Prisco is back with great insight

KK84

Reaction score
Pete Prisco :"He just won't"

nice intelligent rebuttal there Pete.
God sometimes i wonder why I'm not a well paid analyst if comments like that are all it takes.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Like winning road pllayoff games are easy. Prisco is really going out on a limb here.

He has gone full Harbaugh.

OP
OP
endzorn

endzorn

Reaction score
I only posted that video because I get strange enjoyment from watching people on this board hate on him.

BASF

Reaction score
Mark Sanchez and Joe Flacco both won road playoff games as rookies. Wilson is better than both of them, so it's not like it's never been done by worse players.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Call it what it is....flat out East Coast bias! Commentators are known to "ride their horse into the sunset". Like the perenial weatherman, sportcasters aren't going to lose their jobs for being wrong. They perceive their job as being "pot stirrers". :stirthepot:

Wizofwest

Reaction score
Haters keep hating so they can say if the Seahawks lose....see I told you he couldn't do it!!!

And these guys get paid. Ugh!

otter

Reaction score
Wow, that was a well thought out reason for why he wouldn't win on the road. "he just won't"...any facts to back that up? Oh, and Chicago when we played them, was a team that was 6-2 and had just come off a 28-10 win over Minnesota. since then, since getting demoralized by "That 3rd round pick" and his team, they have lost 3 of 4...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Ask little Petey Pissquick how his Stealers are going to do in the playoffs this year??? Pissquick is a turd that needs to be flushed!

hawker84

Reaction score
that 3rd round pick will not win on the road. why not? cuz he's not? how come he's not? cuz he's just not...

how the hell can i get a job like that, i can do that... seahawks are winning the superbowl. why? cuz they are? why do you think they are? cuz they just are? see told ya i can do it.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
He predicts the Hawks go out in the first round yet has them listed fifth in his latest power ranking.

ivotuk

Reaction score
He's funny :D What's the saying though? Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then? Prisco did say this:

"The officials blew it on the call on Kam Chancellor on Sunday night for his hit on Vernon Davis. If that isn't legal, I don't know what is. I am all for protecting players, but that was a bad call. Bet he's not fined."

Of course then he followed it up with this gem:

"Still don't believe me that Justin Smith's holds are a big reason why Aldon Smith has 19 1/2 sacks? He didn't get one Sunday night against Seattle when Justin Smith didn't play. Just saying."

Apparently it had nothing to do with Okung being a Pro Bowl caliber left tackle. :th2thumbs:

kearly

Reaction score
I'm honestly a little shocked Prisco's compatriot didn't instantly mention Tom Brady or Joe Montana when Prisco made that "3rd round" comment.

SeaWolv":35gpqdti said:
He predicts the Hawks go out in the first round yet has them listed fifth in his latest power ranking.

LOL, what an idiot.

At least he didn't go full retard by picking a pretender like the Colts. The Seahawks are clearly the best WC team, but if the Bengals can escape the first round (Patriots), look out. They are a scary good team right now. Probably the 3rd best team in the AFC, IMO. If I couldn't pick Seattle, Cincy would be my next choice. Although like I said, getting out of that first round will be really tough barring a Colts upset over the Texans, which would pit Cincy against Houston.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I can see Houston leaving the tournement with a whimper. I just don't think theyre that great. Not being a hater either.
Just MHO. Going on the road is tough enough with out it being a playoff game. So yes, Prisco really took a risk there. I can honestly say I don't read his shit ( i mean articles)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Didn't someone here recently say that this is merely shtick? He's actually made positive comments about the Seahawks this season but he likes to play devil's advocate or take the unpopular opinion as shtick?

This smacks of that to me.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Think about how most of us were thinking about this Russell kid at the beginning of the season after Carroll named him the starter; huge potential, huge risk given the Flynn contract. Week after week, he has continued to prove himself. Thusfar, the bigger the game, the more he steps up. Even his coaches weren't willing to give him the full playbook initially. Collinsworth had a point during the game Sunday night: What more does this guy have to prove to be considered worthy of ROTY?

We haven't begun to see the upside of Russell.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
I have always hated the Rookie=Inexperienced argument. DangerRuss is NOT your "typical" (whatever metric you want to use...) rookie. He is also now a 15 week veteran. And when the playoffs start, it's often called "the second season" so he will have one FULL year of experience. The playoffs are not going to phase him and that is what is often the knock with "rookies"...that the playoffs will "rattle" rookies. NOT THIS KID!

A stereotype is a thought that may be adopted about specific types of individuals or certain ways of doing things, but that belief may or may not accurately reflect reality.