Why do we keep doubting this team?

grizbob

Reaction score
You know, I may be slow but I always get there!! Kudos to Rob for calling the thrashing of the ninners!! :thirishdrinkers: :th2thumbs: :0190l: :mrgreen: :3-1:

MrCarey

Reaction score
I only ever doubted the undefeated season people were saying was going to happen.

If I doubted this team, I would have made a TON of money on season tickets I could have sold way overpriced.

drdiags

Reaction score
The witch hunt has officially taken full bloom. Cast all ye doubters into the dungeon. He who speaks against the team will be banished. Sorry, I am not going to do what you want to do. I will keep my weaknesses to myself but I am not going to go full homer mode just so I can fit in with the "I told you so" folks.

Loved/suffered with the team longer than knowing you fine folks. So if one has to go, I will miss you mugs.

OP
OP
Jazzhawk

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
drdiags":2rtjbaip said:
The witch hunt has officially taken full bloom. Cast all ye doubters into the dungeon. He who speaks against the team will be banished. Sorry, I am not going to do what you want to do. I will keep my weaknesses to myself but I am not going to go full homer mode just so I can fit in with the "I told you so" folks.

Loved/suffered with the team longer than knowing you fine folks. So if one has to go, I will miss you mugs.
No witch hunt here, and no telling anyone they can't think or feel how they want. My apologies if it came off that way. As for me, I am in no way saying I told you so. My point was, this ain't the teams we are used to, and maybe we can start looking afresh at the team as only having the history of 2012, and no projecting history from the last 30+ years on it that it doesn't deserve.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
I think what we as fans are starting to see with the entire team is confidence. The confidence of DangeRuss is starting to rub off and players are learning that the NFL is a team game and if everyone on the team just does their job and stays focused on execution of plays, the TEAM wins the games.

I think DangeRuss is becoming the undisputed LEADER of this team without doubt. The next few years are going to be banner years for Seahawks fans. I think the future is very, very bright for years to come. We are soooooooooo lucky to finally have a truely great young man at QB.

drdiags

Reaction score
Jazz. I think it is fair to ask all to re-evaluate their old held beliefs and bug-a-boos regarding this team. But I also know that unless this ends in a Lombardi, the fever pitch enthusiasm may turn on itself. Heck, at mid-season some were still agonizing over the QB position.

Yes, we as a fanbase are starting to see a sustainable team that should be dangerous for several years. But I still remember folks asking whether Pete Carroll needs to be on the hot seat and know the fickle nature of folks. As long as they feel positive, the sky is the limit. Hit a bump and like a rabid dog, some will try tearing your throat out.

I approve the thought and I have made a promise to myself to not go negative. But I also remember the "In Ruskell We Trust" mantra and the following years of blood-letting. I pray we don't have to repeat that type of change in our collective being.

Let's get this thing rolling. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

Rodgers

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2o6jir34 said:
Nobody wants to play the Seahawks right now. In any venue. Nobody.
I think you'd find an argument from the Packers and their fans. They'd love to play the Hawks.. in any venue. Any day.
Not trolling, I'm just pointing out that the recent roll is nice for you guys but the playoffs are here. The Packers are as different right now as the Seahawks are from that game.
It would be epic TV and it might set a record for viewership of a playoff game other than the SB.

OP
OP
Jazzhawk

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Rodgers":2qac3tx4 said:
Seahawk Sailor":2qac3tx4 said:
I think you'd find an argument from the Packers and their fans. They'd love to play the Hawks.. in any venue. Any day.
Not trolling, I'm just pointing out that the recent roll is nice for you guys but the playoffs are here. The Packers are as different right now as the Seahawks are from that game.
It would be epic TV and it might set a record for viewership of a playoff game other than the SB.
I agree for the most part.

However, to think that the Seahawks stole anything, or in some way didn't deserve that win just as much as the Packers is revisionist history. But I digress. It would be an epic rematch. One in which the Seahawks would win, just in a more convincing fashion.

Rodgers

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":39jittxq said:
Rodgers":39jittxq said:
Seahawk Sailor":39jittxq said:
I agree for the most part.

However, to think that the Seahawks stole anything, or in some way didn't deserve that win just as much as the Packers is revisionist history. But I digress. It would be an epic rematch. One in which the Seahawks would win, just in a more convincing fashion.
Now why the heck would you even say that? I've never said anything close to that. It is what it is. Now it's two teams in the playoffs.
I was just pointing out that I have not talked to a single Packer fan who wouldn't love a rematch. It's pure gold NFL stuff. Who wouldn't love it?
If the Seahawks win then everybody can STFU for once and for all right? If Green Bay same deal. Love to have it behind for ever.
Just hoping for injury free play the rest of the season for all teams. Not going to happen but one can hope.

capncrunch

Reaction score
Earlier in the season we could beat the tougher teams and then turn around and lose to the weaker teams. It made it difficult going in to any game knowing what to expect.
We committed way too many penalties and had awful pass protection at times. Last year, TJ couldn't drive `em down the field to pull out close games at the end. He would just back pedal until he was sacked. Russell seems to be smarter than the other defenses now. He doesn't even need good pass protection. He runs around lettig these 290 lb. dudes chase him until they are exhausted by the end of the first quarter. He can then pick them apart and run over them. Hi confidence is contagious to the other players and to the fans. I doubt I'll go in to any game without expecting to win. I think the re-emergence of Doug Baldwin will be huge coming down the stretch. I also thing Turbin's role here and there will be very important. That 3rd down catch he made for a first down was awesome.