Violently announcing our arrival as a powerhouse

v1rotv2

Reaction score
I had heard that the refs have been told if it looks brutal flag it and they will look at the film to determine whether or not it gets fined. So the League will defend the refs and that's why you see so many flags now. It may not cost Kam a fine but the 15 yards is still there.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":218fip78 said:
Twisted":218fip78 said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":218fip78 said:
Kam's was not really to my personal taste,

huh? as stated it was a text book separate the ball from the receiver hit..

I didn't suggest that it was illegal or dirty or anything of the sort; just that it isn't to my taste. As in, I personally don't really dig that level of brutality. I'm not necessarily agitating to get rid of it, it's just not what I tune in hoping to see. I get that plenty of other fans see it differently and are attracted to the game for different reasons.

Honey, I'm not exactly sure what you were hoping to see at an NFL football game, but most here want to see the ball separated from the ball holder.....and that ain't easy when the ball holder has 22" biceps!!!

BlueTalon

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":1kp7zien said:
BEEE-UTIFUL! I assert that VD had no reason to go up in the air like that except that he knew Kam was coming. The split second when the ball is about to hit his hands, his heard turns to see Kam a step and a half away. I'm totally speculating that VD went up and brought his legs up like that to be in a defensive/protective position. If he kept his feet and snatched the ball out of the air with his hands, he may have been able to duck and dive under the hit. Maybe he still woulda got BAMMED, but he wouldn't have hung himself up like a frikkin piñata.
Apparently he has a habit of going airborne for catches. Digits fans complain about it on their forums. They don't know why he does it, and it drives them nuts.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Mario Manningham ... out for the rest of the season ... courtesy the Seahawks defense.
Hate to see players injured ... always want to beat a team at their best ... but, oh well !!!

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
joeseahawks":1ktdvya5 said:
Mario Manningham ... out for the rest of the season ... courtesy the Seahawks defense.
Hate to see players injured ... always want to beat a team at their best ... but, oh well !!!

I hate that happened to him. I think they may feel it was intentional (I don't) and take out one of our guys with a shot to the knee.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3mo7lelo said:
Honey, I'm not exactly sure what you were hoping to see at an NFL football game, but most here want to see the ball separated from the ball holder.....and that ain't easy when the ball holder has 22" biceps!!!

"Honey"?! WTF? I don't quite get why I need to be condescended to merely because I enjoy football for reasons *other* than casual brutality. I certainly wasn't insulting anyone with any of my posts. So, as I've heard said, "What's your deal?"

Also, merry Christmas!

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
BlueTalon":gfzi9raq said:
HawkAroundTheClock":gfzi9raq said:
BEEE-UTIFUL! I assert that VD had no reason to go up in the air like that except that he knew Kam was coming. The split second when the ball is about to hit his hands, his heard turns to see Kam a step and a half away. I'm totally speculating that VD went up and brought his legs up like that to be in a defensive/protective position. If he kept his feet and snatched the ball out of the air with his hands, he may have been able to duck and dive under the hit. Maybe he still woulda got BAMMED, but he wouldn't have hung himself up like a frikkin piñata.
Apparently he has a habit of going airborne for catches. Digits fans complain about it on their forums. They don't know why he does it, and it drives them nuts.

Interesting... I had no idea this was a tendency. If that's so, VD, the 9ers, and every other team is going to have to make great efforts to NOT set themselves up for hits like that when facing the Seahawks. Opponents' fear is preceding our path through the playoffs.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SlimHawk80":2lrgn3oz said:
I cant believe how many flags came out on this hit. Silly stripes at it again. Love the look on VD's face

VD was asleep before he hit the ground.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":f2gt4qm5 said:
BlueTalon":f2gt4qm5 said:
HawkAroundTheClock":f2gt4qm5 said:

Interesting... I had no idea this was a tendency. If that's so, VD, the 9ers, and every other team is going to have to make great efforts to NOT set themselves up for hits like that when facing the Seahawks. Opponents' fear is preceding our path through the playoffs.
I know why he does it. He doesn't trust his hands, so he elevates to body catch.