Interesting Nugget on Sherman from Eric Williams Chat

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • First off: guy asks question about Baldwin and Sherman regarding Harbaugh:

11:31 Comment From Carlos rogers
    Do you think Baldwin & Sherm really dislike Harbaugh or are they just showing allegiance to their new team?

11:31 Nope. That is legitimate.

Then it gets really interesting:

11:32 Comment From xcman Did the Stanford guys not like him while at Stanford - or just feel slighted now

11:33 At Stanford. Sherman and Baldwin were recruited by a different coach, and had a tough transition when Harbaugh took over. Sherman moved from offense to defense in part to get away from Harbaugh.

So if that's true: part of the reason we even have a star cornerback is because Harbaugh is an ass.

Beautiful.

Link to entire chat here: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks ... -11-a-m-8/
    Last edited by Hawkstorian on Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
    * NET Staff *

• Merry Christmas Hawkstorian!

And you're so right ... that is a beautiful little nugget to stuff in the Christmas stocking. I hadn't ever heard that before.
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

• Yeah, I thought at first that it was just playful, but spiteful "you didn't draft me" banter. I then realized that it was legitimate hstred after the birthday wish.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

• Wonder what was going through harbaughs head when Sherman was running that block back for a touchdown..haha
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

• Thanks for the All-Pro corner Douche Boy.
    Your act will soon wear very thin with your players in Frisco (probably already has started......can you say "quaterback controversy"?....I knew that you could) and your team will soon become mediocre at best. I'm looking forward to your firing.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• That is beautiful
    80% of Planet Earth is covered by water.....The rest is covered by EARL THOMAS!
    SundayNiteBlackout
    National Guard 09-Present

• Nice find. Interesting, verry interesting.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• Hawkstorian wrote:...
    11:32 Comment From xcman Did the Stanford guys not like him while at Stanford - or just feel slighted now

11:33 At Stanford. Sherman and Baldwin were recruited by a different coach, and had a tough transition when Harbaugh took over. Sherman moved from offense to defense in part to get away from Harbaugh.

Delicious irony if that's true...so I'm gonna believe it!

:mrgreen:
    gtcotcakya
    NET Rookie

• Hawkblogger did an interview and write up on Sherman on this exact topic a couple of months ago. Richard legit hates Harbaugh with a passion because Harbaugh pulled the same crap w/ Sherman after an injury that he's pulled on Alex Smith after his concussion. Sherm was their #1 WR and he got dropped basically off the depth chart after he got hurt, and Baldwin was his "little brother" at Stanford so you know they're gonna stick together
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran

• Can this rivalry get any better????
    Axx
    NET Veteran

• Hawkstorian wrote:So if that's true: part of the reason we even have a star cornerback is because Harbaugh is an ass.

Beautiful.

You know, I've never really thought of it that way. That makes it even SWEETER! Thanks!

.....................................................................................-Webzone Niner fan GhostOfJimmyDean
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• the SBN Niners site was reporting last year that Luck also was not too friendly with Coach Harbaugh.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Other than Alex Smith, I've not seen many players express a fondness for the head whiner. That admiration, I am certain Smith would now like to retract. I have nothing against kaep, and wish him well (in the long term) but in the short term, I hope he flops and costs the Niners a run at the SB. I doubt t would lead to the dismissal of Harbaugh, but it would certainly knock him down a notch. But even then, his mammouth ego would surely remain intact.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• I also have heard Harbaugh wanted Sherman to transfer but he would not.Sherman is a smart dude.He knew even if football did not work out a degree from Stanford is worth it.Plus the fact he is from Compton.How many kids from Compton can make it at Stanford,Sherman is inspiring story if you really think about it
    canzag
    NET Veteran

• If send Baldwin and Sherm down to dtanford to do a recruiting/draft report...

Guys who hated harbaugh! Smart and have burning fire for the guy!!

He is a different cat isn't he? Makes him good I suppose
    zayden185
    NET Veteran

• I've heard countless interviews with people that have been around hardouche, and the majority of them say one of two things...1) he was a decent guy as a player...2) he's a huge ass as a coach. That's coming from former players, and staff members.

No doubt about it....the guy is an ass hat.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

• He was a terrible QB. Terrible.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• The guy will soon flame out in the NFL. You can't keep treating people like crap over and over without having them eventually quit on you. Wait until teams go hard on their free agents.
    Reaneypark
    NET Veteran

• canzag wrote:I also have heard Harbaugh wanted Sherman to transfer but he would not.Sherman is a smart dude.He knew even if football did not work out a degree from Stanford is worth it.Plus the fact he is from Compton.How many kids from Compton can make it at Stanford,Sherman is inspiring story if you really think about it

Nice post. The whole situation also shows Sherman is one smart dude, as if getting into Stanford wasn't enough. I've always been fascinated that Sherman came from the Compton environment and all the places to go wrong there, and wound up at Stanford. Major-league overcoming ones surroundings.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

• off topic a little,..but I'm wondering if brother John is similar in personality,....he's been with and done well with the Ravens for a while now,...
    Hamhawk
    NET Veteran

• I've heard from some USC folks who also know people at Stanford that the players loved Roman and Shaw but Harbaugh wasn't exactly beloved.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• All that talk about Sherman playing WR makes me drool so much.
    madbohem
    NET Rookie

• madbohem wrote:All that talk about Sherman playing WR makes me drool so much.

GREAT point, madbohem.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• Any chance Sherman lines up at WR as a decoy/WTF kind of weapon for a future matchup with Harbum?
    Founding Father of the Bevell-Be-Gone Movement

Currently riding SHOTGUN on the Russell Wilson bandwagon.

Renton Chapter Seahawkers Booster Club
    Section 316 @ CenturyLink Field

Kuendelea Mwewe - Go Hawks
    SilkMonkey
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• Pstark3 wrote:Wonder what was going through harbaughs head when Sherman was running that block back for a touchdown..haha

Wheels on the bus come off and off.. off and offf
    Bobblehead
    NET Rookie

• Bobblehead wrote:
    Pstark3 wrote:Wonder what was going through harbaughs head when Sherman was running that block back for a touchdown..haha

Wheels on the bus come off and off.. off and offf

Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• We can only hope Sunday was the beginning of the end for Harbaugh. Like Schiano down in TB, players get along with coaches like Harbaugh as long as they're winning. If the wheels start to wobble, it doesn't take long at all before the axle comes off.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:07 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information