Bleacher Report says we need a Tight End

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Bleacher Report says we need a Tight End
Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:08 pm
  • http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1450 ... ds/page/27

Do these guys even watch out games? Zack miller is a absolute beast at run blocking and he is someone you can count on to catch the ball unlike that guy who got cut a few days ago.

Why did they chose Tight End? Even McCoy has been burning linebackers and getting wide open.

What do they see that we dont?
    Axx
    NET Veteran

• You'd be a better informed fan by not reading that trash.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

• It's Bleacher Report /thread
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• Miller is a proven pro-bowler and McCoy finally figured things out, even our 3rd in McGrath or Morrah if he comes back have both shown strong potential.
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

• I could still see adding a stud pass-catching TE, but only if the OC and staff are committed to using him. If not, then stay with the guys we already have, cause at this time, there is no commitment to using a TE for every other pass catch.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• I don't think TE is even close to our biggest need, but I would love to have an oversized, big time playmaker tight end in the mix.

Oh, and Bleacher report is terrible.
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

• oversized wide out.... 1st order of business in the offseason
    --/*Seattle Seahawks*\--
    hawks4thewin
    NET Veteran

• hawks4thewin wrote:oversized wide out.... 1st order of business in the offseason

Why do people keep saying this? Maybe our offense is better fit for quick receivers who can get seperation, like baldwin, rice, and tate?
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

• If the Notre Dame kid (Eifert) is available, we may have to consider him. He's not the best blocker around, but has a knack for finding empty spots to settle. I think he would be a weapon for RW worthy of consideration. I'm hoping for a stud DT sometime early, but getting Eifert in the first, then trading up to get Woods in the 2nd would be huge for the O side.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• hawks4thewin wrote:oversized wide out.... 1st order of business in the offseason

I don't think so. Interior DL. This offense is flourishing with RW and Tate, SidRice and Baldwin. We can definitely use 1 or 2 more but its not our biggest need.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• I think the model the writer is basing his thoughts on are the Patriots pair, the Saints Graham and other more pass oriented TEs. I am old school. Zach Miller is the ultimate TE in my mind. He is a great blocker and can get separation with great hands. John Mackey was the mode of TE I have always valued. Miller is pretty damn good. I know some feel he is overpaid and will be asked to redo his contract or be cut. That would be a very bad move. McCoy is not a bad 2nd. Sure, grab another TE but not in the 1st round.

3-Tech DT that can collapse the pocket enhances the investment made into Irvin. A dynamic WR or a LB are other options I think need higher priority.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• Seriously, avoid Bleacher Report like it's the plague. It's not guaranteed to happen every time, but you run a serious risk of losing brain cells if you read more than seven consecutive words there. Plus a puppy dies.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

• The next draft best available IMO. My wish list has on it a TE but its pretty far down my list behind DL, OLB,WR,OL,FB and then TE. I think we are thin if Hill is gone after this year. We need depth too
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

• Actually...the next evolution of our offense is a move tight end to disguise plays and keep run defense on the field
    zayden185
    NET Veteran

• Game after game I am stunned by Miller's blocking prowess and tenacity. That guy is a monster.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• bellingerga wrote:I don't think TE is even close to our biggest need, but I would love to have an oversized, big time playmaker tight end in the mix.

Oh, and Bleacher report is terrible.

Agree, TE is the least of our worries. DT/DE/WR in that order IMO.
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

• McCoy has really stepped up as the #2 TE, and Miller has been fantastic. I don't see TE as a "team need." Certainly not a 1st Rd need, especially if better players are on the board. I suspect we're going BPA this year, with a nod to DL, OL, and possibly LB. LB hasn't been that much of a need as smith gets playing time. He seems to be filling in nicely for Hill, who I love but recognize is on his last legs. Wouldn't mind Hill staying around as a vet backup, but we could use a better starter there.

We might just snag a TE sometime, but I doubt in the 1st/2d.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• Lol. I'd say Jimmy Harbaugh needs his end tightened up again after Sunday's shagging....
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• Bleacher report is garbage, can't believe I saw ads for them during a football game...

Also, this team is solid across the board...nit picking is fine with me!

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

• Why does anyone here care about Bleacher Report? I've never read a single sentence from their website and the reason for that is simple. Every single time "Bleacher Report" is mentioned in a post, it's to make fun of how terrible they are.

But there's always "but" for some reason, as in, "I know, I know, it's the Bleacher Report, BUT..."

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• I've never read Bleacher Report but us calling them out for scrutinizing the RW pick is like the pot calling the kettle black. The majority of us morons (self included) over here assumed Flynn to be the starter and RW some kind of project.

Sports bloggers make me want to commit hari kari.
    Slick
    NET Veteran

• ensett wrote:Miller is a proven pro-bowler and McCoy finally figured things out, even our 3rd in McGrath or Morrah if he comes back have both shown strong potential.

What is the story on Cameron Morrah? I always liked the dude because it seemed like he made plays. He was waived/injured. Anyone know what happened? I think he was a better pass-catcher than McCoy, possibly almost on par with Miller as a receiver, but not quite as good a blocker as either.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

• olyfan63 wrote:
    ensett wrote:Miller is a proven pro-bowler and McCoy finally figured things out, even our 3rd in McGrath or Morrah if he comes back have both shown strong potential.

What is the story on Cameron Morrah? I always liked the dude because it seemed like he made plays. He was waived/injured. Anyone know what happened? I think he was a better pass-catcher than McCoy, possibly almost on par with Miller as a receiver, but not quite as good a blocker as either.

I thought he was just on regular old injured reserve. Don't think he got a settlement or anything...
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• Can some body pass this along to Bleacher Report for me?

INCORRECT
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• HawkWow wrote:If the Notre Dame kid (Eifert) is available, we may have to consider him. He's not the best blocker around, but has a knack for finding empty spots to settle. I think he would be a weapon for RW worthy of consideration. I'm hoping for a stud DT sometime early, but getting Eifert in the first, then trading up to get Woods in the 2nd would be huge for the O side.

Without this ending up in the draft forum, I'd say I have to agree with you on the bad ass DT. A game changer type. The only problem is that they are so hard to get and are coveted by every single team in the league. If we had one. We would be absolute hell to deal with. I'm not worried about tight end.
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran

• "Bleacher Report" doesn't say anything. Unpaid contributors on their website say stuff.

This would be like me starting a thread titled, "Seahawks.net says Flynn should be the new starter," because one troll in the gameday forum overreacted after Wilson threw an interception.
    minormillikin
    NET Veteran

• minormillikin wrote:"Bleacher Report" doesn't say anything. Unpaid contributors on their website say stuff.

This would be like me starting a thread titled, "Seahawks.net says Flynn should be the new starter," because one troll in the gameday forum overreacted after Wilson threw an interception.

Fair point -- except on Seahawks.NET, you run a far greater risk of reading something intelligent.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

• drdiags wrote:3-Tech DT that can collapse the pocket enhances the investment made into Irvin. A dynamic WR or a LB are other options I think need higher priority.

This for sure.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:28 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information