Seattle ranked 5th all time in DVOA by Football Outsiders

kearly

Reaction score
The 2005 team was #4 among 2005 teams, in case there is any confusion.

By the way, this is the best year in the history of DVOA by far. A record five teams are currently +30%. (Seattle was +29% in 2005). This is the best year (in at least the last 21 years, but probably ever) in the NFL. And that elite group of teams is topped by our current Seahawks team. By a comfy margin. And they are playing their best football right as the season as ending.

Exciting times.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Our team is ridic. I love it. All I wanted at the beginning of the year was a play-off spot and a demonstration that we are a potential contender. I got a whole lot more....

bellingerga

Reaction score
kearly":2qwzb78n said:

By the way, this is the best year in the history of DVOA by far. A record five teams are currently +30%. (Seattle was +29% in 2005). This is the best year (in at least the last 21 years, but probably ever) in the NFL. And that elite group of teams is topped by our current Seahawks team. By a comfy margin. And they are playing their best football right as the season as ending.

Exciting times.

omg man. exciting times indeed. What a fantastic ride this year has been.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Throwdown":3iyhdri1 said:
honest/stupid question, but what the hell does DVOA even mean?

DVOA is awesome. He has been stuffing the run and kicking ass for us all year.

My next jersey. Word.

BallHawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":29h2xeov said:

From the wiki:
DVOA stands for Defense-adjusted Value Over League. calculates a team's success based on the down-and-distance of each play during the season, then calculates how much more or less successful each team is compared to the league average.

Throwdown

Reaction score
BallHawker":3rwd1lh6 said:
Throwdown":3rwd1lh6 said:

From the wiki:
DVOA stands for Defense-adjusted Value Over League. calculates a team's success based on the down-and-distance of each play during the season, then calculates how much more or less successful each team is compared to the league average.

Sounds like a lot of work

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
DVOA is WAR for football stat heads. DVOA is what ESPN wishes their Total QBR could be.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The good news, 6 of those all time teams won a Super Bowl.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Good God, what is happening in Seattle right now. I honestly woke up yesterday morning more excited for the Rams game next weekend than I was for Christmas. And I have a 4 year old and a 6 year old that are all about it right now. That's saying something.

BuffaloHawk

Reaction score
Lol 49er fan telling us to be classy. Same fans that wanted to break Wilson's leg. Same fans that loved when Willis knocked out hasselbeck in 09

Perfundle

Reaction score
kearly":fa5lqiwa said:

By the way, this is the best year in the history of DVOA by far. A record five teams are currently +30%. (Seattle was +29% in 2005). This is the best year (in at least the last 21 years, but probably ever) in the NFL.
They changed the way they calculated DVOA, though. The total DVOA of all 32 teams is now set to zero, so that stat only means that the DVOA difference between the top 5 teams and the rest of the league is the greatest it's ever been.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":97rw2cdv said:
Throwdown":97rw2cdv said:

DVOA is awesome. He has been stuffing the run and kicking ass for us all year.

My next jersey. Word.

Alright, that was funny. :th2thumbs: