Darrell Bevell

getnasty

Reaction score
Got to hand it to Bevell, he has really got the offense playing well. To think that most of us, myself included wanted him run out of town earlier this year. Quite a turnaround going from all the bubble screens to now the read option. He also played QB at Wisconsin which i didn't know.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Eh I don't understand what took him so long, except for the fact that RW is a rookie.

I know everyone says pre season means little but seeing the Seahawks put up 40 plus against the Chiefs was eye opening.

I had thoughts of what our offense could be and now it seems like its playing out.

Props to Bevell, for ignoring my ignorance of his genius.

Pstark3

Reaction score
I'll eat crow too.. still dont agree with all his playcalls but he's done a hell of a job with giving RW exactly what he can handle

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
It's not just Bevell. The execution has been near flawless. Players playing well make coaches look better.

Issues in the NFL are rarely single-source -- it's usually a combination of factors. The offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator take all the arrows because that's the easiest thing for most fans to focus on.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3qbf2pvb said:
Eh I don't understand what took him so long, except for the fact that RW is a rookie.

I know everyone says pre season means little but seeing the Seahawks put up 40 plus against the Chiefs was eye opening.

I had thoughts of what our offense could be and now it seems like its playing out.

Props to Bevell, for ignoring my ignorance of his genius.

I was reading .. I wish I had the link but they were saying, it had nothing to do with the play calling and everything to do with finally letting Russell be Russell.
As soon as they accepted who he was and what skill sets he brought to the table, the started devising plays what would work and everything just clicked from then.

Previously Bevell apparently tried to mold Russ into what they thought was their system, didn't work well and now, well you know.

pehawk

Reaction score
I need to eat a little crow here. What we've seen the past 3 weeks is what I KNEW the offense could be. Seems like Pete needed to trust Bevell and Wilson before either could impose their will. So, yup, I was wrong. As usual.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Pstark3":35b2db0x said:
I'll eat crow too.. still dont agree with all his playcalls but he's done a hell of a job with giving RW exactly what he can handle

# of fan bases that agree with 100% of their team's called plays? Zero.

warden

Reaction score
This stuff takes time, there is a process in developing players. Fans just don't have the patience for the process to take it's course. These fans try to act intelligent by calling someone out.

Pstark3

Reaction score
Seanhawk":10rovjyh said:
Pstark3":10rovjyh said:

# of fan bases that agree with 100% of their team's called plays? Zero.
Well yeah but that doesnt explain his love for WR screens and handing the ball off to Leon on 3rd and 10

Other than that I love what i've seen

Chapman

Reaction score
I'm not sold yet, we still haven't consistanlty won on the road.
Once we can do that I will eat the whole friggin flock of crow.
I do admit things are so much better it's amazing.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I get the distinct impression Seattle kept a lot of stuff in reserve last night, just in case we see them again.