We finaly have the QB that I hated

Renohawk

Reaction score
For many years, facing teams that had a QB that could wiggle his way out of trouble, only to dash for a big gain or find an open receiver, I hated that. Now, we have one and I love how it feels. I also love how he ends his interviews with "GO Hawks", don't think i've seen that before.

sutz

Reaction score
Well put. After so many years watching our guys chase Elway, it's nice to watch them do it for a change.

:)

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Personally, I'd rather have an O-line that lets Wilson stand like a statue like Brady does in NE.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":1t4tac0q said:
Personally, I'd rather have an O-line that lets Wilson stand like a statue like Brady does in NE.

I know what your saying but I just don't think that's Wilson's game. As evidenced against the 9er's he had them gassed by the end of the 3rd quarter and I like that aspect. For the entire game defenses are going to have to account for his mobility. Wilson did beat the Pats as a green rookie so I am fine with his game.

skater18000

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":t9h7gsdx said:

He's 2 short!!!

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
LOL...I wasn't saying Wilson had to be Brady-like back there, just that I'd like our O-line to play in such a way that running or staying in the pocket was WILSON's decision. I agree that it's a great part of his game and he does it well. I just see him running for his life too much. My example would be the Bills game where his runs were more designed rather than bad O-line play and all hell breaking lose forcing to run for his life.

ariel9302

Reaction score
agreed. I was however surprised by how many times Wilson would scramble for 40 yards behind the line of scrimmage and still not have one receiver shake free. san fran must have had legit coverages in place at least some of the time.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":tclp098b said:
In time. I am sure that in the upcoming years we will get there. It took the Saints a while to get their O-line just how Brees needed it.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":ecw46alt said:
I agree on that one Jazz, hopefully Cable will find the key to getting that kind of O-Line up and running in months to come.
Russell is doing a sensational job with the less than stellar Line right now, hard to imagine what he'd look like with a Line that could actually block like that.
It would go a long way to keeping Wilson healthy.

WeakBeak

Reaction score
When he says go hawks at the end of every interview, just makes me respect him so much more.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":1mx0s0zb said:
LOL...I wasn't saying Wilson had to be Brady-like back there, just that I'd like our O-line to play in such a way that running or staying in the pocket was WILSON's decision. I agree that it's a great part of his game and he does it well. I just see him running for his life too much. My example would be the Bills game where his runs were more designed rather than bad O-line play and all hell breaking lose forcing to run for his life.
With the 9rs Defense, Wilson was the difference that gave the Seahawks the win, because of his scrambling ability, and that was Bradys undoing the week before, as he does NOT have the gift of elusiveness that Wilson posseses, but I too would like to see Wilson with that kind of protection.
My only question would be HOW do you prepare the O-Line for a scrambleing Quarterback, where he doesn't run himself out of the protection the O-Line is trying to give him?
Wilson threw the ball away so's not to take a hard hit, or lose yardage.
For being a Rookie, he's pretty savvy, and we haven't seen a QB wearing a Seahawks uniform like that EVER.

Greenhell

Reaction score
sutz":27u8o2qf said:
Well put. After so many years watching our guys chase Elway, it's nice to watch them do it for a change.

:)

This is the reason for decades long hatred of Elway. Here in CO he's a damn God. He used to get me so pissed off!

Glad we have #3. Paybacks are Beeyotch!

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
In addition to opposing D's getting gassed trying to catch Russell, they get frustrated as hell. He makes them constantly second guess what they're doing and has their minds trying to figure out what to do next. While they're busy with that - BOOM - Marshawn lowers his pads and pounds out another big gain. Then Russell does it all over again. Scramble, fake, misdirection, quick throws, then - BOOM - the perfect deep ball.

Point is, we have the whole package right now and it's all about RW being able to do everything you could want a QB to do. YES!

seahawks08

Reaction score
ariel9302":39z747hw said:
agreed. I was however surprised by how many times Wilson would scramble for 40 yards behind the line of scrimmage and still not have one receiver shake free. san fran must have had legit coverages in place at least some of the time.

Rewatching the recording, I saw that receivers use to come back from their routes, but RW did not like what he saw as defense was anticipating those too, so he kept scrambling. He also tried the read option and gave it more to Marshawn Lynch as there was a guy who was constantly on him and he would freeze the guys which opened up lanes for Marshawn. Since we were ahead, I think RW did not want to make risky throws during scrambles in tight windows, it was raining damp and not worth it. I think on the road where the defense cannot play that sharp normally, he will make those throws.

What I understand is, when the QB start scrambling, they have all assignments to either come back to the ball, or make the necessary blocks. Doug Baldwin was talking about this on one of the radio talk shows.