Browner Question?

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Will he be available for the first playoff game....kind sad to say I haven't really notice his absence so I kinda lost track on when he is coming back.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Yessir. I don't know the exact date. I assume he will rejoin the team this coming Monday, as the Rams game will be the fourth consecutive that he has missed, thus fulfilling his suspension.

OP
OP
S

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Its kind of good that we have done so well with out him, our young guys have done really well, it might be a blessing down the road experience wise.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
SPOHAWK":16sraztz said:
Its kind of good that we have done so well with out him, our young guys have done really well, it might be a blessing down the road experience wise.

Agreed. Good to see Lane and Maxwell have some success. And if Thurmond can ever get healthy (Cue TechWorlds) our nickle dime and quarter and bandit packages are STOCKED.

Dont wanna go into the playoffs minus Sherman, though.

JerHawk81

Reaction score
Lane has been great - far far far exceeding my expectations. For a rookie who was #5 on the depth chart to come in and play like that is amazing.

We get better when browner returns, but I say more out of Lane than I expected.

OP
OP
S

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Tru has been out too, hardly noticed in the nickel either.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
SPOHAWK":maoztd9l said:

Tru's only asset to this team is as player/coach/mentor this year.

Sorry to be blunt about it, but there is talent in front of and behind him.

Tru can just enjoy the ride and hopefully collect a ring in February.

OP
OP
S

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Agreed, his best days are behind, maybe coach in his future? But Tru has been a loyal Hawk.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
bestfightstory":dlf2n7pk said:
SPOHAWK":dlf2n7pk said:

Tru's only asset to this team is as player/coach/mentor this year.

Sorry to be blunt about it, but there is talent in front of and behind him.

Tru can just enjoy the ride and hopefully collect a ring in February.

yeah... tru is here for mentorship only

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Browner's 4th game for the suspension is the Rams game, therefore, he is able to return with the Wild-Card week games, if needed.

Atradees

Reaction score
Pete had mentioned that it would be good to have Trufant back. Then he sidestepped the pointed question sort of saying the ComPete mantra.
monday presser...

SharkHawk

Reaction score
How great would it have been to have a guy like Tru available in the 2005 playoffs? We never would have had to insert Etric Pruitt who had almost no game experience into the game. If you have a Trufant-esque player to stick in at safety (yes.... safety) for the 2nd half of Super Bowl XL, then you're really happy you have that depth on the roster. As it was, we were at our #4 safety and Pruitt was completely lost and there was nothing the team could do. I think Tru is the kind of guy that could come in and at least not let a ball get over the top on him like Pruitt did a few times. You stick him back there 20 yards off the ball, or you move one of the other guys in and put him in as a dime DB. Regardless of his losing steps or anything else, he still knows how to play, and it was a lack of depth in the backfield that really ended all hope when we were down to the last man on the roster playing DB. If Trufant is your last man on the roster then you're doing alright I'd say.