Sherman: Urine sample compromised

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
bellingerga":2t6tn5ux said:
cesame":2t6tn5ux said:
I'm actually pretty optimistic now that he won't be suspended

That would obviously be HUGE. The Seahawks need Sherman if they want to get to the SB.

Cesame optimistic about something? THE MAYAN APOCALYPSE IS REAL :stirthepot:

If that's optomistic, I must be really out of touch, but I agree that losing him would be the second largest blow our secondary could take. Most people don't realize how Thomas holds that whole thing together.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Not to mention Roger Goodell is going to get publicly raaped for his Salem witch hunt style persecution of the New Orleans Saints organization,
Jonathan Vilma isn't going to let this die. I don't blame him

themunn

Reaction score
I only have one question regarding this:

How does Sherman prove the seal was broken? Did he take pictures? I simply cannot believe that his defence is based on his word versus someone else's, I'm just curious as to how he proves that this was the case

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Great defense by a great defender. Which makes my cynical side - okay, yeah, that's the only side I have - wonder if he didn't use something to poke a hole in the container to cause it to leak in the first place.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":29sy4eab said:
Sherman doesn't have to win. He just has to tie up the process until next season and we'll get him through the Superbowl. :)
Sherman and his lawyers need to privately threaten Rog and the NFL there will be a big lawsuit against both if the suspension isn't dropped, a lawsuit that Rog and the NFL will LOSE in a court of law.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Maybe his urine is like alien blood and it eats through stuff?

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
SNDavidson":b23tejur said:
Maybe his urine is like alien blood and it eats through stuff?

You mean alien as in Autobots? It makes sense why Optimus Prime pisses speed and shiits thunder. Energon > skittles. ;)

mikeak

Reaction score
If the seal was broken an that was documented he will "walk". Either in this appeal or higher level. There is no doubt in my mind ASSUMING that this can be proven. Ryan Braun got off on the claim that the same didn't go straight back despite the handling following the protocol. A professional tester should have redone the test even if it took hours for another sample.

This will be an embarrassment to the NFL if they know Sherman can prove a break in the seal. They just lost face in the bounty issue and won't do it again....

djb28

Reaction score
Cant afford to lose him. Even with Browner back. His presence back there, his trash talk, Swag, and play making abilities can not be matched. I hope this is thrown out! I do not think this team makes it to the Super Bowl without him.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I read an article about a former Seahawk who won a lawsuit against the NFL because he tested positive and had never taken PEDs. He reached the biggest settlement to date for years of missed pay...ect.

I doubt they want a shot at that again, if indeed there was some sort or wronging.

ensett

Reaction score
Latest tweet from Sherman:

Hoping we play in a just League @nfl. Not a league that allows a tester to mix urine samples. A tester with a history of errors. Has has had to have 6 other tests thrown out and he has only been testing 6months.

blue 22

Reaction score
ensett":2xpu80c7 said:

Hoping we play in a just League @nfl. Not a league that allows a tester to mix urine samples. A tester with a history of errors. Has has had to have 6 other tests thrown out and he has only been testing 6months.

you beat me to it.

Man I hope the nfl is nice!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
ensett":u2sy310j said:

Not trying to get my hopes up...but sounds like Sherman did his homework. The Worm just might wiggle his way out of this one.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
morgulon1":1je57j06 said:
Not to mention Roger Goodell is going to get publicly raaped for his Salem witch hunt style persecution of the New Orleans Saints organization,
Jonathan Vilma isn't going to let this die. I don't blame him

It wasn't a witch hunt. Tag's confirmed the players involvement (saying no one should feel good about what had happened) but said the blame should fall on the coaches only. Vilma has nothing to go on. trying to prove Libel against the commish will be darn near impossible to gather evidence suggesting that Goodell maliciously went after him.

bellingerga

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2ka0kqru said:
ensett":2ka0kqru said:

Not trying to get my hopes up...but sounds like Sherman did his homework. The Worm just might wiggle his way out of this one.

nice quotable there man, the worm might just wiggle his way out. hah

SharkHawk

Reaction score
The really really stupid thing here on the NFL/Testers behalf is all they needed to do was throw out his initial test and have him re-test once he got re-hydrated (usually an hour and a 16 oz. cup of water later).

Unless there is a specific item in their testing procedures that says they don't have to follow a chain of custody (the cup you pee in is the one we have to use), or there is a specific section that says they can not retest you within X amount of hours or days, then it makes absolutely no sense that the tester wouldn't have said "ooops... broken cup, let's retest in an hour. Here's a glass of water. Have a seat and watch some tube or goof around with your phone, and let me know when you're ready to do it again."

I have had a "chain of custody" situation happen before at pain management when they forgot to empty the storage bin you put them in as they got backed up because they were busy. There were multiple unsealed cups and somebody had forgotten to take 3 out when I put mine in. I pointed out when I came out (it's a pass through door that you can put the test in on your side, and the nurse pulls it out from the other). I said that there were multiple cups in there and there was piss all over the place (looked like somebody intentionally splashed all over the place... probably to try to taint all tests and cover themselves for using street drugs) and I was uncomfortable (they were using dixie cups with our names written on them by us). I said I wasn't comfortable with the whole situation. They said that it was their fault and they'd retest me another time. The next time I was tested, they used sealed cups with my info pre-printed on a label by a computer with a permanent seal on the cup that I had to break, and every time since I've had an empty pass through to place the cup in.

sutz

Reaction score
Wow, Shark, I've never heard of a lab that sloppy. It would certainly make one suspicious of the validity of any tests run there.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Vilma has been a whiny child about all of this, I'll be shocked if he actually wins anything big against Goodell.