephew, some in Vegas, some attending playoff games.....super exciting time, man.
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• My first trip to New Orleans was to see the Seahawks/Saints game two seasons back. Unfortunately I was sicker than a dog. But I loved that city, the mysticism, the food (from what I could ingest), the people, the culture...

I have regretted how sick I was so my buddy and I couldn't have as much fun as we both wanted.

Ever since that trip, I've wanted a re-do.

The stars seem to be aligning in unimaginable ways.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• For Detroit I flew in the morning of the game, got there at 9. Then after the game slept in the Detroit air port and flew out first thing the following morning. No need for a hotel. I was actually in Detroit for less then 24 hours. If we make it to the game and i'm lucky enough to get tickets, i'll probably go that route again.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• how do the tickets work? is there a certain amount made available to season ticket holders of the teams that make it in? how much are they?
    chimpanjesus
    NET Rookie

• I'm lucky. I live about 3 hours away and have friends who live in Metairie and Baton Rouge. Either way if I can get a ticket or not I'll represent on Canal Street, French Quarter, and Bourbon Street. The thing about New Orleans is that its a party all day long. Even if you don't have a ticket you can still be part of the action. I was here when the Saints won it and I was downtown in the cesspool partying with my friends. I've been to the Suagr Bowl and the feeling is electric.
    SEC FAN
    NET Starter

• This is the most optimistic thread I have ever seen. I am all for planning but this seems like a bit much!!

Win Forever!
    JonRud
    NET Veteran

• SEC FAN wrote:I'm lucky. I live about 3 hours away and have friends who live in Metairie and Baton Rouge. Either way if I can get a ticket or not I'll represent on Canal Street, French Quarter, and Bourbon Street. The thing about New Orleans is that its a party all day long. Even if you don't have a ticket you can still be part of the action. I was here when the Saints won it and I was downtown in the cesspool partying with my friends. I've been to the Suagr Bowl and the feeling is electric.

Just don't end up like either one of these two guys........ just saying

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/10/02/ ... in-prison/
    2014 inagural .net Survivor pool CHAMPION
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• JonRud wrote:This is the most optimistic thread I have ever seen. I am all for planning but this seems like a bit much!!

It is ambitious, my friend. I understand that. But not so overly optimistic when compared to the belief that the 12th Man can change a game. Or the beliefs of a runt of a QB in a game of giants. Or the belief that millionaire athletes of all different backgrounds will respond to the 'rah-rah' efforts of a 60 year old coach.

I'm just trying to keep pace here. The playoffs roll by pretty damn quickly from week to week. Between my two jobs and all the variables (location, opponent, tickets, lodging, finite finances, etc) inherent in a playoff topography that will shift and reconfigure weekly, I am trying to visualize the possibilities here.

There are only two certainties, currently. The Seahawks are IN the playoffs and the Super Bowl is in New Orleans.

Given my proximity to Green Bay and a friend with season tickets, I already have THAT game covered, should it occur.....

Any games prior or after I have to make contingencies for.

And, besides, it's fun to dream.
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• I have been to New Orleans once a year for about the last twelve years, give or take.

It's NOTHING like anywhere else... I would absolutely have done a very short trip to Detroit if I had gone, and I'd only have gone to Detroit if I could have gotten tickets at a reasonable price -- didn't happen so I didn't go.

Conversely, I'd consider going to New Orleans even if I didn't have tickets. It's an awesome place and I can't imagine what it would be like with my Seahawks playing in the big game... I usually go for five days or so when I go down there.

A prior poster asked a bit about Super Bowl tickets and how it works, honestly, it's totally lame, about 80% of the tickets are given out by the NFL to marketing partners and tiny allotments to each of the 30 other teams. The two teams that are playing in the game get a bit larger allotments, but when you recognize that most of that goes to the actual teams... there's very few left over for regular fans. I think the Seahawks might have had 2,000 tickets left, which were in a lottery that was weighted by how many seasons you'd been a season ticket holder... just a tiny number of tickets.
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

• chimpanjesus wrote:how do the tickets work? is there a certain amount made available to season ticket holders of the teams that make it in? how much are they?

Season ticket holders go into a lottery..If you win you have the chance to buy SB tix....for *XL they were $600 a pop. Uff de. I'm guessing for a venue like the Superdome each team gets 15k season ticket holders and the rest are corporate etc...

-SH
    SmokeyHawk
    NET Veteran

• The Pelham is a nice hotel downtown and has great rates if they aren't booked solid already. Or if you don't mind driving a bit and want cheap rates then I'd look across the river to the West Bank.
    BallHawker
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• I to have been pricing flights and hotels, then realized...hey, I'm from Alabama. got kin in mobile, and I aint gonna have to pay a thousand dollars for a hotel room!!!!! whoooo hoooh. now I just got to pray for my name to get drawn in the ticket lottery after we win the nfcc !!! (got 2 season tix since 06 season.)
    Larry0293
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• JonRud wrote:This is the most optimistic thread I have ever seen. I am all for planning but this seems like a bit much!!

As is the "Who from the AFC do you want to play in the Super Bowl" thread.

I'm all for being excited and confident. I feel this team can take anyone out. But how bout we win one of the 3 road playoff games we're going to need to pull off, first?

And I'd say the exact same thing about any team this time of year.
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *

• SeaTown81 wrote:
    I'm all for being excited and confident. I feel this team can take anyone out. But how bout we win one of the 3 road playoff games we're going to need to pull off, first?

Before what, Jordan? Do tell what it hurts to anticipate success and be prepared to travel with the team to DC, Green Bay, Dallas, New Orleans or wherever necessary.

Too early? Why, exactly?

Perhaps you should become my travel consultant and handle this more appropriately and see to it I make it the right part of town, as well.
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• Use booking.com and use the refundable rate. If the Seahawks don't make it, you cancel the room, no harm no foul.
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

• Thank you, falcongoggles. See, brainstorming is one of the benefits of this thread/thinking ahead.

It's awfully rare (thrice in the past 36 or so years?) that any Seahawks fan can honestly and realistically dream big about heading into what might be the greatest season/post-season in franchise history.

Pardon me, 'realists' if I embrace the opportunity and enjoy every moment of the remainder of this season without regard for whether or not others say our window is open or not.

Innocent when you dream.
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• When my wife and I went to see the Hawks out there a couple years back, we stayed at the Royal Conti. Cool little hotel, less than a block off of Bourbon St. Decent rates too.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• It all depends what you want to do while in New Orleans that will dictate where you want to stay. Just got back from watching my alma mater win a bowl game for the second straight year this past weekend. Stayed at the big Marriott on Canal. Nice place, right near everything but it's a bit too crowded for my taste. Last year stayed at the Hotel Monteleone on Royal st about a block off Bourbon. Really liked that place but it can get pricy. If you want to stay closer to the dome...try the Hyatt Regency. Want to stay on Bourbon street...try the Royal Sonesta. If you want to stay in a quiet part of town try the Loews Hotel in the Warehouse District. If you want to gamble a bit...stay at Harrahs's. I really hope for my financial stability's sake that we don't make the Super Bowl, because I live less than 2 hours from New Orleans and will gladly and without any hesitation return there and spend way too much money if the Hawks make it to the Super Bowl.
    Louisiana has the most disloyal fanbase in the world.....
    cajunhawk
    NET Practice Squad

• bestfightstory wrote:
    SeaTown81 wrote:

Before what, Jordan? Do tell what it hurts to anticipate success and be prepared to travel with the team to DC, Green Bay, Dallas, New Orleans or wherever necessary.

Too early? Why, exactly?

Perhaps you should become my travel consultant and handle this more appropriately and see to it I make it the right part of town, as well.

If I could fly anywhere I wanted to for free, I'd likely be making plans myself. New Orleans is the one Super Bowl destination I'd have a HARD time saying no to if the Hawks made it. I had an absolute blast there the last time the Hawks played the Saints. If the Hawks continue their dominance and end up in the SB, I'd likely try to pull off JSeahawks' sleep at the airport approach. Airfare and a SB ticket alone would be more than enough to put me into debt. It would be fun though. If New Orleans was as fun as it was in the middle of November, I can't even imagine what it would be like for a Super Bowl. Heck, I'd probably go even without a game ticket.

And BFS, You don't need my help. I'm sure you can find Chinatown and crazy drunken parking lot women on your own. ;)
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *

• SeaTown81 wrote:
    bestfightstory wrote:
    SeaTown81 wrote:

Too early? Why, exactly?

If I could fly anywhere I wanted to for free, I'd likely be making plans myself. New Orleans is the one Super Bowl destination I'd have a HARD time saying no to if the Hawks made it. I had an absolute blast there the last time the Hawks played the Saints. If the Hawks continue their dominance and end up in the SB, I'd likely try to pull off JSeahawks' sleep at the airport approach. Airfare and a SB ticket alone would be more than enough to put me into debt. It would be fun though. If New Orleans was as fun as it was in the middle of November, I can't even imagine what it would be like for a Super Bowl. Heck, I'd probably go even without a game ticket.

And BFS, You don't need my help. I'm sure you can find Chinatown and crazy drunken parking lot women on your own. ;)

No he doesn't need your help! You told us we were on the "wrong side of town" in Toronto when were actually trolling the best dive bars in the city! You missed it bro!
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Tech Worlds wrote:No he doesn't need your help! You told us we were on the "wrong side of town" in Toronto when were actually trolling the best dive bars in the city! You missed it bro!

I was only replying to a text where you said you were miserable. And passing forth comments from friends when I asked about that area. Not so sure why you guys took such extreme offense to such an innocuous comment. SORRRRRRRRR-RRRRY! :les:

Hmmmmm. Now with Sherm winning his appeal, maybe I might need to revisit the validity of this thread.... Or start one of my own titled "Airport terminals and bathroom stalls in New Orleans Super Bowl Weekend." :lol:

Go Hawks!
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:02 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information