Violently announcing our arrival as a powerhouse

Erebus

Reaction score
The best part is that Kam was able to assert his dominance and establish fear in their WRs without it leading to points for SF, thanks to Red Bryant.

two dog

Reaction score
Hit of the year. That hurt in your living room.

'9er fans whining about the officiating but silent about this blown call (except that
Chancellor should be banned, blah, blah, blah).

Kam spoke for all of us with this blow.

Pstark3

Reaction score
Definitely a tone-setting hit for the rest of the game.. the 49er offense was starting to pick up at this point, that ended quickly

SlimHawk80

Reaction score
I cant believe how many flags came out on this hit. Silly stripes at it again. Love the look on VD's face

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Bleacher Report has a poll as to whether or not this was a legal hit. Nearly 2000 votes. 97.3% say it was legal. 2.7% say it was not.

(FYI, I got to Bleacher Report by searching for video of the Chancellor hit. I DID NOT intentionally go to Bleacher Report because I thought they would have any content that is worthwhile).

Riley12

Reaction score
The NFL is tightening it's nuts in a vice this season with regards to this type of violent, but legal, hit.

It's obvious now that refs have been told to flag these massive, momentum changing hits, but they haven't made them illegal
in the rule books. The Rule Committee meetings are going to be interesting this offseason. Will they make receivers untouchable
even after a catch?

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
At times I find myself a bit turned off by the casual brutality of the NFL and the whole intent-to-hurt-really-bad-but-somehow-not-injure thing. I think you can play really hard, and even violently, without crossing the line. Kam's was not really to my personal taste, but I'd rather see 1,000 of those than one of what happened to Manningham which was legal, clean and in no way intentionally brutal.

hawker84

Reaction score
it was said on NFL Network by marshall faulk i believe... it's vertually impossible to play safety in the league right now, if you can't make these kind of hits.. what are you suppose to do lead with your hands?

pretty much sums it up.... flag football anyone?

Starrman44

Reaction score
two dog":30fgjkao said:
Hit of the year. That hurt in your living room.

'9er fans whining about the officiating but silent about this blown call (except that
Chancellor should be banned, blah, blah, blah).

Kam spoke for all of us with this blow.

I also like the Witten hit and Tate's "Tater" on Sean Lee. Witten had Gator arms the rest of the day. They couldn't wait to leave the Clink...

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Kenetic energy is measured by combining mass and speed. That hit was "off the charts"! The NFL is attempting to slow down the game so less kenetic energy is imparted with these kind of hits. There is no question in my mind that the NFL is trying to give the image of making the game "safer".....thanks to the Players Association Union impending law suit which would likely "break the bank" at the NFL headquarters. This would likely result in such a modification in the way that the game is played that we would not recogize it as "tackle football". Everything depends on the outcome of this lawsuit!

Twisted

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":mc912n9q said:
Kam's was not really to my personal taste,

huh? as stated it was a text book separate the ball from the receiver hit..

theres a couple ways to defend the pass, stay tight on your man, bait the quarterback and lead the receiver for the ball jarring hit, all 3 necessary facets of the game..

maybe the league should just hand out feathers to defenders, maybe they can tickle the ball loose? :?

Seeker

Reaction score
This game was so beautiful, look at the rain cascading off that golden dome! SMACK!!!!!

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Twisted":rak6bmh3 said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":rak6bmh3 said:
Kam's was not really to my personal taste,

huh? as stated it was a text book separate the ball from the receiver hit..

I didn't suggest that it was illegal or dirty or anything of the sort; just that it isn't to my taste. As in, I personally don't really dig that level of brutality. I'm not necessarily agitating to get rid of it, it's just not what I tune in hoping to see. I get that plenty of other fans see it differently and are attracted to the game for different reasons.

largenutz

Reaction score
to all the BALLERS on .net, I cant remember if they locked Kam up with a new contract-if not I know us 12s could chip in and pay his fines for him.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
BEEE-UTIFUL! I assert that VD had no reason to go up in the air like that except that he knew Kam was coming. The split second when the ball is about to hit his hands, his heard turns to see Kam a step and a half away. I'm totally speculating that VD went up and brought his legs up like that to be in a defensive/protective position. If he kept his feet and snatched the ball out of the air with his hands, he may have been able to duck and dive under the hit. Maybe he still woulda got BAMMED, but he wouldn't have hung himself up like a frikkin piñata.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Flagging that hit as well as Earl's "hit" on Tannenhill takes away the incentive to play football cleanly.

If you are going to be flagged regardless, why not abandon caution and technique?

Go for the knockout blow and let the chips fall.

Its just lame.

Latest posts