Has Trufant been holding us back this entire time?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • It feels like ever since Trufant got injured, were suddenly not getting gassed on 3rd and long -_-"

I think Maxwell and Lane are two very solid nickel players, Thurmond gets hurt to often for me to trust him
    Axx
    NET Veteran

• I think we needed Trufant for the preseason and first 3rd of the season to help increase the growth of the young guys. Trufant knows he's done... the young talent is just too good.
    nsport
    * NET Sports Handicapper *

• Could well be. We were scared having to use Maxwell and Lane in recent games, but they've stepped up well. As was said in the postgame remarks, they could well be starters elsewhere in the league.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• I love our defenses "Next Man Up" philosophy. It doesn't matter who is playing back there, they get the job done, every time, with no noticable dropoff betweenthe #1 and the #5.
    otter
    NET Rookie

• Lets get Trufant a Ring for his retirement party
    madbohem
    NET Rookie

• otter wrote:I love our defenses "Next Man Up" philosophy. It doesn't matter who is playing back there, they get the job done, every time, with no noticable dropoff betweenthe #1 and the #5.

I think talent also has a role in there somewhere. It's not like a team would go to 10 men on the field if a starter went down. Moreso than 'next man up,' which every team in the league subscribes to, I think it has more to do with the 'always compete' mantra during practice. Our depth is not just taking mental reps during games. I scoffed at such things as 'Competition Tuesday' initially, but there actually might be something to it.
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• otter wrote:I love our defenses "Next Man Up" philosophy. It doesn't matter who is playing back there, they get the job done, every time, with no noticable dropoff betweenthe #1 and the #5.

Exactly. It's the difference between a team having, say, their best D lineman out or stepping up and getting it done. Gotta love our depth.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

• madbohem wrote:Lets get Trufant a Ring for his retirement party

X ... :th2thumbs:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:18 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information